Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #21
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: keeping baby/kid clothes for future children?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DottieHarley View Post

We have almost entirely given up on gymbo bc 1, there is an outlet near my family so 99 pct of what they give us is from there, and 2, the little motifs are so annoying! Hard to match! And then the kid outgrows just the pants! We will pick up cute tees on clearance - but DD is in plain non embellished osh kosh jeans or khaki pants almost all the time. Dont get me started on finding PLAIN jeans for my toddler, grrrrrr.

This was the reason I started buying my daughter boys pants while her body shape was still the same as a boy's. Now she most assuredly doesn't have a boyish shape but the pants are no longer all pink and purple hearts and flowers either.

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 10:21 PM   #22
wasCarmel23
Registered Users
seller

my big kids trash their clothes... so I don't save those at all.. but I will save some of my 2 year-old clothing for his baby brother... they care close enough in age for it to not be too big a deal.

But man-- with 5 kids it is still a ton of clothes!
wasCarmel23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #23
vibrantnotions
Registered Users

This is something I'm starting to think about because my first will soon start outgrowing things. He still fits in his newborn clothes (at almost 6 weeks), but I know he won't for much longer so it will soon be time to pack them away or donate them.

I gravitate towards buying gender neutral, season neutral clothes when I can. Partly because I have no clue when things will fit, and partly because I want to save them for our next child. We do have some gender and season specific clothing due to gifts, and things on occasion being too cute to pass up.

We have a ton of out of the way storage space (an unfinished basement and an attic), and not a ton of money. So for us storing clothes we can use again makes sense. If we had more money or less storage space my conclusion would probably change to saving just favorites or special pieces. It's a balancing act.
vibrantnotions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #24
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
I have 2 girls and one on the way. I saved my odds clothes for the youner ones. They are all warm weather babies so its mostly all useable when the next one hits that size. This is my last baby so Im looking forward to getting rid of everything.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #25
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DottieHarley View Post

We have almost entirely given up on gymbo bc 1, there is an outlet near my family so 99 pct of what they give us is from there, and 2, the little motifs are so annoying! Hard to match! And then the kid outgrows just the pants! We will pick up cute tees on clearance - but DD is in plain non embellished osh kosh jeans or khaki pants almost all the time. Dont get me started on finding PLAIN jeans for my toddler, grrrrrr.
Old Navy has plain toddler jeans and they have a good sale every season. Walmart has good plain toddler jeans as well. I buy 5 pairs for each child every fall and then turn them into shorts or capris the following spring. Then they each have 10 cute shirts for each season, so everything "matches" everything else.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote