Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
mkrisel
Registered Users

Rash

DD is 3 years old and only wears diapers while sleeping. She PTed at 2 because she was getting horrible, blistering rashes in reaction to her poop that required oral antibiotics. We started using pull ups at night because I didn't want to wash such a small load of diapers. Now we have a new one, so we're washing diapers again. We are doing Bumgenious with hemp and microfiber inserts for nights. She's a heavy wetter and only pees while sleeping. It's been almost a month. She woke up this morning with blisters on her bottom this morning. Any suggestions before we go back to pull ups? I really would prefer cloth, but blisters are not okay. We also have prefolds and covers that would fit her, but she doesn't like the bulk between her legs.

Advertisement

mkrisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
tomandkara
Registered Users
seller

Re: Rash

Are you putting the microfiber farthest from her skin? Maybe she's super sensitive to it?

I don't use those dipes so I'm not sure what kind they are but maybe a fitted-type with a fleece or wool cover would work better for her so the moisture wicks out of the diaper?
Find me on facebook and Hyena Cart to see my custom-dyed wool interlock, hybrid fitted diapers, and children's clothes! I stock Thursdays at 9:00 p.m. EST!
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Rash

why kind of blisters? I really love Grapefruit seed Extract to help with rashes. I used just GSE with distilled water in wipes solution. You also use used it in a oil (coconut oil, sunflower oil, extra virgin olive oil) and use it on the bum before bed everynight.

10-20 drops of GSE per oz.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote