Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #31
mamaspice
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrunchymama

Do you use Tide Free on everything- diapers too?

I do now- (actually I switched to Kirkland Ultra F&C which is Costco's version of Tide from what I've read and I've noticed no difference). I was using Rockin Greem detergent when she was younger and we had a top loader and softer water. Worked great on diapers but started getting spots on clothes. Then we moved and started getting stink and rashes in the diapers with the new FL. I tried a few other things but Tide F&C plus bleach in the diapers is the only thing that worked to get them clean with no rashies. Occasionally the night time diapers need an oxiclean soak to strip.

Works well on clothes too although with dd's clothes and mine I sometimes pretreat with Spray and Wash or so a prerinse/soak with oxy as we are generally covered with messy stuff!

I never imagined that my organic diapers would be touched by Tide, bleach or oxiclean, but you gotta do what you gotta do!

Advertisement

mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #32
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by somo_chickenlady
I get those sometimes, it is usually from food or something on my hands that I transfer to my clothes without knowing. Since your DH is a chef, this would be my guess. Put a drop of dish soap on each spot and scrub in with an old toothbrush, and they will come right out.
This. Dawn will get it out. Sometimes the stains are protein stains. Like from milk spilling and it looks like a grease stain. Just rub a little dawn on each spot, let it sit, rinse, and then wash

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Let's swag! SWAG friends!
wolffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #33
fullofheart
Registered Users
seller

Re: Why are there oil spots on all my clothes?

This happened to me once with my front loader and it made me crazy!!! I couldn't figure it out for the life of me what had left dark oil stains all over my diapers!!! Turns out it was from the drum of the front loader coming disconnected from the machine... Lesson learned, never buy a Maytag front loader. When the repair guy came to try and fix the airplane like noise that occurred every time I did a load he told me he couldn't count how many machines he'd seen do that... Oh, and to fix it would have been over 2 grand! Still grates me because the washer was less than 2 years old!
fullofheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #34
Alexismarie
Registered Users

My Mood:
Could it be lanolin? On a breast pad maybe?... Do you use softener on any washes? That use to happen sometimes when we'd use softener.
Alexismarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #35
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffie View Post
This. Dawn will get it out. Sometimes the stains are protein stains. Like from milk spilling and it looks like a grease stain. Just rub a little dawn on each spot, let it sit, rinse, and then wash

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I don't even rinse. I just scrub it in, then throw it in the washer. The tiny bit of dish soap that I use never bothers my machine.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #36
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

As I said earlier in the thread in a FLer it is most likely detergent. We used to have a tenant and a FLer we used different detergents and for some reason the detergents would react to each other and stain the clothes. I had the repair guy out ALL THE TIME because we bought a first generation FLer machine so our problem was pretty new. UNTIL a few months in when it started happening to LOTS of people - seriously just google it there are LOTS of people online who have the same issue. Once we bleached out the machine and ran a sani-wash with no clothes AND made the tenant use the same detergent as us we stopped having problems. It took us months to figure it out though with the repair guy coming all the time for almost a year! (The stupid store wouldn't take the machine back they just kept sending the tech until our warranty ran out.)
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #37
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom1mg View Post
As I said earlier in the thread in a FLer it is most likely detergent. We used to have a tenant and a FLer we used different detergents and for some reason the detergents would react to each other and stain the clothes. I had the repair guy out ALL THE TIME because we bought a first generation FLer machine so our problem was pretty new. UNTIL a few months in when it started happening to LOTS of people - seriously just google it there are LOTS of people online who have the same issue. Once we bleached out the machine and ran a sani-wash with no clothes AND made the tenant use the same detergent as us we stopped having problems. It took us months to figure it out though with the repair guy coming all the time for almost a year! (The stupid store wouldn't take the machine back they just kept sending the tech until our warranty ran out.)
I'm switching our detergent over to Tide and will use that exclusively from now on. Thanks so much for the help!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #38
Beesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaMal
I get stains on my shirts from breast milk, I swear i lactate butter
Me too!!! Drives me crazy.

Kate, mama to
Miles (2.11.06), Levi (6.24.09) and Isaac (9.25.11)
Beesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #39
CarrieMeredith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This happened to me when I was using a certain brand of dryer sheets. It was happening in the dryer--not the washer.
CarrieMeredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #40
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMeredith View Post
This happened to me when I was using a certain brand of dryer sheets. It was happening in the dryer--not the washer.
We don't use any fabric softener at all