Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #11
77Lipen
Registered Users

came out on the operating table as soon as they were finished and then put me on another bed to go to recovery.
My sil had c-section, she said if you feel really bad pressure roll onto your belly (seriously) and just fart your heart out.
I had 0 complications, out after 2 days. My friend had tons of problems with all 3 c-sections and had infection after infection. I do think she tries to do too much after (she even wanted a c-section with her 3rd Bon Friday cause Monday was a pa day and needed to be home -even though her husband would be there).
Don't lift anything heavy, seriously,you could tear inside or outside.
Walk walk walk. Best advice I have
Also take the pain meds prescribe.

Advertisement

77Lipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #12
77Lipen
Registered Users

The cathadar came out after they were done operating was what the beginning sentence should have said.

Stay healthy, try not to smoke (if you do) or cut back, apparently smokers have higher rates of infection.

Leave the hospital as soon as you can. The longer you stay, the higher the chance of getting infection. As it was after 2 days in the hospital my LO still contracted chicken pox (10 day incubation period and the spots appeared 10 days after she was born).

Wear granny panties... All my underwear were 'hipster' style and fell below my belly, but after c-section they rubbed right on the staples, so I had to buy some higher waisted underwear.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #13
77Lipen
Registered Users

If you don't feel well during the operation tell the anesthetist ASAP, he/she can alter the drug dosing so you don't feel sick or anything.

After I left the hospital my pain meds consisted of Tylenol and Advil (as per dr orders), these were just fine to take the edge off and surprisingly worked really well.

And if you have to poo, laugh ect, hold a pillow on your belly. This helps the pressure.

No serious working out until 6-8 weeks (if you plan anything like that).
Old 02-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #14
77Lipen
Registered Users

And my time in recovery was about 20 minutes. I could feel my legs again after about 2-3 hours.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #15
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Re: c-sec questions

On catheters, I had general anesthesia for an emergency C-section, and the catheter was left in for 24 hours after the surgery. Once it was out I was encouraged to walk around as much as I felt comfortable, but man it hurt!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #16
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
For example what things do they do to keep circulation flowing in the legs (VERY IMPORTANT!!). What is the timeline for you to get up and start walking, and how long is the catherter typically in?
I had those pressure stockings on from before the csec until I was up and moving/walking well.
Catheter was in for me until the day after my csec, but it could have been out sooner except that I had a horrid spinal headache and couldn't handle being upright that first day. If not for that, though, they like to have you stand up at least sometime in the first 12 hours after surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Lipen View Post
If you don't feel well during the operation tell the anesthetist ASAP, he/she can alter the drug dosing so you don't feel sick or anything.
Ugh, yes. I was talking with the anaethetist the whole time during mine, so we caught the epidural mess-up quickly, before I stopped breathing and things got too hairy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Lipen View Post
And my time in recovery was about 20 minutes. I could feel my legs again after about 2-3 hours.
Normal time in recovery is an hour at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
On catheters, I had general anesthesia for an emergency C-section, and the catheter was left in for 24 hours after the surgery. Once it was out I was encouraged to walk around as much as I felt comfortable, but man it hurt!
I didn't hurt too much, at least not as much as I was expecting to, but I did have to keep telling myself "It will not burst, it will not rip open" over and over. The nurses laughed at me During my pre-op stuff I actually made the nurse promise me that the incision wouldn't burst open with normal getting up and moving around - she laughed, too

One thing for sure - when you're getting back into bed (once you're up and about I mean) crawl up onto the bed on all fours and then turn yourself over - SOOOOOO much easier on the tummy than their recommended way of sitting on the bed and pulling your legs up!
I think it was the second day after my csec, or at least really late in the first day after, that my nurse saw me getting into bed, in pain, and said "Get UP! Don't do it like that!!" She told me the (much!) better way to do it, and said they always recommend that way on urology, after hysterectomies or whatnot.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #17
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I loved those pressure stocking things. The air moving around in them felt just like baby kicks in my legs. It was really weird. I was missing the kicks in my abdomen, but I was feeling them in my legs

I don't remember much about the catheter. I don't think it was in very long. I had a pretty short recovery over all, I think.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #18
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I will write more tomorrow but wanted to say thanks! All your inputs were a big help tonight at my c-sec class and tour! Thanks a bunch!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #19
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I loved those pressure stocking things. The air moving around in them felt just like baby kicks in my legs.
Mine were just actual stockings. Really tight ones. No air moving in them or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I will write more tomorrow but wanted to say thanks! All your inputs were a big help tonight at my c-sec class and tour! Thanks a bunch!
That's great! Can't wait to hear about it!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #20
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Mine had air moving in them.

Last edited by Mom2Connor; 02-06-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote