Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #21
workingdiaperingmom
Registered Users

Re: Help! Microfleece repelling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothergooseofthree View Post
Are you just putting water on the fleece to test them?
After stripping them, yes, I just put water on the fleece to see what would happen.

I read somewhere that I have to actually put pressure on microfleece in order to accurately test it. So I'm going to put the diaper on my baby to see what happens. Hopefully it actually stripped and all will be good!

Advertisement

workingdiaperingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #22
workingdiaperingmom
Registered Users

Well, I finally put the diaper on baby and no leaks! I stuffed the diaper up quite a bit to make sure that there was enough pressure for the diaper to work properly. When I took the diaper off, the front of the inserts were wet like they were supposed to be. Now I wonder if I have to double stuff all the time in order for these diapers to work. I guess this would ensure that they don't leak, but at the same time, it makes for a bulkier-than-I-would-like diaper.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #23
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't like the dawn method personally. I use biokleen oxygen bleach and I feel that that gets it all out.

If I feel like "Striping" a little I use 1oz scoop in the warm prerinse. I use rockin green in the main wash, with an extra cold rinse. Otherwise I use both in the main wash and do an extra warm rinse at the end.

Try using a warm rinse to start. There was some great articles on this site a little bit ago saying why it was better to rinse on warm. It convinced me.

Also it could be too much detergent? You aren't suppose to use much RnG at all but it all depends on FL/TL, water hardness, and load size. Might want to reevaluate that or try a different detergent.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 02-06-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #24
workingdiaperingmom
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
I don't like the dawn method personally. I use biokleen oxygen bleach and I feel that that gets it all out.

If I feel like "Striping" a little I use 1oz scoop in the warm prerinse. I use rockin green in the main wash, with an extra cold rinse. Otherwise I use both in the main wash and do an extra warm rinse at the end.

Try using a warm rinse to start. There was some great articles on this site a little bit ago saying why it was better to rinse on warm. It convinced me.

Also it could be too much detergent? You aren't suppose to use much RnG at all but it all depends on FL/TL, water hardness, and load size. Might want to reevaluate that or try a different detergent.
Thank you for the advice! I will see if the warm pre-rinse in the beginning will help. I'll also see if I can get some Biokleen Oxygen bleach.

I have a HE FL, and when I tested my water, it looked like I had to use classic rock. So I use 2tsp or so (definitely less than 1tbsp) of RnG for my load of 12 to 15 dirty diapers.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #25
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

I was wondering how things were going for you. Glad it worked better. I never had to worry about stuffing my GADs full. I just made sure to use a cotton doubler on top of my hemp insert.