Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #11
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: HELP! My son won't take a bink

I wanted my kids to use one but neither one would at first. We forced it upon our son. We just kept putting it back in when he spit it out. It took a long time but he eventually gave in and got hooked. He was quite the addict until I took it away at 10 months. We tried to force it on our daughter too. She just doesn't want it. There's no point to keep trying.

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #12
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

Well my baby never would take a paci, a teether, or a sippy so what I had to do was a bottle. Either put your breast milk or if your gonna switch to formula or whatever your preference is & get him used to taking it instead that way maybe since he can still suck & get something out of it he may not notice to much I think that's why mine didn't like a paci nothing came out of it. Look at it this way one less thing to break him from lol! All I have to wean mine off of is the bottle during the day she will drink out of a real cup with a straw but nap or bed time she wants her bottle. Mines older though 18 months but she always hated paci.
lilannies mama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #13
aaiya
Registered Users
seller

DD wouldn't take a binky ever, despite our best efforts (and lots of money spent trying different ones)....then, when she started teething at 8 months, she suddenly decided to take one. I have to say, though, binky-weaning is a pain....maybe this is a good thing.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #14
PBAki
No Longer Here

My Mood:

DD1 never did either I think she took it maybe less than a dozen times. DD2 seems to like the Nuk right now. She'll suck on it so hard that it leaves marks around her mouth lol. That or the natural rubber one made by Hevea.
PBAki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #15
srw.mutter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My son never took one. Even now, as a toddler, he'll pick one up and chew on the plastic; he doesn't even know to suck on the soft part.
When my baby was really young, I envied moms whose baby took a pacificer and calmed down immediately (my son was mostly calmed by nursing). But now I'm glad he never got attached and use it as some sort of crutch. He does have some favorite stuffed animals that he holds falling to sleep.
If you want to get your kid to soothe with something else, just "wear" that item for a few hours/day (like stuff it in your bra or put under your shirt) to get your smell to transfer to it. That might work
srw.mutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:11 PM   #16
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
None if mine took one. At least dd2 loves her thumb
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote