Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 07:03 AM   #11
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
I have a sprayer and I just give it a spray and then into the pail. With diarrhea you can just throw in the wash and do an extra pre rinse. We don't switch to disposables.

Advertisement

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:18 AM   #12
elmojr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: diarrhea in cloth?

If you use disposables the mess would have been in the diaper, up the back, and possibly down the legs. I just have a diaper sprayer and rinse it out or rinse it out in the sink if somewhere that doesn't have a diaper sprayer. Never switch to disposables due to diarrhea, because you'll just have to wash out the clothes or throw the whole mess away depending on how you feel in general about poop.
elmojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:24 AM   #13
mommy2sammy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Depending on the age, we switch to sposies. My 2 year old, definitely. I don't want to risk getting the virus by putting my hands all up in it trying to swish. We started with this yesterday. After the second super crazy bm, I realized something was up and made the switch!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:35 AM   #14
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We don't use disposables. I think, based on DDing my older ones, that there is a much worse chance of diarrhea poopsplosions in disposables than in cloth.

N and I have had stomach bugs this week and he's had diarrhea on and off since Sunday...whenever he poops it's been diarrhea, not that he's necessarily pooping more often. I treat a diarrhea diaper like a normal poop diaper, if I happen to use a liner great, if not it gets sprayed off and tossed in the laundry bag. If I think about it beforehand I may put a liner in but usually I don't. I have both disposable liners and reusable microfleece liners. On the rare occasion I have just not wanted to deal with the poop I've thrown the microfleece liners in the trash.

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #15
PurpleFluff
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@hmommy
I will be the first to say, diarrhea = sposies in my house. I use pampers the sams club brand diaper and have never had a poopy leak.
Same here. Luckily it is very rare for us.
PurpleFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #16
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Ill just mention, I've never had a sposie leak and my oldest two weren't cd'd ever. The only tune we've ever had poo come out is if they're sitting in a chair- carseat, Highchair, stroller, carrier. Sposie or cd, its never mattered.

Hope your lo gets over it quick! Do whatever is easier on you.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #17
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

We do disposables when it's really bad, and will use a cover at nap/bedtime to help hold in leaks. In my experience, CDs really don't do a better job of containing it than disposables do.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #18
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

I have found that disposables are a little more prown to blow outs, but honestly in an illness situation it hasn't made a huge difference. In the past we have just used our cloth and not worried about it. I don't have a sprayer now and we can't use bleach because of our well water, so if in doubt of whether it is something may be a true contagion we go with the disposables. My little guy is battling some gut health issues right now that really would require bleach to keep using cloth so he's in disposables until he's better. I am looking forward to him being healthy again so we can go back to cloth

Last edited by FernHollow; 02-06-2013 at 12:59 PM.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #19
seacat
Registered Users
seller

We just got over a tummy virus for both boys. I don't have a sprayer and haven't needed one. I throw the offending diaper in the toilet let it sit for a bit swish and throw it in the wash with a little bleach. No biggie. We've never "needed" disposibles in three years. I actually think that the CDs probably do a better job of holding it all in. Good luck!

BTW and this is a giant overshare, but if anyone should be wearing paper pants while they are dealing with a tummy virus its adults. My poor husband wound up with the plague and dear lord . We washed his boxers with the diapers.

Last edited by seacat; 02-06-2013 at 01:07 PM.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote