Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #11
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: 35 wks and losing plug. yikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar View Post
Well, in that scenario, and since you wrote this five mins ago, I will assume the baby is crowning right now.

So, when you are done giving birth, hop on Amazon and order a carseat with two day shipping, delivered to your neighbor or parents if they are nearby, or send your DH to babies r us. You should have one by the time you leave the hospital.
LOL you are too funny!!!

Advertisement

Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #12
Belbaby3728
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post

what if.... hypothetically speaking, of course.... a lady was 35 wks pregnant WITHOUT an infant carseat?

uh oh. I'm on so much trouble.

This baby won't come early. Watch. I'll be pregnant till 43.5 wks.
This totally happened to me! We had nothing ready, no carseat yet, no hospital bag packed yet, Christmas morning 35 weeks and water breaks! My baby shower was to be 3 days later! Yea it was a bit stressful but we managed

Hope your bubs stays put!
Belbaby3728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #13
Kiliki
Registered Users
seller

Ugh. more contrax today. More plug. :/

Guess I'll go order that carseat now.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #14
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Hugs!!! Take it easy....like bedrest easy and drink some water. Fx baby stays put!!
Old 02-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #15
Kiliki
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Hugs!!! Take it easy....like bedrest easy and drink some water. Fx baby stays put!!
thanks! I am trying. I have 3 kids, and I can't stand a mess, so it's very hard. But I am trying.

I'm def not dehydrated.

I have no idea what this is.

It is so out of character for my body. My last 3 pregnancies were pretty much without any issues at all. I don't get it. I know it could be nothing. But it's annoying and a tad scary
Old 02-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #16
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd be worried also! When I was having contractions at 37 weeks in my second pregnancy (due to a stomach virus, I'm sure), I drank some rum. Just 1/2 a shot about 1 hour apart, but it helped me. In Spritual Midwifery half of the birth stories are "I started feeling contractions so I got drunk"....lol. I don't recommend that, but a little bit of something might help calm contractions. Losing the plug would worry me more, and I don't know that there's anything you can do about that.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #17
Kiliki
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
I'd be worried also! When I was having contractions at 37 weeks in my second pregnancy (due to a stomach virus, I'm sure), I drank some rum. Just 1/2 a shot about 1 hour apart, but it helped me. In Spritual Midwifery half of the birth stories are "I started feeling contractions so I got drunk"....lol. I don't recommend that, but a little bit of something might help calm contractions. Losing the plug would worry me more, and I don't know that there's anything you can do about that.
Thank you! I appreciate your input!!

The only pregnancy where I had some early contractions was my 2nd. But I was, like 30 wks (IIRC - it was still early), and they were just painful BH contrax, no discharge or other changes. I also gained WAY TOO MUCH weight, (like 60+ lbs!) and my poor body was so stressed from that (this time I've only gained about 30 so far).... and my MW rec'd that I have a drink and relax. It DID help me.

I am not opposed to one drink here and there in pregnancy, I guess I just hadn't thought of it....

I will try a wine cooler tonight after the kids go to bed.

I feel pretty tired and raggedy right now. I did try to lay down, and I managed to "rest" (while my 22 m/o napped, and my 6 y/o and 4 y/o played a LOUD game of legos) for about 45 mins. I drank a BIG glass of water - probably at least 16 oz - which is a lot for me to fit in my preggo belly! - and I did have 2 contractions while I was laying down.

I feel like a ran a marathon. But I haven't done much today, really.

Maybe I'm getting sick or something??
Old 02-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #18
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

lol to this entire thread!
FWIW, I didnt go into labor with DS UNTIL I had my midwife-recommended glass of wine to relax me lol! FX baby stays in and bakes a bit longer! :-)
Old 02-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #19
Kiliki
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb2j View Post
FWIW, I didnt go into labor with DS UNTIL I had my midwife-recommended glass of wine to relax me lol! FX baby stays in and bakes a bit longer! :-)
oh no

LOL
Old 02-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #20
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amb2j View Post
Lol. On my due date with dd, my friend sent me home with wine....i had two normal servings and had her the next day