Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #21
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Has anyon here tried Choffy?

I will come back and inform you all of what I think after I do the tasting next week!

God bless!

Advertisement

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #22
kai_e
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I ordered a 12oz bag. I read quite a few reviews so I know it will not be like sweetened chocolate. I am curious about the difference in energy/how it feels: theobromine vs caffeine.
kai_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #23
squiddles
Registered Users
seller

Last edited by squiddles; 02-15-2013 at 05:14 PM.
squiddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #24
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

I don't have a french press. I am not sure I want to get one just for this. :/
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #25
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

One of my friends from college posted about this on Facebook. She said it was awful and very bitter.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #26
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai_e View Post
I ordered a 12oz bag. I read quite a few reviews so I know it will not be like sweetened chocolate. I am curious about the difference in energy/how it feels: theobromine vs caffeine.
Tell me how you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syfitz View Post
One of my friends from college posted about this on Facebook. She said it was awful and very bitter.
Yes, I've been told it's somewhat bitter if you don't add any sweetener and/or creamer to it. Can't wait to try it though.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Old 02-06-2013, 04:36 AM   #27
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiddles View Post
did I misread? five minutes is too long? that seems normal to me... even running the coffee maker takes about that long...
Yes for me too long It's why I prefer espresso
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #28
kai_e
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I got mine last week and tested it out along with a few co-workers. We used a french press, followed the instructions and let it steep for about 7 minutes.

It was actually sweeter than I thought it would be. I thought it was good although with the amount you have to use vs output, seems a little expensive. One person thought it was too weak and the other person hated the taste.

So a 3 way split: 1 like, 1 hate, 1 indifferent.
kai_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #29
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So I tried all three flavors yesterday and ended up buying one bag of IC Dark and one bag of the La Espanola were the two that I liked. The first one was good too, I liked it until I tried the other two.

Ok so here is my review. It is not as strong or heavy as coffee, it's more like a chocolate tea. It's a little bitter if you drink it black (just like coffee would be). When I tried it, Tanessa (the distributor) brought vanilla creamer and sugar. It was good with a splash of the vanilla creamer.

At home I made it with a splash of half and half and a little bit of sugar and liked it. This morning I mixed 1/2 Choffy with 1/2 coffee grounds, and then added a little heavy cream and sugar. It did give me an energy lift without the hyperness that 16oz of coffee would normally give me (talking about my half mixture).

When I mixed it with my coffee, it did taste quite a bit like a mocha, but with more control over the sweetness.

So overall, will definitely be buying more.

Also, Coffee is SOOOO MUCH BETTER in the french press. I've been pouring my water over the grounds and letting them soak (like using a french press) and then just pouring through my mesh filter. I hadn't used my coffee pot in over a week. So having the french press now has really made my coffee prep easier.

I really don't find that I have to be any more patient when using the french press than when I used the coffee pot. I microwave the water for a couple of minutes then pour over the grounds and let set for about 4 minutes. I'm going to be getting an electric kettle soon so that I can get a larger amount of water hot to make it easier for me and DH to have coffee at the same time.

So.. that's my review. It's good wit ha little milk and a little sugar and I LOVE my french press!

God bless!