Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 03:10 AM   #21
MarieSeeking
Registered Users
seller

I know a TON of people that LOVE LOVE their Shark Navigator. Some of these people are former Dyson people. It's a much better price.

Advertisement

MarieSeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:27 AM   #22
knodceo
Registered Users
seller

Our dyson lasted 10

Just replaced with a new dyson.
knodceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:52 AM   #23
ProudCoastieWife
Registered Users
Formerly: GrimLife
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help! Our vacuum is dead :(

I've had my dyson since before marriage. I'd say at least 7 years now and I absolutely love it! It has never let me down, it broke once and cost me a whole 10 dollars to fix! I love dysons so much that for christmas my husband got me the Dyson Digital Slim animal to help me keep up with those awesome wood floors! LOL I'm sure there are really good vacuums for less, but I am just partial to Dysons!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:30 AM   #24
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

Our first dyson lasted about 10 years with daily vacuuming. It recently stopped working but dh discovered that we only had to replace the brush component. It was an easy cheap fix. We still ended up buying a second dyson to use downstairs in our main living area and it gets used daily. We moved the older vacuum upstairs to have for occasional use.
Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Let's swag! SWAG friends!
wolffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #25
shweebies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My high $ vaccum died 4 years ago. I was/am too cheap to buy a dyson so I went the used route. I found a used Kirby online for $20. That things weighs a bloody ton, it gives you a workout when you vacuum but it is a sucking machine. About a year after I bought that I ended up at an estate sale. There was an elecotrolux cannister vacuum from the 70s for $7. I bought it in case one goes down. I love them both. We have dogs and cats and live on a gravel road, so we have plenty of dust and hair.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #26
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shweebies View Post
My high $ vaccum died 4 years ago. I was/am too cheap to buy a dyson so I went the used route. I found a used Kirby online for $20. That things weighs a bloody ton, it gives you a workout when you vacuum but it is a sucking machine. About a year after I bought that I ended up at an estate sale. There was an elecotrolux cannister vacuum from the 70s for $7. I bought it in case one goes down. I love them both. We have dogs and cats and live on a gravel road, so we have plenty of dust and hair.
I looooove my mom's kirbys.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #27
babynme8
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieSeeking View Post
I know a TON of people that LOVE LOVE their Shark Navigator. Some of these people are former Dyson people. It's a much better price.
This my friend owns a Dyson but she likes my Shark Navigator just as much and said that's what she'll replace it with when/if her Dyson dies
babynme8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #28
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

I owned a dyson and it was AWFUL. It was the smaller version of the Dyson ball and the plastic construction was just really cheap. I truly do not understand the huge following of Dyson fans, I've tried them at other people's houses as well and never felt like they seemed "quality" or worked well. Plus they are huge and heavy. I spent the same amount of money that I would have spent on a Dyson when our old one died and bought a Miele canister on Amazon. They are incredibly great German quality, work wonderfully and will last many, many years. Plus it is really lightweight and much easier to maneuver than that clunky Dyson ever was. Totally worth EVERY penny, I actually enjoy vaccuming because it is so nice

In my personal circle of family and friends I haven't known anyone that has their Dyson last more than 3-5 years. It sounds like their are other very similar but less expensive options like the Shark Navigator you could go with if you are really sold on an upright.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #29
bradcher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Target had hoover windtunels "pet" on clearence in my area $135 from $175 i think. They had a pet hair attachment. No idea how good they are. Not a great clearence price but our target always marks down clearence prices even lower - i'll check back in a week.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #30
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieSeeking View Post
that. be. me