Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #51
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 3rd - 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

Meant to ask you - when your DH comes home, what will he be doing at home? Is he totally off, like vacation time, or is he still having to work and stuff? I assume the latter, otherwise he would just stay with you guys there?
He gets 14 days of R&R which have to be spent in the local area (which I am not in...) so he's taking the time in Illinois with us, but will get charged vacation days. He'll go back to his unit in Alabama after that until my 38th-ish week and take vacation until the baby is born. Then he gets 10 days paternity leave which can be spent up here. It's all kind of silly to me how he has to take the leave because as military he is "always on duty" and has to be in the local area whenever he is not on leave. On the upside he gets 30 days of leave a year so there's really no complaining. We are also lucky that he's being reassigned in 3ish months so they can be much more flexible with when he leaves and how much time he takes off.

Glad your DD is sick. And also that none of the other kids caught it! (knocking on wood)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
I had my 28 weeks appointment today with my midwife, I passed the GD test and we talked about her not being as active. She wants me to do kick counts, she said after eating lay on my side and I need to feel 10 kicks in 2 hours.
She's also measuring 3 weeks ahead so she's sending me for another u/s in a couple weeks. Last appointment she measured 2 weeks ahead. I haven't gained any weight yet this pregnancy so I think she was surprised!
The good news is that she told me starting in March they'll be offering water births! So I'm excited to do some research on that! I didn't get any pain meds with DS, but the idea of trying water to see if it helps with the pain is nice
Hopefully those kick counts turn out good. That's awesome about the water tub! It's not something I necessarily looked for, but I would love to try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
AFM: not a lot to report. I hate to jump the gun and say that our childcare issue is resolved, but it's looking very very good. DH asked someone he works with that is single and lives on base - she's willing, so now he just has to clear it with his chief, which he says is a done deal, but until he actually has the conversation with him, I'm not calling it done. But, she came over to help with our cats when we went to Texas and was very sweet with Magnolia, so I'm hoping it works out. We'll pretty much be FORCED to have a date night to give them a trial run of hanging out together...

so, big sighs all around.
Glad all that child care stuff worked out for you. I meant to mention that she will probably surprise you with how well she does. Every time I have though DS would give me trouble about being left with someone he does great. Even with things like going to sleep without me. DS is a very high needs child with me, but when other people have him they don't see any of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelle View Post

Has anyone else given up on shaving? lol...I am down to once a week, and make an effort before my midwife appt (just in case), but it is getting really tough! I just can't bend that way anymore.

Also, my braxton hicks are really picking up. And while I have a few here and there throughout the day, they always really pick up @ 6:30 pm...weird.
Wonder if I will have an evening baby.
I haven't given up quite yet... but I am not an every day shaver... I was raised to take quick showers (every couple of days during the winter), wash my hair once a week, shave once a week. My dad is very big on water conservation and we didn't have baths. I honestly won't mind when I can use the excuse that baby is in the way though. I hate shaving!

That would be so funny if the baby came at 6:30! You'll have to point it out to us if baby really does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post

My Braxton hicks are hurting more and more and I feel like back has dropped at times. It's getting sooo close!!!!

I haven't started nesting, part of me wants to but the other part has no time and knows the projects that lay ahead

Between homeschooling, gymnastics, house maintaining and cooking my days go so fast

I have horrible insomnia. I'm up at least 2-3 hrs during the night, hate it

My eczema/ gluten rash is in a total flare. I am out of steroid cream which means I have toile an apt with the dr, which I hate but I need to cream.

I have 2 teeth pulled yesterday and that totally sucked. The Novocain without epinephrine doesn't work well or as long. I felt it all!!!!

My kids were sick for a whole week. 105 fevers and everything. I am crossing my fingers i don't get it!!!
OWWW! and yuck! Hope a new page is turning for you. Sheesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post

I see my mw thursday.....my first two week visit. I dont like that i have to pay her again:P 32weeks tomorrow!!

Today my ds turned 5yo. I cant believe it. We had a fun filled, spoiled rotten day

Did i miss anything?? I hate that i cant keep up with everyone
Happy Birthday to your DS! What a big milestone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post
my youngest turns 2 March 19!!! i cant believe how fast everything is going. i mean its like 2 weeks later is my technical due date the 12th but according my calculations im due the 7th. 32 weeks next friday which means i start my EPO! i just have get to a store that carries it!!!!
Slightly off topic, but someone pinned on pinterest that EPO taken every day helped keep your skin look young? Why do pregnant woman take it?

Quote:

AFM: I absolutely need to get to town sometime to get stuff for Elliana's birthday tomorrow. I want to make cupcakes (all the kids have cupcakes for dessert on their actual birthday, then a party whenever), and I want to have tulips (our remembrance flower for Elli) and a balloon. Just need to get there.
Unfortunately, it's really snowing outside. Much worse than they called for. So hopefully it'll stop and the roads will be decent enough for me to get there tonight after DH gets home.

To pass the time till then I'm going to get some valentine's stuff online and print them off to make some decorations with Levi.
It's kinda funny, when Elli's birthday falls - DS1 is Oct 16th and we have to wait until after his birthday & party to decorate for Halloween, then DD is Nov 9th and we have to both get everything down from Oct and wait to put any Christmas stuff up until her stuff is done. But valentine's decorations are pink and hearts... and that's really perfect for Elli's day
What a great way to remember and celebrate Elli's day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
I just ordered our new stroller, a baby trend sit n stand. We have looked at so many, and this one fir our needs best. The storage in the fancy city strollers and price for add ons (infant seat, snack trays, parent tray, etc) was just totally ridiculous. We have literally looked at every double and sit n stand out there lol and love this one.
I love my baby trend "jogger"! It feels really well made and solid. I still might see if I can find a used sit and stand... I almost went the city route and just couldn't click the button. I just don't know what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post
AFM: My Dr. appt was fine. Just the twin factor; had to see the dr. but it made my day miserable. She's telling me to get 4 hours of rest, but can only see me during my rest time. I was gone the entire day until after 5, and I think I'm still recovering (not all due to appt of course, but homeschool group, ballet, etc.) My finger prick test was fine, so she's happy about that. Just need to eat and rest more, lol. I was debating going on a short girl's trip a couple hours away, but she really didn't like that idea. She asked if there was a nicu close by, and then said they could always life flight me. Not so encouraging! I think I'll just stay home! I think I ate something bad; hopefully it's just psychological. I'm good at freaking myself out, lol.
In awesome news, my SIL spent all weekend making freezer meals for us I'm so happy to have food, although it's weird to use it before the baby. Usually I do that for after, but I know I need it now! It'll be nice to eat some real food!
Oh man! How frustrating. Of course, her concern is only for the best for the babies, but way to scare you and bring you down. And what a great SIL!

AFM: I have re-found my hospital! I am super excited about this one. Speaking of which, I have to get my butt up and ready for my OB appt in an hour... woops.

I am back at my mom's which is nice. Taking care of a 3 year old, dog, and a house by myself was getting old. Especially since DS was sick the whole time and there was a good half foot or more of snow on the ground. It just kept snowing which made it hard to do anywhere.

Advertisement

RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #52
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I roll back and forth all night too. I don't know how DH sleeps through it. It doesn't seem to phase him a bit. I feel like a whale out of water flopping around though! My hips don't hurt as much as my shoulders; they are killing me! And of course the trips to the bathroom... need to move our toddler out of our closet so I can use my bathroom without worrying about waking her up. The one I use is much farther away.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #53
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm gonna be a quoter today :P

Quote:
How is everyone sleeping? (or not )
I am up usually twice to pee, and I feel like I spend the night rolling back and forth. We got a memory foam pad for our bed so my hips haven't been hurting, but I just wake up so much!
like CRAP! lol.
usually, I get one crappy night, then one good night. Well, I got like 3 good nights in a row, so I guess it only makes sense that I've gotten 2 crappy nights in a row. Last night I just randomly itched. My leg, my arm, my shoulder, my back.. it was sorta funny, because I told myself to practice my hypnobirthing (I'm not really doing hypnobirthing, just trying to use the breathing exercises) 'sleep breathing' and I was like 'ugh, I can't do that, I can't concentrate on anything except itching!' and then I was like 'um.. if you can't do the breathing while itching, exactly how do you expect to survive labor???' catch22.. guess I better start practicing for real.

Quote:
My MIL emailed me last night that DH was 9lbs 15oz, and I was 9lbs 6oz, so theres a good chance we will just have big babies and I know that these measurements are often wrong.
okay, so DH was an 11lb baby. 10lbs and some ounces or 11lbs and some ounces.. I can never quite remember. He was huge and went home in like 3month clothing. I, on the other hand was a 5lb + ounces baby (and I was a few days late) and an extremely small child. His cousin has a boy and a girl and his girl was tiny and his boy was big. So... of course, we expected that it would be similar. Especially when the MW kept saying my baby was small. She measured 2 weeks behind..... she was 7lbs, 9oz. completely normal sized. Once she was out of me, she exploded and has been a 99th percentile child ever since - taking after DH.

but I've always been worried that I will actually have a DH-sized baby. but I dunno.. I think, in most cases, your body just grows whatever you can handle. or something. DD certainly had the potential to be huge in utero. but somehow she stayed small. And she broke her waters on her EDD, so not early or anything.

that's my version of encouragement hope it helps!

Quote:
In awesome news, my SIL spent all weekend making freezer meals for us I'm so happy to have food, although it's weird to use it before the baby. Usually I do that for after, but I know I need it now! It'll be nice to eat some real food!
that IS awesome news! I need that now too! I hate cooking now. but once baby is here, DH is capable and can cook :P

I've got a couple friends expecting before me, so I am planning on making something for them when they have their babies and doubling it and throwing the double in the freezer for us. So, we should have atleast 2 freezer meals lol . I really WANT to make freezer meals.. but right now, I'm just working on eating the stuff that's in my freezer in order to have space for freezer meals.

AFM... well.. I wasn't planning on starting this early.. but, got DD a couple more diapers the other day and they came in and needed prepping.. so.... decided to start prepping the newborn diapers yay! wash 1 is done (so covers are done) and the inserts just need 3-4 more washes. So, that's exciting to me

I'll probably go ahead and wash the baby's clothes just to make another wash.. I guess it's not too early to start, it just feels early. If I take the time to wash the baby clothes, I will probably need to set aside what we're taking to the hospital and then I'll be like 'I might as well pack my hospital bag' and 31-32 weeks seems a little early to do that. I guess it's not, though
Old 02-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #54
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
I roll back and forth all night too. I don't know how DH sleeps through it. It doesn't seem to phase him a bit. I feel like a whale out of water flopping around though! My hips don't hurt as much as my shoulders; they are killing me! And of course the trips to the bathroom... need to move our toddler out of our closet so I can use my bathroom without worrying about waking her up. The one I use is much farther away.
this morning, DH said 'yeah, I could tell you had a rough night'. oops.. I guess I was a little too much whale-like last night.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #55
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
AFM: My Dr. appt was fine. Just the twin factor; had to see the dr. but it made my day miserable. She's telling me to get 4 hours of rest, but can only see me during my rest time. I was gone the entire day until after 5, and I think I'm still recovering (not all due to appt of course, but homeschool group, ballet, etc.) My finger prick test was fine, so she's happy about that. Just need to eat and rest more, lol. I was debating going on a short girl's trip a couple hours away, but she really didn't like that idea. She asked if there was a nicu close by, and then said they could always life flight me. Not so encouraging! I think I'll just stay home!
Quote:
Are you having any contractions or anything going on that would point to any problems? I can't understand why she's treating you like it's such a high risk thing just to have twins?
If there's nothing going on strange or different from your previous pregnancies other , I wouldn't treat it any differently than those ones. So, if you would normally go to the girls' day out thing, go and have fun!
A multiples pregnancy can have other factors and be more high risk than a singleton, but definitely not always and not automatically, just cuz there's 2 in there.
So sorry she scared you. It definitely makes a difference on how many placentas and amniotic sacks there are (2 placentas, 2 sacks is lowest risk). I know my doc told me 36 weeks is considered full term for twins, and it's much easier to go into pre-term labor, even from simple things like dehydration. I know from my experience that everything is fine until it's not, ya know? But I know during mine I had MUCH less endurance. I was measuring full term fundas height at 6 months!!

Quote:
I am up usually twice to pee, and I feel like I spend the night rolling back and forth. We got a memory foam pad for our bed so my hips haven't been hurting, but I just wake up so much!
Me too, and my sleep isn't as restful.

AFM: Turns out I do have a sinus infection. Doc gave me some meds to help, hoping to get this gunk gone!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #56
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
AFM: Turns out I do have a sinus infection. Doc gave me some meds to help, hoping to get this gunk gone!!
Yeah I had one too. I am feeling better bc I am on meds too. Less gunk here, but I hate taking meds!!!! It was bad though, the left side of my face hurt so bad. I hope you get some relief.

I had a dr appt today. It went well. The Dr started an office about 45 minutes closer to the house so it felt so much easier. Afterwards I had a major pregnancy craving and got a tempeh hoagie from the Mellow Mushroom. Yes I was craving a tempeh hoagie

Then we went to Target and just walked around got a great deal on Starbucks Christmas blend coffee that I snatched up for dh.

It is beautiful here today and about 73 degrees out. Feb use to be my most depressing month when I lived in the Northeast/mid-atlantic. Now it feels like spring and I love it! My family is talking about moving south. I hope they do. Not sure it would be the same state but even if they were 4hrs away it would be great and I would be able to see them alot more.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:12 PM   #57
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Slightly off topic, but someone pinned on pinterest that EPO taken every day helped keep your skin look young? Why do pregnant woman take it?
cervical ripening, I think they call it.

you are supposed to start no earlier than like 37 weeks if you're inserting it vaginally, but some people also take it orally. Might be alright to take orally earlier.

a friend of mine is starting at 36 weeks because she hopes to be induced at 38-39 weeks.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #58
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sinus infections are so awful. I am just finally over mine. It only took... three weeks? Yuck yuck. Hope your infections feel better soon.

Quote:

this morning, DH said 'yeah, I could tell you had a rough night'. oops.. I guess I was a little too much whale-like last night.
Hah! I definitely feel whale-like these days.

Quote:

cervical ripening, I think they call it.

you are supposed to start no earlier than like 37 weeks if you're inserting it vaginally, but some people also take it orally. Might be alright to take orally earlier.

a friend of mine is starting at 36 weeks because she hopes to be induced at 38-39 weeks.
Hmm I think it'd be better if my cervix stays unripe so I guess I will stay away!

My OB appt today was... weird. I really like this OB but sometimes I think he lacks continuity with me. Last time he told me I would most likely need a c-sec. Today he told me it was 50/50. I think he was implying that there's no way to know for sure, but I kinda feel like I am left hanging. Why can't he just predict the future and tell me how my birth will go? And maybe the lotto numbers for thr next draw? Next appt is in two weeks with an ultrasound. FX that DH is in town for it!!!!
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #59
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

My OB appt today was... weird. I really like this OB but sometimes I think he lacks continuity with me. Last time he told me I would most likely need a c-sec. Today he told me it was 50/50. I think he was implying that there's no way to know for sure, but I kinda feel like I am left hanging. Why can't he just predict the future and tell me how my birth will go? And maybe the lotto numbers for thr next draw? Next appt is in two weeks with an ultrasound. FX that DH is in town for it!!!!
How weird... why the change?
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #60
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Some nights I pass out and don't wake at all - which is nice. Some nights I have more hip/pelvic pain and need to move more, so I wake more often with that.
Oddly, I'm not having to get up too often to pee through the night - not even once every night, just now and then. I pee a ton through the day, and definitely am near bursting in the morning, but I'll take that over waking 3-4 times a night just to pee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelle View Post
and of course baby is super active when I lay down...lol
Hiccup is too - whenever I am up through the night (not every night, but when I do have a more restless one) he's squirming and kicking around in there - he seems to love "jumping" off the bed when I'm lying on my side where his feet are. Funny, but kinda disturbing for sleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
So sorry she scared you. It definitely makes a difference on how many placentas and amniotic sacks there are (2 placentas, 2 sacks is lowest risk). I know my doc told me 36 weeks is considered full term for twins, and it's much easier to go into pre-term labor, even from simple things like dehydration. I know from my experience that everything is fine until it's not, ya know? But I know during mine I had MUCH less endurance. I was measuring full term fundas height at 6 months!!
You're absolutely right - that's what I meant, too. A multiples pregnancy can have its own different risks and issues happening, and can present a whole new world of problems (like you mentioned with placentas or sacs), but they can also be totally normal and go all the way to "real" full term with no issues, and I dislike the OBs that don't base their treatment/care on the actual facts presenting but instead just say "2 babies = high risk OMG".
One thing I hear many times is the argument that 36 weeks is full term for twins, so they push for delivery (usually pushing for a csec) at that point. IMO, if everything is looking good with mom and babies, there's no need to rush anything. Same as with a singleton.
Basically, I just think it should be judged on a case-by-case basis, kwim?

Quote:
Hmm I think it'd be better if my cervix stays unripe so I guess I will stay away!

Definitely agree with you steering clear of the EPO! It's supposed to ripen the cervix, bring on effacement and possibly dilation - not good things in your case!

That's... odd about the OB. If your placenta is still covering or on the cervix, there's no 50/50 about it. If it's just close to, then there's more wiggle room, kwim?
I would definitely keep planning and preparing for a c-sec, while also still for that placenta to move away enough for a vaginal birth. But I wouldn't just stop thinking about a c-sec.
Definitely you'll know more after the next u/s.

AFM: DH ended up having a Dr appt this evening in town, so I got the boys ready and we all went in. Got everything I wanted for Elli's birthday. Tomorrow I need to bake cupcakes, and I still want to finish up one more decoration thing - needed printer ink so I couldn't get it done today.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote