Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #11
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: using coupons

My area is not very coupon friendly Where my mom is they will double or triple coupon value and then you can get some great deals but for me-nada. So I mostly use CVS for all household products. My most recent trip I got 2 blocks of coffee, 4 crest toothpaste and renu contact solution. Paid 9.00 in cvs ecb, 8.00 in coupons my subtotal was .35, tax was .92 for a total of 1.27. Plus I made back my 9 in ecb. Things that are on a great sale at CVS this week

Clearance crest toothpaste with a UPC of 37000 38583. Mine were .84 each. buy 2 get 2.00 ecb. A moneymaker even without coupons. Limit 2 trasactions ( so 4 toothpastes total)

Clearance Mach 3 razor refills 8ct. Mine were 7.12 each. Plus there is a coupon for 10.00 off Gillette razor when you buy refill cartridges. So I also bought a fusion razor for 10.99 . I also got 4ECB for buying that razor.

M & M bagged candies. They are 4/$12 this week and get 4ECB back. Also the red machine scanner is giving off 1.00 each coupons every day. So the deal is use 4.00 of scanner coupons, I have a 1.50/2 coupon and 1.00/2 coupon and 4ecb for a total of 1.50 for 4 bags of candies ( we like to make cookies often so this is a good price for that).

Scott toilet paper/paper towels is good with the cash card. there are 1.25 coupons to print and there are ( were?) cvs coupons to stack with them.

Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #12
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
No stores in my area doubles :-(
Old 02-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #13
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

A lot of grocery store double coupons under .99. I live in a very expensive area and shoppers and Safeway double coupons up to .99. Also, I've saved a TON of money at Safeway with their just for u coupons.

Also, I know it isn't the best, but I would invest in a deep freezer. At Safeway they almost always have clearance meat on sale for 30% off but it expires the next day so I just buy it all and pop it in the freezer.

To really save money on coupon ing you have to stock up when stuff is cheap. It might take a few months to build up your stockpile but then you'll be able to go six months or more without buying ANY beauty products, etc. I am still building mine but between groceries and cvs I spend $500 a month total. I am hoping to cut that in half by next month because I'm pretty much done stockpiling.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #14
cassie.sattler
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett's mommy View Post
These are great idea thanks. I love love love my mama cloth. I made it all myself out of fabric I had and remnants from jo anns so I paid almost nothing for my whole stash.
i tired that... i hand sew and any time i make anything decent i hate it because it doesnt have those fancy tabs... im trifolding some crappy cotten burp cloths my nurse friend stole for me from her hospital. they work but are nothing fancy and are a bit bulky.. also dont be afriad to stockpile items you use up quick as well if you have the space...
Old 02-07-2013, 07:01 AM   #15
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:

DEFINITELY make your own cleaning supplies! I started making everything myself, and you would not believe how much you save! And you get rid of nasty chemicals, and homemade cleaning supplies are just as effective!

I've been making all-purpose cleaning spray (simply water, vinegar, baking soda and lemon juice in a squeeze bottle, works great!!), I made a gallon of liquid hand soap the other day for $2, and a year's worth of powdered laundry detergent (I'm going to say more like 9 months for our family of 5) for about $25! The laundry detergent is fabulous - I'm a laundry snob and the homemade stuff smells great and works great!

As far as couponing, I follow cuckoo for coupons, and coupon divas. They do the matchups for you. Go to local stores and ask if they will give you the extra inserts - they just throw them out and most places will give them to you if they aren't already spoken for. I get all the leftover inserts from my DH's store. Then you just look online for the matchups - the couponing blogs do all the work for you!

I don't really coupon for food unless its coffee, creamer or yeast - most of the coupons for food is processed convenience foods, and IMO, not that great of a deal. But you can get stuff for practically free, when it comes to toiletries and health and beauty! This past week, I got 14 bottles of Tresemme shampoo and conditioner, 12 bottles of Clear shampoo for men, and 6 Oral B tooth brushes - I paid $7 total for everything! I kept most of the shampoo, and traded about 8 bottles of it for canning jars with a fellow couponing friend!
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #16
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by madebymommy View Post
DEFINITELY make your own cleaning supplies! I started making everything myself, and you would not believe how much you save! And you get rid of nasty chemicals, and homemade cleaning supplies are just as effective!

I've been making all-purpose cleaning spray (simply water, vinegar, baking soda and lemon juice in a squeeze bottle, works great!!), I made a gallon of liquid hand soap the other day for $2, and a year's worth of powdered laundry detergent (I'm going to say more like 9 months for our family of 5) for about $25! The laundry detergent is fabulous - I'm a laundry snob and the homemade stuff smells great and works great!

As far as couponing, I follow cuckoo for coupons, and coupon divas. They do the matchups for you. Go to local stores and ask if they will give you the extra inserts - they just throw them out and most places will give them to you if they aren't already spoken for. I get all the leftover inserts from my DH's store. Then you just look online for the matchups - the couponing blogs do all the work for you!

I don't really coupon for food unless its coffee, creamer or yeast - most of the coupons for food is processed convenience foods, and IMO, not that great of a deal. But you can get stuff for practically free, when it comes to toiletries and health and beauty! This past week, I got 14 bottles of Tresemme shampoo and conditioner, 12 bottles of Clear shampoo for men, and 6 Oral B tooth brushes - I paid $7 total for everything! I kept most of the shampoo, and traded about 8 bottles of it for canning jars with a fellow couponing friend!
Do you have a link or know the recipe for the laundry detergent?
Old 02-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #17
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:

http://www.howdoesshe.com/cheaper-an...dry-detergent/ - this is the recipe I used. I bought a big 5 gallon bucket in the hardware section, and grated the fels naptha in my food processor. I used 1 bottle of Purex Crystals and that was PLENTY, or else the smell would have knocked my socks off! You can totally omit that too, if you want. It does a GREAT job! I've been using it for a few days now - it cost me a little over $20 to make, all together... $23 if you include the cost of the bucket!
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #18
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by madebymommy View Post
http://www.howdoesshe.com/cheaper-an...dry-detergent/ - this is the recipe I used. I bought a big 5 gallon bucket in the hardware section, and grated the fels naptha in my food processor. I used 1 bottle of Purex Crystals and that was PLENTY, or else the smell would have knocked my socks off! You can totally omit that too, if you want. It does a GREAT job! I've been using it for a few days now - it cost me a little over $20 to make, all together... $23 if you include the cost of the bucket!
Awesome thank you I'm going to try this when the detergent I have is gone.