Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
should I be offended?

Ok last year we invited my brotherand his wife (who happens yo be dhs sister) my mom, dhs mom, my friend and her two girls, dhs brother and his daughter. The only ones to show were dhs mom and my friends with her girls fast forward to this year her bday is the twelfth we were seriously considering taking her shopping for a toy eating out and getting some cake. But dd said she wants to have a party so were thinking of having a party. I knew my mom was leaving this week to go to her new boyfriends (in Louisiana) I asked if she would be back in time for her bday and she had totally forgot about her bday I'm ticked off. I guess it all plays in that this is her second boyfriend since my dad passed two years ago and everything and everyone takes the back burner for whoever she's with. She's just single minded and its getting old. If you've made it this far thanks I guess it was more of a rant or maybe I'm looking for validation

Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: should I be offended?

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #3
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

((HUGS)). My mom does the same thing (putting boyfriends ahead of family, along with other flaky things). I don't think I'll ever get over it, but I've lowered my expectations, which helps.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #4
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks dd will be turning three I guess she doesn't know any different but she does understand that she's having a birthday and she gets to invite her friends/loved ones because dd1 was talking it up saying "yay your having a bday who do u want to invite? !?!?!?!" Etc and the first person that she said was mimi (my mom) so in a way I feel like my mom was my dds #1 person she wanted to invite and dds bday was the last thing on my moms mind. Its not as if we haven't mentioned the topic lately :/ gawd I can tell I'm letting this get to me too much but ugh!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #5
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman View Post
((HUGS)). My mom does the same thing (putting boyfriends ahead of family, along with other flaky things). I don't think I'll ever get over it, but I've lowered my expectations, which helps.
I'm sorry it sucks my mom was a typical grandma till my dad died now she's all over the place.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #6
thoennes6
Registered Users
seller

I would be hurt! I get upset because my inlaws show an obvious preference for my bil's kids. I would be very hurt and disapointed and okay really mad if my own mother forget about my kids birthday
thoennes6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #7
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoennes6 View Post
I would be hurt! I get upset because my inlaws show an obvious preference for my bil's kids. I would be very hurt and disapointed and okay really mad if my own mother forget about my kids birthday
Oh thank God I'm not alone even if I am overreacting lol
Old 02-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #8
thoennes6
Registered Users
seller

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiemama View Post
Oh thank God I'm not alone even if I am overreacting lol
thoennes6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #9
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

My kids are crazy about my mom, too (also called Mimi, lol). Luckily, their Nana (mil) is very dependable, even if she lives over an hour away. I don't think my kids have caught on to my moms flakiness, yet. They are only 2&3, though.

Completely normal to feel disappointed ((HUGS)).