Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
Mandrice
Registered Users
seller

Miscarriage at 13 weeks

I was happily expecting my 4th child, when at 13 weeks we lost baby. People tell me that it was nature, something was wrong with baby. I can't help but feel a little guilty as I wasn't exactly happy when I found out I was pregnant. I keep getting these feelings like, if only I had LOVED this baby more, I would still be pregnant.

Advertisement

http://www.facebook.com/hookedbyamanda
Mandrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
it's not your fault, really. It's very easy to blame yourself but please don't. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I lost my little guy at 16 weeks and it took a couple months to stop blaming myself, it wasn't my fault. It just happened.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #3
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Miscarriage at 13 weeks

I am so very sorry. I know it is hard to process, but it is not your fault. I recently miscarried a very surprise pregnancy (we had been actively preventing) and I had been horrified when I first found out I was pregnant. Then we got over it and got really excited just long enough to start making plans, then I miscarried. I cannot explain the guilt that I felt even if I knew it wasn't logical. I don't have any magic words to make it feel better (believe me I could use them as well), but I know that truly our babies knew we loved them even if we had mixed feelings. Again, truly sorry for your loss
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #4
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

was right in your spot mama. i was miserable sick and really unhappy, even tho I got pregnant easily and wanted the pregnancy. but I complained a ton, I was so so sick to my standards for over 6 weeks and now that its over I am sad, feeling guilty and terrible...

im sure you have a whole slew of feelings going thru you. take one day at a time, perhaps journal. cry, yell. whatever you need to do.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #5
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am so very sorry for your loss. I also lost one of our twins at 13 weeks. I still feel super guilty because I kept thinking about how scary it was to have twins and how we would make it work. I had even wished just one had stuck ( we transferred 2 embryos through IVF)

I believe that all the feelings we experience are natural- there is fear with any change even as happy as a baby... so I try not to feel the guilt as much as the loss. The loss is something I will carry with me forever. Take good care of yourself.
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
Mandrice
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for all the kind words, mamas. I was hoping it would be just a simple miscarriage, but my doc (who I went to afterwards so I could get on birth control) suspects that it was a molar pregnancy. So, now he is setting up an appointment with an OB so I can go get a D&C and then who knows what. I have read that after a molar pregnancy people need to have monthly blood tests and be on BC for 6-12 months (I am fine with that, need time for baby to be the baby and save $$ for our midwife so no stressing next pregnancy), I'm just anxious for the unknown. I guess there is a chance of it turning to cancer, but cancer is everywhere now a days that it seems like everything causes it. Have any of you experienced a D&C or molar pregnancy? Any advice? Thanks!

http://www.facebook.com/hookedbyamanda
Mandrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #7
painter412
Registered Users
seller

you did nothing wrong. it just happens... 1 in every 5 pregnancies miscarry. hug the ones you have. sorry for your loss
painter412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #8
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

I have experienced both. The D&C was completely painless. I had begun hemorrhaging with my mc and had the emergency D&C. I was in so much pain before, but after the 20 minute surgery the physical pain was gone.

The molar pregnancy was my first pregnancy when I was in my early 20's. I was on BC for 6 months after. I think I had labs ran every 6 weeks. The D&C with that was also completely painless. My OB at the time said that it was rare for a molar to actually cause cancer but that was a possibility so they check to be on the safe side. I would try not to worry. I know easier said than done. The D&C is a very painless procedure. My thoughts are with you during this tough time.
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #9
kadesmama
Registered Users
seller

I'm so sorry for your loss. I think guilt is natural, whether you were trying to get pregnant for years or really didn't want that right when it happened. I felt guilty and i was the former. Try to remember its not you're fault, it will get better with time.
kadesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #10
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
So sorry mama. I lost our 4th pregnancy at 13.5 weeks in August. I think it was mostly so hard because after 3 totally uneventful pregnancies and getting pregnant easily I just didn't even consider something would go wrong it's hard.
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote