Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #11
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: School Fundraiser - did I get ripped off?

I agree, talk to the school. It's ultimately their responsibility because the mother in charge was acting as an agent of the school. And they should have records of who bought what. I'd call her again, if she blows you off again then go to the principal. I'd also write a letter of complaint of how this is being handled and send it to the school board, mail it with signature confirmation.

I'd also let them know that you will not be supporting their fundraisers anymore because they clearly think it's okay to steal from you.

God bless.

Advertisement

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #12
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

OMG! This thread reminded me of a magazine I should have received ages ago. Little knuckleheads!
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #13
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildasMum
OMG! This thread reminded me of a magazine I should have received ages ago. Little knuckleheads!
The magazine ones take forever to start! Sometimes 3 months!
Old 02-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #14
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

We had the exact same thing happen, cookie dough and everything. Raise a stink.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #15
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am having the exact same issue. Bought a $9 thing from a girl down the street back in September...I asked after thanksgiving and was told she was going down to check with the school the next day.

Never heard back. And I really don't want to make a stink over a $9 coupon book...plus, they are scary and rarely home. Haha. I am just counting it as loss at this point. I gave cash, so I honestly wouldnt be surprised if they just pocketed the cash :/

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #16
Rockinmama24
Registered Users

My Mood:
The mom who ran it should have copies of the order forms. When I ran fundraisers, I kept the copies for 1 year in my possesion & then just kept a single spreadsheet with all the info for the PTA.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 02-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #17
daddyn4wisechix
Registered Users
Formerly: daddyn3wisechix
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaaag View Post
I would go to the school and demand a refund. Your check was cashed. I wouldn't care who held the fundraiser it was through the school and they should be held accountable. I can't believe she's telling you that because you weren't responsible to get the boys names you're out your money, sorry that doesn't fly with me.

Sent from my Smartphone using DS Forum
ITA! I would also get the NAME of the company because they should also know what happened in their name... I would think the company would also have a log of who ordered what... man, back in the day , when I sold anything there was ALWAYS a log that had the customers' names AND addresses.

Oh, & wouldn't someone notice that all of the products were not picked up?! SCAM!!
Old 02-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #18
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I think it is likely the cookie dough was mis delivered rather than a scam by kids or parents. Except I think all those school fundraisers are scams. Everything I have ever ordered from them except for the doughnuts wound up in the trash because they weren't worth the space they took up. I really hate being sold trash at inflated prices. I absolutely refuse to buy from school fundraisers. And as long as our school continues to push our kids to sell trash I refuse to donate to the school as well.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #19
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaaag
I would go to the school and demand a refund. Your check was cashed. I wouldn't care who held the fundraiser it was through the school and they should be held accountable. I can't believe she's telling you that because you weren't responsible to get the boys names you're out your money, sorry that doesn't fly with me.

Sent from my Smartphone using DS Forum
Me too. The forms are supposed to filled out with each purchasers full names, their addresses and check #. She can look into it and find out which kids sold to you.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #20
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thank you for the support! I feel awful complaining since I want to support the school and it really is a small amount, but the whole thing is really irritated, especially being blown off by the mom.

I called the school and the lady was really helpful and sounded understanding. She listed off 2 boys names and asked if it was them (I have no idea) which leads me to believe some of their orders had troubles. She's going to follow up and see if she can pinpoint our order since they have some of the vouchers are still there. Such a simple painless thing, you'd think the mom running the fundraiser would be responsible enough to handle it.

So hopefully they'll track down our voucher and restore my faith in my DDs potential elementary school. I will be very clear in expressing my displeasure in the mom's handling of the situation either way. Thank you for the ideas... I wasn't sure what to do. Someone else suggested filing a police report, but that seems a little overkill.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote