Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #21
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need a little reassurance

I'm sorry about your UTI. Hope they gave u some meds to take care of it.

As for not hearing baby's heart beat yet, it's understandable, but if that MD even cared about you in the least, seeing your tears like that, he/she should have wrote you a script for an u/s. It's not going to hurt baby, AND it's NOT going to cost them money, so what's the big deal with them not letting you get one done? I think it's awful that they didn't let u get one.

If it were me, I wouldn't wanna wait til I'm 17 weeks along to hear the hb, especially after having a 4 day fever and stuff. I'd prob go to urgent care, or ER to get one done, but that's just me. First off, try and call the dr office tomorrow. If they don't seem sympathetic, is there other options for you to go for another OB, or midwife in the area?

Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #22
happy2beamom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymamaNY View Post
I'm sorry about your UTI. Hope they gave u some meds to take care of it.

As for not hearing baby's heart beat yet, it's understandable, but if that MD even cared about you in the least, seeing your tears like that, he/she should have wrote you a script for an u/s. It's not going to hurt baby, AND it's NOT going to cost them money, so what's the big deal with them not letting you get one done? I think it's awful that they didn't let u get one.

If it were me, I wouldn't wanna wait til I'm 17 weeks along to hear the hb, especially after having a 4 day fever and stuff. I'd prob go to urgent care, or ER to get one done, but that's just me. First off, try and call the dr office tomorrow. If they don't seem sympathetic, is there other options for you to go for another OB, or midwife in the area?

They gave me amoxicillin. Last night i had horrible pains in my back and phoned this morning to say i think it moved to my kidney, but they said the meds should take care of that too, if not better in 48 hours to come back in again (so Thursday).

However, i have this 'heavy' feeling in my pelvis and when i went to the bathroom 15 minutes ago there was pink blood with mucous OMG i don't know what to do.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #23
mvp529
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2beamom

They gave me amoxicillin. Last night i had horrible pains in my back and phoned this morning to say i think it moved to my kidney, but they said the meds should take care of that too, if not better in 48 hours to come back in again (so Thursday).

However, i have this 'heavy' feeling in my pelvis and when i went to the bathroom 15 minutes ago there was pink blood with mucous OMG i don't know what to do.
I'm so sorry! Where are you located again? You can't go into the ER just to get an ultrasound? I can't imagine how nervous you must be.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #24
happy2beamom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp529 View Post
I'm so sorry! Where are you located again? You can't go into the ER just to get an ultrasound? I can't imagine how nervous you must be.
I'm up in Canada. I phoned our nurse hotline and was told if the spotting didn't increase to stay at home and contact my doc in the am to be seen ,but if the spotting got worse, any more symptoms happened to go in.

Does anyone know if a temperature of 99.2 when pregnant is considered "normal"?
Old 02-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #25
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

at this point I'd lie and say that the spotting got worse. Sweetie you need to go in and get checked...this isn't helping your stress
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #26
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

amoxicillin is not my favorite choice for preggers and uti's.... if you feel like it's getting worse they might need to culture your urine and make sure amoxicillin will cover it. if your having more pain then I would have them double check you again. hopefully things are getting better for you momma.
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #27
sparkle3116
Registered Users
seller

Hope your UTI gets better soon

The midwife I saw couldn't find a heartbeat @ my first appointment either b/c the local community clinic I had to go to doesn't have very good equipment (I can't see my previous OB without a high risk referral). It is totally normal, but very frustrating and I was pretty upset after my appointment as well.
sparkle3116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:25 AM   #28
KCmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:
I am so sorry you are going through all this! How are you feeling today?
Old 02-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #29
happy2beamom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Need a little reassurance - Update in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmomma View Post
I am so sorry you are going through all this! How are you feeling today?
The spotting has stopped, so that is a relief. However, this pressure hasn't relented. I'm not sure what it is I kind of feels like something is trying to come out If i do a kegel, i feels like i'm pulling it back up. It feels kind of close to the outside It is a very weird and not pleasant feeling and has me worried every time i have to pee (which of course is ALL the time thanks to the UTI) that the baby is going to be expelled I'm trying to 'get over the fear' after hearing the heartbeat today. Just wish i knew why the feeling, kwim?
Old 02-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #30
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need a little reassurance - Update in OP

oh that is great news sweetie!
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote