Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #91
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: February Use Your Stash Chatter thread

Last thing for the night. Whipped it up pretty fast. Wasn't on the list of things I want to make this week...but I found the material and wanted to try it

Made cheeky (dd) a super hero cape using the last of the yard of that elephant fabric (It was her choice from Joann's). I didn't use a tutorial or anything, just cut and sewed...yay! I am so happy with it. I wish the back wasn't purple so I could make one for ds1!! (ds2 got a really nice on from etsy for Christmas)

Advertisement

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #92
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyLyssa View Post
Hey, if you ladies tell me what you made, I can totally tally points up For this month, we have two adults in the house and my husband is really good about being useful

Here is the major flaw...I accidentally stitched over it a little, so there is an overlap. But, it was after I redid this same tier THREE times. First time I stitched it wrong side on right...next time I sewed it wrong on wrong, but so that the fraying was facing outside. Then I had to recut and re-hem and re gather and add the new one...so this minor flaw is just going to stay.
Aww thanks! That is so nice of you to offer! I will probably just suck it up and do it. The main reason I don't want to is because I have to do everything on my phone, and it is a pain in the butt. However, our computer should be fixed next week so I will just go ahead and wait until then and do it. You are so nice! Thanks!

Fixed my curtains. I didn't take a before picture, but it was one way too long blue curtain (middle) and one way too short red curtain.
I found the black curtain in my linen closet, added a panel to the red and black curtains, and hemmed the blue curtain. It looks so much better now!

Attachment 133187

I know it doesn't match great, but I was determined not to buy any fabric and this was the best I could come up with. I am so proud! This is the first time I have had to measure my seam allowances lol

Your skirt looks great btw!

Last edited by adjroberts; 05-13-2013 at 04:31 PM.
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:25 AM   #93
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Such beautiful things mamas!

I've been sewing but haven't finished anything yet...this rug is taking FOREVER
Old 02-06-2013, 07:33 AM   #94
MamaDawn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love that skirt! It's so adorable!

I've been knitting some but not finished anything. For things we are writing the pattern, we add the points when we finish it right?

Hand Painted yarn by Fairy Tale Knits

Direct link to my current colorways
MamaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #95
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaDawn View Post
I love that skirt! It's so adorable!

I've been knitting some but not finished anything. For things we are writing the pattern, we add the points when we finish it right?
It was in the rules but I went to an old game when I copy and pasted. I added that in. +1 for creating a pattern. (I know that doesn't really account for the time spent fiddling and getting a pattern right. But that is per item. I actually liked that in the points because I'm often crazy and make my own patterns. )

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #96
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am assuming that making inserts do not count for making something for someone you love, even if they are for your kid, right? Because it has the +2 for a diaper related item? Also, I only get the bonus once, even if I make 4 inserts, right?

(by the way, I didn't know you could make inserts out of flannel!!!!! I bought diapers and none had inserts and wasn't sure what to do...You can stack flannel and they work...who knew?!?!)

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
Old 02-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #97
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I am assuming that making inserts do not count for making something for someone you love, even if they are for your kid, right? Because it has the +2 for a diaper related item? Also, I only get the bonus once, even if I make 4 inserts, right?

(by the way, I didn't know you could make inserts out of flannel!!!!! I bought diapers and none had inserts and wasn't sure what to do...You can stack flannel and they work...who knew?!?!)
4 soakers/doublers= 1 FO So 4 finished inserts only count as 1 finished item.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #98
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok, so if I used 3 3/4 yard of flannel for inserts it would be 33 points? (30 for fabric, 2 for diaper item, and 1 for recycled?

Old 02-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #99
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Ok, so if I used 3 3/4 yard of flannel for inserts it would be 33 points? (30 for fabric, 2 for diaper item, and 1 for recycled?
You don't get yardage points for anything recycled.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #100
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok, then just 3 and a 1/4 yard will be added. ( used half a receiving blanket for some of the layers).

Sorry!