Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #31
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

Having had 4 HG pregnancies I would have been open to trying it versus zofran and reglan iv pumps both if which didn't work, if it was legal. I'd be too afraid of legal consequences and side effects/ long term for my baby.

Eta: I wonder about the Long term effects of the dehydration and malnutrition on the baby versus using pot. I think in extreme HG cases benefits might outweigh the risks.

Advertisement

Last edited by L&A'smommy; 02-03-2013 at 07:57 PM.
L&A'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #32
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

Re: cannibus (pot) for morning sickness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes View Post
This is a long standing myth. Laced pot is a very very issue. Practically unheard of. It's a DARE scare tactic.
Exactly. What would anyone lace pot with and why? Anything I get is grown with organic nutrients and has never had anything harmful anywhere near it.
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #33
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

holy cow 4 pages of comments?! thanks mamas. I am reading...
and I so appreciate the messages sent privately as well about your stories. what I would want to know is, I would probably try baking with it or making pills... Im not a smoker or drinker for that matter but I am into natural remedies and always saw pot as a herb. I am very familiar w it as my parents had me in the hippie yrs and they were doing it around me since I was little.
I however, never became a drinker or experimenter in that area. however, I am VERY nauseated and even throw up in pregnancy and would prefer to avoid that in the future if possible. ok now, how do I even get an answer to this? : in a state where it illegal to buy how the heck do i get it? i dont have friends who use it. am i able to buy online safely?
Old 02-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #34
Mommieof2
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
Or it's all about getting the most for the cheapest.
This could very well be a different economic circles thing
The Medical Grain Pot that is Legally grown here is not laced but very potient "so i've heard". I have a cusin that has a prescription and it helps her with her nausea big time. Personally if I was open to smoking I would not be worrying about laced pot because I would not be smoking unless I knew where it was coming from.
Mommieof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #35
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i think my chance of having a baby taken away would be near nothing as I birth at home and the majority of my children have never seen a dr till they were over the age of 2.
If I were to try this remedy for nausea, I would certainly NOT be seeing a dr or allowing any blood work. I also am not one to take many pills (rarely take advil but i did try unisom my last pregnancy) for me, feeling ill for weeks on end is depressing, debilitating and awful. I am constantly crabby, crying, sleeping, laying around and miserable. normally i am VERY active, rarely sit and i am happy and peppy. being THAT ill makes me not want to be pregnant or dare I say alive at points. its terrible. so for 16 weeks... its not worth it for me to try again, w out some back up solutions.
zofran pump is out of the question, as is a major medical med since I dont see dr's.
but herbs, over the counter safe meds I will do.
it seems the studies I have read have all been quite positive and not one baby had any issues. moderation is the key. not to get high, its to only keep the sickies away.

and if I had cancer, I would care less who'd be testing me. If I am at risk to die, I will do WHATEVER i can to make myself feel the best I can.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #36
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfairy1980 View Post
My only concern would be getting "normal" pot, and not pot laced with something else. Pot isn't legal where I live, even for medical purposes, but honestly, if I was going to smoke for an extended amt of time, i'd just grow it myself...with organic compost... lol
I have actually never heard of laced pot in my experience living where it was everywhere and where it was super illegal. I'm not saying it doesn't happen...I just don't think people who sell it really make a habit of selling PCP laced pot to hippie stoners...they wouldnt come back to them KWIM? I also figure a mama who was trying to get it for morning sickness would try to get it from the friendly old hippie grandma down the road rather than the creepy guy on the corner which would make it even less likely to get something crazy mixed in there. That said...nowadays MOST pot is grown with tons of nutrients made of yucky chemicals that are not organic or good for you. Sadly the whole "it's an herb" "its natural" thing is slowly going out the window. I truly believe that true organic MJ is virtually harmless (when used iwth common sense...water can be dangerous when accompanied by a lack of common sense) I don't believe that it's necessarily harmless when grown with a ton of chemicals.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #37
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommieof2 View Post
The Medical Grain Pot that is Legally grown here is not laced but very potient "so i've heard". I have a cusin that has a prescription and it helps her with her nausea big time. Personally if I was open to smoking I would not be worrying about laced pot because I would not be smoking unless I knew where it was coming from.
Medical grade bought from a shop would be fine I'm sure. I'm talking about street maryjane though It's super illegal here, but I spent most if my life in CA where they didn't care as long as you weren't a mass distributor and eventually it was state legal. Lacing wasn't just a scare tactic in my neck of the woods though, I was a bit shocked to read that.

If it were legal and I could pick up a brownie at the local drug store, and I had HG, I would probably choose it over the other options.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #38
MyLovely
Registered Users

OP, what state do you live in? If medicinal marijuana is legal, you could see if your DH could get it. I know people in Colorado who have prescriptions for it for insomnia, cramps, headaches, etc. That way, he could just give it to you and you'd know that it was tip-top quality.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #39
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

There's really no point trying to convince people who already have their mind made up but why can't you say I don't like to smoke pot or I've never tried it or even I wont do anything that's illegal not that its bad for you or your unborn baby bc its been proven that there are no negative effects on anyone. It can't have negative effects on a baby if it doesn't and can't no matter how much is ingested on an adult. A Dr or midwife would never ever say that it was safe if it weren't. They could be sued majorly. Not only can it not hurt you or your baby but I don't even think that a baby could experience the psychoactive properties of it bc of the way it works in your body. Also babies brains are more open than ours anyway and all pot does is open up your mind to more perception than were used to so I'm pretty sure babies and kids are experiencing the world as tho they are high anyway
Those are my beliefs based on things I've read. The only reason pot is illegal is bc of a politically motivated prohibition and it probably wont be for very much longer. Like I said before my kid is way smarter and more advanced than a lot of other kids his age and older and he's been ahead since he was a baby. This isn't just my observation I get it all.the.time from people sometimes strangers. I have done nothing to harm him and if anything maybe its given him a boost
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #40
junebug2311
Registered Users
seller
seller

Some pot is laced - with cocaine or shrooms. But when you purchase it, it would be something you specifically ask for and pay more for. A dealer isn't just going to throw in some cocaine for you so that you keep coming back. Adding something to your product without telling a returning customer wouldn't keep your clients - it would turn them away.