Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #11
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 3rd - 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Yuck - hope your DD feels better quickly!

I woke up at 6am and have been stressing about what we would do if I went into labor at night for childcare for DD.

This is still the biggest thing on my mind - ugh.
Thanks, me too.

I can totally understand that being a worry for you. It definitely sounds like something you need to talk through with your DH and come up with a solid (in as much as they can be) plan for, sooner rather than later.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #12
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
If you labor during the night wont they be sleeping?? I plan on calling the in laws, but they are pretty close.
Plus, my mw has two apprentices

Ive been having random anxieties toi, but more pp related. I just want to know my house and everything wilk be taken care of while i rest bc the last two times i couldnt stand to see messes and couldnt ask for help. Im weird that way
Old 02-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #13
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

for passing the point of the loss of your DD. That was a rough couple weeks for me, though having had the u/s and seeing/knowing that Hiccup was healthy was very helpful in getting through it.
Now I'm dealing with the actual dates, though - last week, when I had the bleeding, would have been one year exactly from when Elli actually died. Then today is one year since we saw her, still and no heartbeat, on the u/s.
Calendar dates of my loss are the worst. The actual day we lost DD1s twin is, of course, DD1's birthday, the day before my birthday, AND my due date for this baby... Ugh...

AFM: I can actually breathe through both nostrils today, though I'm trying not to get used to it. I'm still a snot factory. Bleh.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #14
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
I just want to know my house and everything wilk be taken care of while i rest bc the last two times i couldnt stand to see messes and couldnt ask for help. Im weird that way
Have you talked to your DH about all of it? Do you have anyone coming to stay with you and help out with things for the first week or 2?
Maybe it would help to write out a list of the normal, daily or weekly chores, and put it on the fridge. That way, no matter who is there, they would know what you normally do and like to have done, and can help out with something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Calendar dates of my loss are the worst. The actual day we lost DD1s twin is, of course, DD1's birthday, the day before my birthday, AND my due date for this baby... Ugh...
That is going to be a very tough few days.

AFM: Speaking of worrying or stressing about things for/after birth, I'm getting very frustrated with DH. I need him to get this room done downstairs for DD so we can move Levi to her room up here. It's not even so that I can start getting things out and ready for Hiccup, cuz I'm not in a huge rush there (I actually like to wait until 36-37 weeks to do anything, helps fill the time in those last few "anyday now" weeks), but I know transitioning Levi from the crib in our room to a bed in his own room is going to be some work... which means for me, because most of the time Levi won't let DH calm/soothe him.
And I know that if we don't move him until Hiccup comes, it will be me up with Hiccup through the night and dealing with Levi's ups-and-downs or whatnot.

And DH is talking now about not taking his parental leave when Hiccup comes, but instead, waiting to take it until next school year or even next winter. He is able to take his leave (up to 35 weeks, we'll likely only use the 10 weeks he gets topped up through work) anytime in the first year after baby's birth, so it's not that I'm worried about possibly losing his leave... but I'm really not looking forward to coming home from the hospital and right away having to be up through the night with the baby, then get up first thing in the morning with the kids and have to deal with breakfast, making lunches, and getting them out the door to school... with Hiccup there too.
And this is all without a c-sec. If I end up with one, DH better be willing to change his plans!

He does have reasoning behind this - the division wasn't able to find him a different half-time placement, so he had to return to mornings at the school where he had a lot of trouble last year before and while he was on leave after we lost Elliana. If he takes leave when Hiccup comes, though he could be off for the rest of the year and not have to deal with the school, he feels it would make it more difficult to get moved elsewhere in the division.
I don't really agree with him, but we'll see how things go.
Ideally, I'd just love for him to take leave starting at Hiccup's birth and take the rest of this school year off - 10 weeks exactly back from the last day of school would be April 19th, definitely not out of the question if Hiccup will wait until then Then hopefully something else would come up for next year - either another position in a different school, or better yet some online teaching for him - and he wouldn't have to return there.
Better yet, he'd get topped up to full salary for the 10 weeks, and since he technically doesn't get paid for the summer (10 months pay, not 12) he can stay on parental leave and claim that over the summer. That wouldn't give us his full salary for those 2 months, but would give us a little extra cushion, 65% or something of his pay.
Anyhoo... we'll see what I can talk him into, lol.

here - DD vomited at 6:30, then at 8:30 and 9:30, but now she's finally sleeping - I really hope she's through the worst of it now and feels a bunch better when she wakes.
Sidenote - she had gravol at 2am and then again at 8:30 (right after vomiting). Definitely stayed down long enough for her to get some of it in her system, both times... but the vomiting didn't ease in the night and she didn't fall asleep until now If that was me, even with children's gravol (which is what she had) I'd have been passed out after the first dose!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #15
andrea020611
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
Yuck - hope your DD feels better quickly!

I woke up at 6am and have been stressing about what we would do if I went into labor at night for childcare for DD.

This is still the biggest thing on my mind - ugh.
This is bugging me too, although we are planning a home birth so child care during the day is what I'm trying to work out. If I labour during the night hopefully DD will sleep through it. If I go into labour during the day, we will call our parents but they live a 2 hour drive away (both sets). Although I know they would be happy to come down and watch DD, I REALLY don't want them in the house while I'm labouring (especially the in laws. Arg!!!!).

I hope it all ends up working out for both of us

AFM: behind on my reading again, we've all been down and out with a yucky cold/flu for the last week. I don't know who is more whiny, my toddler or my husband. Yes I get that he's sick too, but at least he's not pregnant!! I'm almost looking forward to going back to work tomorrow just for a break from Kleenex and tears lol.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #16
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Glad everything ok Elena!!!

DH is planning on taking a week off when the baby comes. But he is a farmer, and that means that his brother and the farm hands will need to pick up slack for him, so nothing is guaranteed. It'll also be planting season, so we'll see. My sister and Mom are both planning on coming whenever I need them but it would be nice to have DH.
I feel like baby hasn't been as active, maybe because she's getting more crowded? I drank OJ yesterday and pulled out my doppler to help myself feel better. I have an appointment tomorrow so we'll see what they say.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #17
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

DH is HOPING to take 2 weeks off when baby 3 comes, but since he is still looking for a job, it will probably be unpaid... that'll be it. At his old job he used to take 3 months after I went back to work to keep the baby home longer, plus 2 weeks right after delivery. And he had enough leave saved up it was all paid. I do envy other countries parental leave policies sometimes!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #18
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
I feel like baby hasn't been as active, maybe because she's getting more crowded? I drank OJ yesterday and pulled out my doppler to help myself feel better. I have an appointment tomorrow so we'll see what they say.
I would definitely mention it to them at your appt. all is well. Chances are they'd send you for a NST, just to check on baby. KUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
DH is HOPING to take 2 weeks off when baby 3 comes, but since he is still looking for a job, it will probably be unpaid... that'll be it. At his old job he used to take 3 months after I went back to work to keep the baby home longer, plus 2 weeks right after delivery. And he had enough leave saved up it was all paid. I do envy other countries parental leave policies sometimes!!
2 weeks would be okay even, I'm just not looking forward to DH wanting to be back at work the day after Hiccup is born. He did this with Levi - took his birth day off, then worked half the next day and came to pick us up in the afternoon, then back to work as normal after that. FIL was here with us helping with the older kids, though, so I wasn't all alone. But I still hated it.
I am really thankful that we have the option for parental leave up here! The problem is that we can't afford for DH to take it past his top up period, which is the first 10 weeks of leave. And the division won't allow for dividing up the leave - when you first start, you get your 10 weeks from then, whether you take the whole thing or not. So if DH took the 2 weeks, he'd never get the other 8, kwim?

AFM: DD seems to be on the mend. Tired, but no more vomiting since 10:30, IIRC. She's really wanting to go to school tomorrow, they're going for a field trip to try ice fishing! But we'll see how things go the rest of today and tonight. As it is, I feel bad thinking about sending her less than 24 hours after stopping vomiting, kwim? But then I think, really, it's only the matter of not even 2 hours... but we'll see.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #19
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

this baby is active some days and not active others. It really stresses me out. Was hanging out with a preggo friend earlier and she was talking about the scares of listeria and lunchmeat and I had a lunchmeat sandwich (which I am paranoid about, but I always heat the lunchmeat, so really, there should be nothing to fear) and then I got a stomach issue and then baby hasn't been moving around this time of day like normal (I always notice cause DD is napping and I sit at the computer and usually baby dances around in there). So, I'm sorta freaking out right now.

why do these little babies do this to us? Freaking us out like this! Not nice! And then they come out and turn into 2 yo's who fight us because they don't know how much we love them and want to give them good things... and then eventually they'll be teenagers and we can only hope that when they turn 30 and have babies that they finally appreciate their parents! lol. I'm joking.. but I'm also serious.

babies need to be nicer to us from the get-go. Move around a lot, but not painfully. and give lots of cuddles every day when you come out.

glad your DD isn't vomiting anymore... I want to go ice fishing - fun! If she's fine for the rest of the day and the night, I'd probably let her go. Atleast she's old enough not to be sticking her hands and such in her mouth like a child, right? so, seems like kids are most contagious before they actually show symptoms anyways.

DH wasn't able to commiserate with me this morning about my stress regarding childcare because he was running late for work. I texted him a bit ago with an idea and he's taken the ball and is checking to see possibilities, so hopefully we'll have real answers soon. I mean, in an emergency situation, I have tons of wonderful friends who will watch her. but ideally, someone with no kids would come to our house and shower DD with attention.

I hate to say she's high maintenance.. but.... she sorta is. I imagine friends who have older kids would do well with her - but friends with babies who need their own constant attention would probably be very overwhelmed with her. She does not play on her own and she's too little to play with other children. Anyways.. hopefully this plan will pan out.

and here's hoping everyone will have DH's around to help for atleast a little while after babies are born! We haven't discussed the specifics this time around, but DH should get 10 days of paternity leave. We're military, so that counts the weekend days too... *eyeroll* Last time, he took off an entire month - technically he took off from work before I did - lol - my first day to miss work was the day DD was born. That was his 2nd day. but.. being as he was deploying last time, he wanted to spend as much time with her as possible before he left. So, I don't expect him to burn that much leave this time. Although I'd be all for it
Old 02-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #20
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
this baby is active some days and not active others. It really stresses me out. Was hanging out with a preggo friend earlier and she was talking about the scares of listeria and lunchmeat and I had a lunchmeat sandwich (which I am paranoid about, but I always heat the lunchmeat, so really, there should be nothing to fear) and then I got a stomach issue and then baby hasn't been moving around this time of day like normal (I always notice cause DD is napping and I sit at the computer and usually baby dances around in there). So, I'm sorta freaking out right now.

glad your DD isn't vomiting anymore... I want to go ice fishing - fun! If she's fine for the rest of the day and the night, I'd probably let her go. Atleast she's old enough not to be sticking her hands and such in her mouth like a child, right? so, seems like kids are most contagious before they actually show symptoms anyways.

DH wasn't able to commiserate with me this morning about my stress regarding childcare because he was running late for work. I texted him a bit ago with an idea and he's taken the ball and is checking to see possibilities, so hopefully we'll have real answers soon. I mean, in an emergency situation, I have tons of wonderful friends who will watch her. but ideally, someone with no kids would come to our house and shower DD with attention.
Baby will start moving a ton for ya real soon! I kwym, though - Hiccup still does his normal 3-4 very active days (ouch) and then 2 days or so of quieter movements. There were so many weeks there that I would feel nothing at all on the quiet days, which freaked me out every darn time. Now, though, I do feel his movements even on the quiet days, it's just not as much kung-fu and dancing, just normal stretching and rolling.

The only trouble with sending her tomorrow is that I worry she'll push herself and end up not feeling good again - and on Wednesday she has a really fun, special day trip with her teacher and 3 other kids - the school division gave the schools $$ to treat all the school patrol kids, which DD is one of. They're going to town for bowling, to an arcade, out for supper, and to a hockey game - so a very busy, full day!
But we'll see how she does through the night. Main thing with her is that she needs to get rehydrated - lots of gatorade! She has benign fainting spells (blood pressure issue) and gets dehydrated easily, which causes more troubles. Oy!
The one good thing about tomorrow would be that they'll be outside - so all bundled up, and out in the cold - which is a good thing when it comes to germs, lol.

So glad your DH has some ideas for child care as well and you guys are getting things figured out with that! I bet it'll make a big difference for you to have a plan set out.