Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #41
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feb chat for Feb Mamas!!!

Krista we have a snake which is no issue for me but giant birds really freak me out

I saw the midwife yesterday and had my NST and BPP. The midwife tried VERY hard to strip my membranes but his head was so tight against my cervix she could barely get in there. We decided on 6:30 Saturday morning for the induction. The lady who does the BPP could not believe how big Fionn's foot was Please wish me luck tomorrow and that he comes out easily and healthy. I am a nervous wreck. Hopefully Sunday afternoon I will be able to update with pics.

Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 08:32 AM   #42
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy View Post
Oy!!!such a long day. Went to a few stores to pick up some things and groceries. Then cleaned out the truck. It was so horrible. Took me about 2.5 hours to finish it all. Then went to go get a couple more things... The truck battery died!! Noooooooo!

Anyways, now that that's all fixed, I am so sore. I need to see but I just hurt instead. I am ready for bed.
We just had to change our truck battery. Thank goodness it only died when DH was using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy View Post

I managed to get the fridge 90% cleaned out last night. Today, I REALLY need to clean my parrot's cage...not as easy as it might sound. I could put my kids in this thing...it's like 30 x 30 x 50, plus a play top...
Cleaning cages is so not fun! We had a sugar glider for a couple of years, and he had a big cage, but not that big. Maybe you can talk DH into doing it for you? Lol!
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #43
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever View Post
Krista we have a snake which is no issue for me but giant birds really freak me out

I saw the midwife yesterday and had my NST and BPP. The midwife tried VERY hard to strip my membranes but his head was so tight against my cervix she could barely get in there. We decided on 6:30 Saturday morning for the induction. The lady who does the BPP could not believe how big Fionn's foot was Please wish me luck tomorrow and that he comes out easily and healthy. I am a nervous wreck. Hopefully Sunday afternoon I will be able to update with pics.
He's just a snuggle bug. He'll snuggle up on my chest and say "snuggle snuggle snuggle". And he's only about the size of a robin.

Now you go rest up and have some hot cocoa or something else relaxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph Ed View Post
We just had to change our truck battery. Thank goodness it only died when DH was using it!

Cleaning cages is so not fun! We had a sugar glider for a couple of years, and he had a big cage, but not that big. Maybe you can talk DH into doing it for you? Lol!
Yeah, DH said he would do it (which was a HUGE thing, since he doesn't really like birds), but it's tax season (he's a CPA) and he is working 6 AM to 6 PM, 6 days a week, so he won't ever really do it.

Last edited by The Fancy Pansy; 02-08-2013 at 09:43 AM.
The Fancy Pansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #44
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy

He's just a snuggle bug. He'll snuggle up on my chest and say "snuggle snuggle snuggle". And he's only about the size of a robin.

Now you go rest up and have some hot cocoa or something else relaxing!

Yeah, DH said he would do it (which was a HUGE thing, since he doesn't really like birds), but it's tax season (he's a CPA) and he is working 6 AM to 6 PM, 6 days a week, so he won't ever really do it.
Yuck! Hate tax season for you.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #45
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy View Post
Yuck! Hate tax season for you.
Yeah, he was supposed to be getting a different job (different accounting position, NOT tax accounting), but that didn't work out...so we didn't mean to have a baby in the height of tax season.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #46
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy

Yeah, he was supposed to be getting a different job (different accounting position, NOT tax accounting), but that didn't work out...so we didn't mean to have a baby in the height of tax season.
I feel ya. I didn't know that 4 months before deployment, my husband would be working his hiney off. Even though our kid was planned, it was more of an "we don't want an unplanned kid during deployment so we may as well squeeze one out before." Lol. Little did I know... He is pretty useless right now. At least he will be here for the birth and stuff.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #47
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy View Post

My SIL is a tax accountant and and she definitely works her butt off this time of year.
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #48
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That is a cute bird Robin size is very acceptable, it is big macaw size birds that scare me
Old 02-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #49
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The bigger birds are usually very very gentle. It's kind of like with dogs, how the small ones are usually the snappy ones, but the big ones are gentle giants. Although the bigger the bird, the LOUDER the noise (generally).
Old 02-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #50
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well I broke out the exercise ball today. I couldn't find the stopper thingy (so technical) so I had to improvise with a hot glue stick (not hot obviously) and masking tape. So far it's held up the whole day.

No consistent contractions for me, some that will last for 1-1.5 hrs then go away so who knows. At my appointment yesterday I was 3 cms and 75% effaced... Which is what I figured. Tomorrow is the day I thought baby might come (yesterday was my due date) so we shall see. I'm losing a lot of mucous but no blood, I'm getting tired of the mucous though, eww.

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote