Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2013, 08:38 AM   #21
erlyjo
User requested temporary ban
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkify
How has everything been the last couple of days?
I've cut way cut back on dairy and no more blood. Ive also been very careful to not let her snack and no more green poo. I think I still want to get her in to a doctor as soon as I find a new one. Can they test for allergies?

Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #22
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlyjo

I've cut way cut back on dairy and no more blood. Ive also been very careful to not let her snack and no more green poo. I think I still want to get her in to a doctor as soon as I find a new one. Can they test for allergies?
Not on babies.

Is there a particular food you've been eating more of lately? I would have never noticed DD1's sensitivity to pork had I not gone crazy on a tenderloin one weekend.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #23
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
I just changed my 5 month old DD's diaper and there were blood streaks in her poo. Has anyone had this happen before? She's baby #4 and I have never seen this. DH just lost his job, we have high deductible insurance, and I want to make sure it's absolutely necessary before I run to the doctor because I'm not sure we have the money. I'm a hypochondriac by nature so I don't know if I'm overreacting or not...
My daughter has a milk protein allergy and this happens to her if I eat something that has even been cross contaminated with milk. She's less sensitive to soy, but repeated exposure will also cause blood in her stool. I was so scared and upset the first time it happened. The ped gave me a list of different milk products to avoid. I knew by two weeks that my LO had a milk protein allergy though. Now I can tell if I've eaten something that won't work for her because she gets really fussy, and then has blood spots in her stool about 12 hrs to a day later. Last week it happened so I learned that I cannot eat rice chex. I still get upset about the blood, but I don't run off to the Ped every time anymore because I need to conserve the gas in my car and I know what's causing it. When I try a new food I don't eat anything else that could cause a problem for three days so I can watch for a reaction. I've pretty much given up on all packaged food at this point though. It's all contaminated with milk and soy.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #24
erlyjo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2jandb

Not on babies.

Is there a particular food you've been eating more of lately? I would have never noticed DD1's sensitivity to pork had I not gone crazy on a tenderloin one weekend.
I can't think of anything I've eaten recently that was different than what I normally eat. The only thing I can think of is a latte I had the day before.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #25
erlyjo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

I can't think of anything I've eaten recently that was different than what I normally eat. The only thing I can think of is a latte I had the day before.
And I had one today to see if it happens again tomorrow...
Old 02-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #26
Stacy418
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: FREAKING OUT!

Eek...did you call the doctor? Hopefully there's an easy explanation!
Stacy418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #27
birdinhand
Registered Users

Re: FREAKING OUT!

The only times I have known babies having blood in the stool it was the result of a dairy sensitivity -- not allergy, but sensitivity (as there is not allergic reaction). It may have just taken her body this long to react that way. And dairy can take 2-3 weeks to entirely clear from mom's body, so it is not a quick fix. Plus there are about 30 names for dairy on labels, so it can be a process. But this would not immediately drive me to the doc if she is acting okay otherwise.
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote