Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #1411
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Just wow

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #1412
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by august6 View Post

I don't have to explain myself to you. You're a sad little woman behind a computer. You're a bully at school. You're everything that I can only hope not to be. Have a great night.
Well. I'm glad you know me so well.
I also never bullied anyone. No sure where you got that from

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016

Last edited by kushie tushie; 02-02-2013 at 09:49 PM.
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #1413
AtLeast
Registered
Formerly: rli***t
seller
seller

This is total drive-by post, I've only skimmed, but I wanted to possibly shed light on the "anesthetic in the abdomen" part.

I give local anesthetic as a dental hygienist and I'm thinking this is like doing an infiltration around a specific tooth as opposed to a block. One blocks sensation just at the tooth, one blocks a quarter of the arch. I'm thinking the doctor did a block and numbed at the nerve ganglion rather than just at the foreskin.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:56 AM   #1414
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

Last edited by JustSomeChickVee; 02-03-2013 at 06:39 AM.
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #1415
bea2269
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennayoung99
After reading some of your experiences with pedis and nurses trying to retract I've been thinking, why are these people even touching these boys genitals? I mean I get if there was some sort of an issues with rashes or infections, but a health baby being brought in for a check up, or being brought in for a non-genital related issue, and being man handled in such a way is mind boggling. I don't have a boy, but when my daughter was brought into the dr for a check up or even for a diaper rash no one was trying to man handle her bits, they didn't even spread her labia, let alone try and see "how far" her clitoral hood would go. This just seems like such a warped practice.
It is very warped. But, I believe it stems from a lack of education on intact male anatomy in med school. It is ingrained in society that foreskins are these nasty little creatures that suddenly turn on their owners without warning. Many doctors simply don't know to leave well enough alone. They don't understand that the foreskin will not retract most often until puberty.
bea2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:01 AM   #1416
bea2269
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMercy
The dr has to check that the testicles are descended. That's why they are spending any time down there.
This is true, but my son's testicles were already descended when she tried to retract him. Even if she was checking his testicles, she had no reason to handle his foreskin.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #1417
bea2269
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandj

I know, heck, if they were going to that extreme I as a parent might even bring up sexual harassment charges??
I totally agree. That is unacceptable behavior.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #1418
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by august6 View Post
Yes, me calling you idiots is the issue here. . . After you all have treated me so kindly?

So because you all haven't heard of it, it doesn't exist? Considering you don't even know what he had wrong with him? You "giggle" because you think a woman is so bored she makes up a condition that could have killed her child? That's even worse.

Not to mention, you stalk my posts on other threads in case you find a flaw in my story. You all are crazy! I will gladly be removed from here for calling you all idiots, but I can only hope the moderators see you all and how you're harassing me for simply talking on a thread, apologizing where necessary, and answering your questions enough that doesn't tell you everything about my life. Yet still having my child and myself "giggled" at.

The type of people you all are . . . Omg, such bad people.
The ladies here may have a different opinion if you would share actual condition. Alluding to "conditions" that require a child to be circumcised at so young an age isn't something most, if any, here have heard of. You have shared a lot of details without actually outright naming,or even describing, this condition none here have heard of. While I'm not saying that doesn't mean you are legit, I am saying that if you wish people to take you at your word, that most likely will not happen. Back up what you are saying with links/facts/names.

Also, it may help others considering circumcision to know who and where the doctor is that circumcised your son. Or what type of circumcision he is practicing. His circumcision method is vastly different than anything I have seen, or heard of, locally.

I'll continue to review this thread but do know that we do not allow name calling on this site. Women may not bully you either.

So far I have mostly seen people not understanding what type of condition would require circumcision and woman saying they have never heard of a painless one. You can easily inform them by sharing name of condition and name of procedure used to circumcise your son. Or link to actual facts/descriptions.

Last edited by ~happy2Bamommy~; 02-03-2013 at 09:29 PM.
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #1419
davidsgirl777
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ooooh my!

Hey ladies I'm pregnant with my second boy and would love info on "reasons not to circ"! I'm on my cell and would rather not search through all the posts at the moment. Would a few of you ladies be so kind and message me links ??! It would thrill me to no end!

TIA!!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #1420
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsgirl777 View Post
Ooooh my!

Hey ladies I'm pregnant with my second boy and would love info on "reasons not to circ"! I'm on my cell and would rather not search through all the posts at the moment. Would a few of you ladies be so kind and message me links ??! It would thrill me to no end!

TIA!!
YAY! Back on track.

Someone PM this lovely woman!
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote