Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #31
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Thursday

Jen, I told the girls about your valentine idea and we came up with a prototype:

We will of course use more pink/red paper and new VD pencils, I just used the first page in that pack of paper I bought when Rosie had to make all those paper airplanes.

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #32
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is amazing! A pencil that is simultaneously sharp AND has an eraser without being only 1 inch long?!?!?! I never knew they existed!

6 pints of pizza sauce canned, we are now working on a few quarts of French Onion soup to can I am loving this. Next up, roasted garlic marinara.

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #33
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

at Jess. I buy a LOT of pencils, mostly dollar store and Mejiers pencils, at the back to school sales and we have an electric sharpener. That runs ALL the time. Apparently to the kids there is no such thing as a dull pencil. As for the small ones...IDK. I guess they lose them before they get small? I never see any.

I wish I wasn't too chicken to can. I have a gas stove now, I have no excuse...just chicken.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #34
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can I just say, as I have been going through the boxes in the basement (three garbage bags of trash, three garbage bags to donate, three file boxes of diapers for Bekah and anyone else that wants them) I have come to accept I am a dollar store craft supply addict. I have so many little bags of foam stickers, pencils, pens, clay sticks, glitter pens, etc it is insane. I am forbidding myself from buying any more until they are all used up.

Said the woman who went to Michaels today and bought those stupid Prisma markers, oil pastels, charcoal sticks, and tubes of acrylic paints, special paper. When they cancelled the art class both girls were going to do this semester, I said we'd have art class at home instead. When they said we don't have the supplies the class uses, I impulsively promised I'd buy the same supplies they would have used in the class, not knowing how much they would cost. Ugh. I got generic everything else but the markers, they didn't have the generic version of those. I did use the 40% off coupon tho. Def going the duckblick route if they actually need more.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #35
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep duckblick rocks! Check, there may even be a store in Detroit area.

Pizza smells good, Jerry said the one he is eating is good.

Wow I am just grumpy tonight. I am frustrated that I cant seem to get the 3rd gradersto understand the concept of guidewords...they are important to understand when you are learning to use reference books. sigh....
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #36
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hi all.

I survived my day at work. And that's about it. My kids wrote their math test, my coworkers and admin were all nice and checked in one me, and I got through the day. I also met with the VP and got my report card corrections done. So there ya go.

The storm has started here. I left work at 4:30 and the roads were already treacherous. I had to keep the defrost on full-blast to keep the window from icing. Fun fun! Now it's a wait and see game as to weather 1) busses with be cancelled tomorrow or 2) the superintendent makes the very very rare call that schools will close (aka I wouldn't have to go in). The last time schools were actually closed was the 2010-2011 school year.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #37
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sitting here listening to MH and Jerry play with deputy. She is giggling so hard. They were out there wrestling.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #38
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
E is in bed. He is having a hard time falling asleep tonight.

Just texted with a coworker of mine. We're really hoping for a true snow day tomorrow.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote