Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #41
junebug2311
Registered Users
seller
seller

To be on topic - smoking while pregnant to help with my morning sickness is not something I would personally do, and it never occurred to me while I was battling it. But, if it helps you, by all means do it.

Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #42
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenAppenzeller
what wouldst someone lace pot with and why? Totally a dare scare tactic as someone else said. It just makes me sad that its been demonized. I honestly would the people that think its so bad to give one reason why that actually makes sense. I hate when people just say bc its bad why is it bad bc you don't like it? Then you should just say I don't like pot or I've never tried it. Don't claim that it can hurt your baby if there isn't any evidence that is not tri
Most commonly, I have known it to be laced with cocaine but I have heard of it being laced with many drugs including heroin, meth, PCP, etc. Your assumptions are very presumptuous. I have never seen any reputable source claiming that any street drug, including marijuana is safe for pregnancy. I don't see how it would ever have been ethically studied, truthfully.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #43
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

Re: cannibus (pot) for morning sickness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
Most commonly, I have known it to be laced with cocaine but I have heard of it being laced with many drugs including heroin, meth, PCP, etc. Your assumptions are very presumptuous. I have never seen any reputable source claiming that any street drug, including marijuana is safe for pregnancy. I don't see how it would ever have been ethically studied, truthfully.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
you must not have read the previous comments where I talked about a study they did in jamaica and then the person after me gave the name of the person a nurse I think that conducted the study. How would it be unethical?? They study medication and its effects on pregnant women don't they? I don't at all consider marijuana a "street drug"
. Its an herb that has been on this earth for quite some time and in my opinion put here by god for the enlightenment of mankind. Does not need to be chemically altered or processed in any way and has never ever had any sort of negative effect on a person. They document adverse drug reactions and it has been studied ((maybe not on pregnant women but on human people ad has no adverse effects
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:50 PM   #44
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug2311 View Post
Some pot is laced - with cocaine or shrooms. But when you purchase it, it would be something you specifically ask for and pay more for. A dealer isn't just going to throw in some cocaine for you so that you keep coming back. Adding something to your product without telling a returning customer wouldn't keep your clients - it would turn them away.
You can't smoke cocaine or mushrooms I mean you could but nothing would happen
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #45
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Interesting. I never thought if it. I'm a little crazy, don't even take more than a normal dose of vitamins when pregnant but I do use other herbs (nettle, alfalfa, etc).

It does make more sense to me than the scary prescription stuff!!
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:34 AM   #46
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just wanted to comment on the laced marijuana. If you were a marijuana user it would be easy to tell if it was laced with something IMO. I grew up around it and have family/friends that use and it can become like a hobby; learning the different strains and viewing it under microscopes etc...I've also never heard of or seen laced pot. A guy I hung around in high school did however add coke to a joint he rolled and I thought it was crazy. As pp mentioned; you wouldn't get return customers if your lacing your pot. As with any herb/medication you should become as knowledgeable about it as you can before using it.
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:39 AM   #47
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Very interesting thread. I live in a state were it is legal but its still illegal on the federal level.

My midwife posted this on Facebook
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/768324?src=mpnews

We never discussed it so I'm not sure exactly how she feels about it.

Last edited by jaelynsmommy61607; 02-04-2013 at 12:47 AM.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:00 AM   #48
Puppydog
Banned for 6 months for ignoring repeated request to attempt to be polite/respectful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenAppenzeller View Post
There's really no point trying to convince people who already have their mind made up but why can't you say I don't like to smoke pot or I've never tried it or even I wont do anything that's illegal not that its bad for you or your unborn baby bc its been proven that there are no negative effects on anyone. It can't have negative effects on a baby if it doesn't and can't no matter how much is ingested on an adult. A Dr or midwife would never ever say that it was safe if it weren't. They could be sued majorly. Not only can it not hurt you or your baby but I don't even think that a baby could experience the psychoactive properties of it bc of the way it works in your body. Also babies brains are more open than ours anyway and all pot does is open up your mind to more perception than were used to so I'm pretty sure babies and kids are experiencing the world as tho they are high anyway
Those are my beliefs based on things I've read. The only reason pot is illegal is bc of a politically motivated prohibition and it probably wont be for very much longer. Like I said before my kid is way smarter and more advanced than a lot of other kids his age and older and he's been ahead since he was a baby. This isn't just my observation I get it all.the.time from people sometimes strangers. I have done nothing to harm him and if anything maybe its given him a boost
I have no opinion on smoking pot as long as its not around children dependent on you care and I have not been in an HG situation so I won't pass judgement on something I know nothing about. But, as for the "no effects" thing. It does have effects, most notably the drop in IQ. Yes, it is only observed in teens but that is still an effect.

m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml?pageType=health&catid=57501243& feed_id=5&videofeed=41
Old 02-04-2013, 05:28 AM   #49
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

^^^Your link didn't work but I found the article your refering to. I also came across this article that suggests the methods used for the study were flawed. http://m.pnas.org/content/early/2013...78110.abstract
The media is used to exaggerate and demonize many things.
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:47 AM   #50
Puppydog
Banned for 6 months for ignoring repeated request to attempt to be polite/respectful.

Agreed. But I don't believe that smoking pot has ZERO side effects.