Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #11
tink90
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O Water Birthing Outfits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Decals View Post
I am waiting patiently for my water birth but won't be modest - I have a sports bra that fastens in the front and a sarong, the sarong will be tossed once I get in the tub.

BUT I have always wondered about the practicality of split-crotch panties for those who want to be "covered". I don't know that you can get much more "coverage" than that!

That made me giggle! Just the mental image of someone trying to give birth in a pair of lacy crotchless panties....

Advertisement

*.~.~.*Petalheads*.~.~.*
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1484149
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Petal...61515813886015

Last edited by tink90; 02-05-2013 at 11:36 PM.
tink90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #12
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am modest too, but honestly you can see to much "stuff" once in water...I am going to get a black sports bra stretchy cheapo one from wm and wear a tank over until i get in then i will prly take that and my jammie pants/unders off. We are having a Pro Photographer this time, and i dont want butt shots, but i dont want any fabric around my waist while in water...to distracting.

Here is me when i had dd in the water:
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #13
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am very modest also which is a major part of why I like water birth. The water really distorts sights, sounds, and emissions from down there. I wear a black (def not white!) tank for the water. When I get out I'm immediately stripped to get cold, wet clothes off. There's really no getting around this in my mind.

My (then) 12yo son was at my #5 birth and I felt very comfortable with him there and his father guiding him to hold the baby after the birth so I could get out, get checked, stripped, and redressed. To put this in perspective, my son has never seen me in less than shorts and a sleep tank top ( def not bra and panties) and I swim in a rash guard and capris swim pants.
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #14
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

^^ Gorgeous picture!
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #15
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Interesting replies! I just found out my midwife and hospital will start offering waterbirths in March, and I'm due in April! I like the idea of a sports bra, or would a cross over nursing bra work well too?
Old 02-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #16
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

just something to consider - I have heard that you don't want to get into the tub at the beginning of labor as the water could stall progression.. Ideally, you want to get in at around 5cm. so, that is technically before transition, but still quite a ways into labor.

just putting that out there
when I first started planning my water birth, I thought I'd jump in the tub first thing, but that does not seem to be the recommendation.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #17
tink90
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I totally agree bout everything feeling less exposed in the water.....

It's my avatar pic for right now, but here's us after little man was born....he's like a minute old here, lol

*.~.~.*Petalheads*.~.~.*
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1484149
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Petal...61515813886015
tink90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #18
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Always a bikini top when I get in the water. I get in the water when things get serious. Lol. And by then I don't want anything touching me!!!!!! I even swatted my husbands hand off my shoulder in an aggressive manner. Ha! Both water births- both with same top (I also found a basic solid color worked nice for pictures)
Old 02-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #19
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

black sportsbra and a big sign that says 'stop watching me, go watch TV or something'... seriously, I couldn't handle that many people around! I wanted to hit my midwife and hubby, luckily they were the only ones there!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #20
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
With my first baby, I labored in water for a while and just wore a comfy bra. With my second (and first actual water birth), I got a black maternity tankini top and wore it with a stretchy fabric skirt for most of labor, then took the skirt off when I was ready for the tub. With my third (another water birth), before I got in the tub I wore a sports bra with a t-shirt over the top and the same stretchy skirt. Then just the sports bra in the tub. With the big belly plus water you couldn't really see anything clearly down below.