Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
KLeeCW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Destashing!

I am going through our dipes and destashing tons of things. We have a huge stash. I would say in the realm of 2 (okay, maybe 3) monthsí worth of diaper changes if we did 8 changes a day. I decided before DD was born that I'd have lots of different diapers and options, decide what worked best for us, and sell off what didn't. Then I bought too much, then a friend gave us her stash, then relatives gave diapers as gifts. It quickly got out of control. It's finally time to start destashing. Thankfully, our local cd store is doing a consignment sale. Definitely the push we needed.

Keeping in regular rotation:
-14 OS pockets (7 BG4.0s and 7 RaRs, DH's favorite)
-24 medium smart fit prefolds (for padfolding and to stuff the pockets, hated microfiber)
-10 LFP fitteds (for night and coverless time, ideally Iíd want a few more of these to use more full time and save the pockets for DH and family)
-a few pieces of wool for night fitteds or during rashy times
-3 flips (for over fitteds during the day when we are out)
-2 Swadlebee Capris (these havenít arrived yet, but Iím hoping they will work over the fitteds)
-18 hemp best bottom inserts (for use as doublers)
So 34 in rotation diaper changes (14 pockets, 10 extra pfs for padfolding, and 10 fitteds)

Keeping for emergencies/back ups:
-8 other pockets (6 CB meds, 1 Kawaii, and 1 GoGreen. These are split up in our diaper bags/car. When they get used, they get washed and put right back so I don't have to worry about if I remembered to stock the diaper bag.)
-24 flats (for our emergency stash and in the event that DD goes through a period where her other options don't work for a bit, I know the flats will...And sometimes I just like the plain jane aspect of slapping on a flat)
-6 best bottom covers (for the emergency stash, though DH loves the cow print so it'll probably stay in rotation lol)

We are also keeping 1 itti bitti d'lish sio size small, 1 gmd orange wh, and 1 thirsties xs because they were DD's first dipes. I thought sheíd like them for her dolls when she is bigger.

There are a few things I'm undecided on, like our 6 itti bitti d'lish aio/sio diapers and a bunch of gdiapers that my friend gave us. They are great for under jeans or for using sposie inserts. But it's a dangerous road to hang onto them.

HAHAHA and Iím not even going to begin to type out the list of things we are destashing. Letís just say there are 2 big boxes, 1 small box, and 2 laundry baskets.

Advertisement

KLeeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
KaysieW003
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Destashing!

Old 02-07-2013, 04:02 AM   #3
carriecook'n'sew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow! Sounds a lot easier than listing them all tho!

Source Specializing in Embroidered Wool & Clothing Sets!! Interlock & Upcycled
ETSY STORE
Bitty Fluff Congo Adorable Newborn Fluff!
carriecook'n'sew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
bkoala
Registered Users
seller

Re: Destashing!

bkoala is offline   Reply With Quote