Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 10:35 PM   #11
MyLovely
Registered Users

Re: how much sleep?

I always aim for 8.5, though it's never straight through. On the rare chance I do sleep that long, my back hurts from not moving

I have a great immune system overall, but a lack of sleep several days in a row just destroys it. If I can get a nap in after a night of not enough sleep, I'm fine.

I'm a grandma though. I was that kid who hated sleepovers at other peoples houses because I never slept well. I was that high schooler who went to bed at 10 pm on a Friday. I was that college student who, never once, pulled an all-nighter (or anything close to it). Now, I'm the lady who thinks a great Friday night is cuddling on a couch with some cocoa, hitting the hay early and getting 10 hours of sleep

Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 12:00 AM   #12
Pengwins
Registered Users

My Mood:
My baby is still waking every 3hrs to nurse so I try to be in bed by 11 and we are up for the day at 8/9, which is 9-10hrs.
Pengwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:08 AM   #13
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

probably 7 most nights. My oldest 3 kids are SOOOO loud when they get up though, that they often wake me up earlier. They can get a bowl of cereal themselves if they want to be up at 6am but sheesh they seem to need to have a top volume conversation every morning in our little house! The mommy ears never really turn off, I'm afraid.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:12 AM   #14
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Not enough. My lo goes to sleep around 11pm. Wakes at 2 am. He is back to sleep around 7:30-8 am. I go back to sleep wih him but often get woke up with phone calls 2-3 times an hour. One day I counted 6 phone calls an hour. The telemarketers then wonder why I am rude to them. I then get up around 1-2pm. So a total of 10 hours by the clock. Actual time spent sleeping however is much less. Then I am woke up and must do something before resuming sleep.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:17 AM   #15
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:

Not enough. I have insomnia and my kids are all in bed by 7pm. I don't go to bed until 12 most nights, but I don't sleep. Up at 7 am. It should be enough but it isn't.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:49 AM   #16
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by willownz
Not enough. I have insomnia and my kids are all in bed by 7pm. I don't go to bed until 12 most nights, but I don't sleep. Up at 7 am. It should be enough but it isn't.
This! How do u knowing you have insomnia? I think I do
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:00 AM   #17
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B View Post
This! How do u knowing you have insomnia? I think I do
I know because I can't sleep and there is nothing but me keeping me awake. I am also suffering from depression, on meds and in counselling. But I did lose my baby 3 weeks ago.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:24 AM   #18
Mom23kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have no regular schedule and it is killing me. I work night shift and after doing it 3-4 nights in a row it's hard to get back onto a normal schedule on my days off: I sleep best on the weekends when I have to work, though. I can get 7-9 solid hours. During the week when I'm off I have bouts of insomnia (like right now) and don't sleep more than 4-6 hours. I wish I could get off night shift, but it just wouldn't work right now.
Mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:30 AM   #19
aaiya
Registered Users
seller

For the last month or so...probably about 8 hours all-told. BUT it's very broken (non-restorative sleep)...and that's with me going to bed at 8 or 9, then waking up at 2 or 3 or 4 and not being able to sleep for a few hours, then dozing until little people start crawling into bed with me at 7 or 8 or so. I'm also pregnant and we've all been sick since just after Christmas with the flu and now with a bad cold. Between the little ones waking up and my own night-waking to pee, cough, blow my nose, get a drink, etc it has NOT been pretty in sleepville. (DH is awesome getting up and taking care of our kids, I'm just a really light sleeper when I'm pregnant or nursing--even when not sick)
Old 02-06-2013, 03:31 AM   #20
aaiya
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by willownz View Post
I know because I can't sleep and there is nothing but me keeping me awake. I am also suffering from depression, on meds and in counselling. But I did lose my baby 3 weeks ago.
Hope you feel better (and sleepier) soon.