Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #11
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peep_erz
I wouldn't hesitate to diaper a boy with a purple diaper. I am however trying to wrap my head around using the flowers and butterflies prints on a boy. I'm more than OK with putting a little girl in robots and airplanes but I can't really see myself doing the opposite with a boy. I feel so sexist. :S
I'm the same. When I learned DS's gender I was glad to plan for a boy b/c I felt like I could put a girl in boy stuff but not the other way around. Weird.

Advertisement

And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:00 AM   #12
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by peep_erz
I wouldn't hesitate to diaper a boy with a purple diaper. I am however trying to wrap my head around using the flowers and butterflies prints on a boy. I'm more than OK with putting a little girl in robots and airplanes but I can't really see myself doing the opposite with a boy. I feel so sexist. :S
If this baby is a boy he will have to wear the Girly diapers I have... I figure they will be covered up, serve their purpose, and if I wouldn't have bought them and baby turns out to be a girl I woulda been bummed to only have boy/GN type diapers.

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:20 AM   #13
PoshPants
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any mamas put purple diaper on boys?

purple is the colour of kings, pink used to be a boy colour. Both are 100% fine for boys, babies and men. Jcrew sells both colours for men, so why can't a baby who could care less wear it?
Old 02-05-2013, 04:47 AM   #14
MommyTephanie
Registered Users
seller

My first was a beautiful baby girl and we bought EVERYTHING pink... Diaper covers, butterfly papasan swing, you name it we had it in pink! We were excited and didn't care too much about what future babies would look like.

Now we have a baby boy and he is enormous so he didn't wear the newborn or smaller dipes too long and a lot of them were pinks and purples. He has outgrown almost all of the diapers I had for her and he's only 9 months now so as I buy bigger ones I get them in boyish colors when I can. I don't go crazy over it though. He rocks his pink and purple bumkins at daycare all the time and I put him in rainbow striped baby legs the other day and really got some looks! Lol...
MommyTephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:50 AM   #15
carriecook'n'sew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Most purples are gender neutral for sure

Source Specializing in Embroidered Wool & Clothing Sets!! Interlock & Upcycled
ETSY STORE
Bitty Fluff Congo Adorable Newborn Fluff!
carriecook'n'sew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:03 AM   #16
Talia01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My DH's favorite color is purple
Both of my boys rock purple & have worn pink.....I kinda think any color is gender neutral depending. A pink golf tee looks great on my toddler
Old 02-05-2013, 06:03 AM   #17
Teddyandnick
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't have any purple diapers, but my boys do have 2 zinnia flip covers. I also have two pairs of longies with purple. DS1 went through a Dora phase at 2 and all the Dora stuff was for girls, so he had a pink pair of Dora pajamas with butterflies and flowers. DH hated him wearing those. I didn't care. DS1 also has hot pink sheets for his bed that he picked out. And we are done having kids, so this is the only chance I get for girly stuff with 2 boys.

Last edited by Teddyandnick; 02-05-2013 at 06:04 AM.
Teddyandnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:16 AM   #18
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son wore the GroVia purple and maybe a few others. My husband doesn't care though. I just got him a hot pink trainer because it was a good deal. (i was actually still a little shocked that it was ok)
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:17 AM   #19
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My son wore zinnia and blossom cottonbabies diapers. They are just diapers afterall.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:33 AM   #20
Miss squish
Registered Users
seller

Yes. Not just diapers either. He doesn't wear pink or peach or pastel kind of colors because *I* don't like them but he's wears plenty of purple.