Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #11
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: cannibus (pot) for morning sickness

I have a friend who had HG and pot was the only thing that allowed her to get nourishment to her baby. She tried all the medicines and nothing worked. She wasn't prescribed per se but her father is a doctor who himself grows medical mj and he approved it. Personally, having lived in a community that was financially completely propelled by the marijuana industry and having it just be a part of life for everyone around me I would prefer mj over pharmaceutical meds for HG if I ever were to have it. I don't want to debate it, just my opinion.

ETA: If you do decide to go that route and it is legal for you look into using High CBD/low THC strains. CBD is just starting to come back b/c it negates the "high" effect that THC creates so recreational users tried to breed it out of most commonly grown strains. CBD is really amazing and has a lot of potential for health benefits without getting you high. http://projectcbd.com/index.html

Advertisement

And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused

Last edited by waterisntsomething; 02-03-2013 at 03:22 PM.
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #12
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am not anti-marijuana per se and would consider medical marijuana if it were legal in my state and I needed it for chemo relief or something. But I would never smoke it while pregnant. I also don't agree with taking mess unless they are absolutely necessary, though. I have puked a ton with this pregnancy but have been able to keep something down most days. There was one 3-day period where I was so sick, I was dehydrated and thought I was going to have to ask for something. But it got better. I have been amazed at the number of people who have told me that I should just take something so that I don't like everyday. This is just a phase that will (hopefully) end soon, so why exposť my baby unless I have to?
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #13
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Also, I realize that not taking something isn't an option for some women, especially those suffering with HG.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #14
starfairy1980
Registered Users
seller
seller

My only concern would be getting "normal" pot, and not pot laced with something else. Pot isn't legal where I live, even for medical purposes, but honestly, if I was going to smoke for an extended amt of time, i'd just grow it myself...with organic compost... lol
starfairy1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #15
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfairy1980
My only concern would be getting "normal" pot, and not pot laced with something else. Pot isn't legal where I live, even for medical purposes, but honestly, if I was going to smoke for an extended amt of time, i'd just grow it myself...with organic compost... lol
This is much of my issue with pot today. Many people like to think of it as pure and natural but most of it is laced with other things.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #16
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by brina1823 View Post
In some states in will cause a CPS investigation. Just an fyi since I have investigated for mother and child testing positive for marijuana.
This surprises me bc I live in IL and I literally had the hospital tell me that dcfs/cps does not investige cases where only pot is concerned. No one I know has ever been investigated either. While it is illegal, for reasons that I dont consider to be legitimate nor do I consider it a drug it also has no known negative effects period on anyone ever. Also I think it really helps a lot for depression and is much safer than anything else. I think negative emotions and sadness during pregnancy can be much worse than smoking pot if you have depression or if you just have whacked out pregnancy hormones. I hope that all the people saying they would never "expose" their baby to pot would also never eat conventionally grown food or consume sugar or caffeine while pregnant either
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #17
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenAppenzeller
This surprises me bc I live in IL and I literally had the hospital tell me that dcfs/cps does not investige cases where only pot is concerned. No one I know has ever been investigated either. While it is illegal, for reasons that I dont consider to be legitimate nor do I consider it a drug it also has no known negative effects period on anyone ever. Also I think it really helps a lot for depression and is much safer than anything else. I think negative emotions and sadness during pregnancy can be much worse than smoking pot if you have depression or if you just have whacked out pregnancy hormones. I hope that all the people saying they would never "expose" their baby to pot would also never eat conventionally grown food or consume sugar or caffeine while pregnant either
CA doesn't investigate based on this either, it would be case by case if there was a concern like anyone else. If any other drugs shows up like cocaine, heroine, meth... Then the baby would be taken away immediately and placed in foster care.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #18
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

I've known people to use it. It was more effective than zofran but without the awful side effects.
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #19
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
This is much of my issue with pot today. Many people like to think of it as pure and natural but most of it is laced with other things.
This is a long standing myth. Laced pot is a very very issue. Practically unheard of. It's a DARE scare tactic.
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #20
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

People lace pot all the time back in my hometown, I don't know why you think it's a myth.

I view pot, legalities aside, as any other drug, and wouldn't do it while pregnant. What I do to my own body is my business, but when it involves someone else...