Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #101
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 3rd - 9th

I don't have any RRL tea but I do have EPO. I always start at 32 weeks so I have begun. It's supposed to be excellent for people with eczema which is worth a shot cause I have very debilitating eczema. Pretty much had to take benadtyl my whole pregnancy. I also increased my probiotics intake in hopes for a neg strep B.
So number 1 was a long or, well about 15 hrs, number 2 I had contractions all day but it felt like cramps so didn't know it, but from when my water broke it was about 3hrs. Then baby 3 was a good 4 hour

I'm wondering how number 4 will be!

My back is really hurting this evening like bad

Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #102
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I found my epo today expires May 2013, so whee!! Will need more though, there's not much left in the bottle.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #103
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

What is EPO??
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #104
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am drawing a blank on epo too! I know I know it but complete blank. As for the fennel couldn't you just eat it. I make a white bean soup that has fennel in it and it is so YUM!!!! I actually picked fennel up today. Does anyone know what I can do with the stems?

Oh and did you get a specific brand of tea or did you get it from your doula?
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #105
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea020611 View Post
It's snowing like crazy here today. We can't seem to catch a break this winter, it's either freezing cold (like -25 celcius) or snowing or freezing rain-ing. I'm hoping it slows down before the end of the work day, or my commute home is going to be another 2 hour disaster like my commute into work this morning was!
Hope your drive home was okay.
We've had a strange winter, too - really cold for weeks, then warms up and dumps snow on us. Ah well, the end is in sight - today it was slightly above zero, the roads melted (the snow I mean, not the roads, lol) AND I even heard birds singing in our front yard!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
oh! and I found out I CAN take my placenta from my hospital and so just finding someone to encapsulate it for me yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
well, I had the fennel wrong.. it was something else in the tea.. so I guess I need to up my vit K elsewhere :P
Actually, vit K is one of the (really quite) few things that it doesn't matter how much mom gets or supplements, it makes no difference in baby's levels. I'm assuming it doesn't cross the placenta.
It also doesn't get passed through breastmilk.

But if there's no birth trauma for baby, you're not planning to circ right away, and no preexisting conditions that warrant doing it, there's no need for the shot. Just decline it.
For our babies, we choose to do the shot because of my own platelet issues and the possibility of it being passed on to the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post
I also increased my probiotics intake in hopes for a neg strep B.
Hmm... I should pick some up, maybe. I have always tested negative, but with Levi I tested positive. We did go to the hospital when I woke with contractions in the night, and actually by the time we got there and got the IV in it was barely 4 hours until he was born.
I don't know if I care all that much about it - though it would save me an IV, and chances are I'll need one for platelet transfusions - one in each hand is kinda sucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
What is EPO??
evening primrose oil
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #106
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I just bought 3rd trimester tea from amazon. It's Earth Mama, I think. Tastes like mint.

I didn't get any recommendations to try it, I just saw it and decided that it had good reviews.

Mostly, I just liked that I could start now as opposed to waiting until 36 weeks or something.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #107
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Ooohhhh... heard of evening primrose oil but hadn't seen the abbreviation
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:24 AM   #108
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

My internet has been going SUPER slow. It took about 5 minutes to load this page.

I had an ultrasound today to check baby's size and amniotic fluid levels. I don't know what the fluid levels were (will find out at my appointment on Wed), but baby was measuring only 3 days ahead....just the same as it was at my 20 week ultrasound. Maybe that will get my OB to loosen up about baby's size. Baby was 4lbs and a few ounces, and I'm almost 32 weeks. That would put this baby just about where my other two were...8lbs 13oz and 9lbs 2oz.

The ultrasound tech said my due date says April 4th but it should be the 7th. I'm guessing it says the 4th because I was measuring 3 days ahead at the 20 week ultrasound; but I need to clear that up with my OB and make sure my due date is listed at April 7th. I went 11 days and 7 days past my due date with my girls, so those 3 extra days could make a big difference in the end.

I'll try to catch up with everyone once my internet speeds up.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #109
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
I had an ultrasound today to check baby's size and amniotic fluid levels. I don't know what the fluid levels were (will find out at my appointment on Wed), but baby was measuring only 3 days ahead....just the same as it was at my 20 week ultrasound. Maybe that will get my OB to loosen up about baby's size. Baby was 4lbs and a few ounces, and I'm almost 32 weeks. That would put this baby just about where my other two were...8lbs 13oz and 9lbs 2oz.

The ultrasound tech said my due date says April 4th but it should be the 7th. I'm guessing it says the 4th because I was measuring 3 days ahead at the 20 week ultrasound; but I need to clear that up with my OB and make sure my due date is listed at April 7th. I went 11 days and 7 days past my due date with my girls, so those 3 extra days could make a big difference in the end.
Sounds like everything is just fine with baby and growth in there! Definitely wouldn't be listening to the Dr's "concerns" or frets over baby being too big.

I also definitely would ask about those 3 days - for you, with your history, it could make a big difference come days "late". Normally they'll start with basing EDD on LMP, then they will change based on u/s, but only if there's a week or more difference (or very close to, like 6 days).
Hiccup measured 4 days ahead at our u/s, so technically I may be due the 10th - but neither my Dr or the OB changed my official EDD (14th). I'm very glad for that! If I'm due the 10th, truly, that's fine and doesn't change anything with thinking the 14th. But if I'm really due the 14th, and we go off the 10th for overdue, then that's 4 days less until 42 weeks, kwim?
And, no matter what, "sometime in April" works as my "due month"!

With Isaac, I did take issue with the dates they kept giving me. LMP EDD was May 18th, first u/s at 6wks said May 24th - but I had a large SCH and they never took that into account, SCH's can have an affect on baby's growth. Later u/s gave us May 9th. That's quite a serious difference, IMO.
When I first met with the MW we decided to go with LMP date, instead of the early u/s, because of the other factors involved. Come the end of April and into May, when my body kept up contractions for weeks, the MWs suddenly said "You have lots of time, you're not due until the 24th and we'll wait 2 weeks after that even."
He was delivered on May 19th... and he was definitely overdue. I don't know the condition of the placenta, but it still bothers me to think about the what if's - what if I had listened to them and let them placate me, waiting 2 weeks after the 24th... would he even have survived that long...

AFM: Lazy start to the day, letting everyone sleep as long as they can. Then we'll get ready and go to town for a few errands this afternoon. Maybe some skating (supposed to be decent temps) and probably supper with DH's parents.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:32 AM   #110
Janelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was a little annoyed they didn't go by my ultrasound date this time (April 1st), instead they stuck w/ my LMP date (Mar 29th)...the most I have ever gone over is 3 days, but I don't want to be getting the "induction" talk before I think she is even due. Thankfully I found a good CNM who said they don't talk induction until 42 weeks, but I do have to go in for NST ever week after 40 weeks...

AFM: Trying to sit still for a bit b/c every time I move those lovely round ligament pains hit me. I might try to get to the tub and take a soak to see if that helps (although my 3 yo usually gets in w/ me)