Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #31
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
With my first I couldn't drink coffee. It gave me a terrible stomach ache...and plain water gave me heartburn. I drank milk a lot and some juice.

With my second I CRAVED coffee. I liked it cold, sweet and really bad for me. I limited myself to one coffee a day and usually one glass of sweet or flavored tea per day. I tried cutting it out and became a blubbering mess. Caffeine was my friend.

Advertisement

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #32
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Caffeine

I occasionally (as often as twice a week or infrequently as once every two weeks) drink a warm white tea. I prefer to avoid caffeine.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #33
Belbaby3728
Banned

I had bad headaches while pregnant and my midwife told me to drink a caffeinated drink daily. Usually had a capuchino in morning and no headaches all day.
Belbaby3728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #34
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belbaby3728
I had bad headaches while pregnant and my midwife told me to drink a caffeinated drink daily. Usually had a capuchino in morning and no headaches all day.
Yes!!! I had forgotten about that. I was told that same thing for my headaches.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #35
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't judge caffeine drinking preggos at all! I'm not a coffee drinker but I have a can of Coke a day, pregnant or not, and the occasional cup of tea/iced tea/frappuccino.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #36
marenmccoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not a big coffee drinker but I will have one occasionally. I'll usually make it a small cup with a lot of milk, or a half caf if I can. I was a big diet soda drinker prior to this pregnancy and have since kicked the habit (which I've been trying to do for years). I've replaced it with iced green tea, which does have some caffeine, and I drink it every morning. I try not to stress about it. I'm sure it's not the BEST thing, but I'm also sure it's not going to do any real damage, kwim?
marenmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:07 AM   #37
Nijntje
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 View Post
Ha, this is how I feel. I'm a caffeine addict, and I do cut back to a cup of coffee in the morning and maybe a soda in the afternoon when I'm pregnant, but no way I'm giving it up entirely. Seriously, no one wants to see that train wreck. I have no doubt that it's fine in moderation.
pregnant caffeine addicts unite.

I tried giving it up for a whole day this pregnancy and ended up having to get off the tram to puke multiple times from the resulting migraine. That was a long commute home.

ETA: and I don't even drink that much! The same as you. Maybe a cappuccino or latte in the morning and then a soda at lunch. I just...I need those bubbles and soda water ain't cuttin' it!

Last edited by Nijntje; 02-10-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Nijntje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #38
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I drank it with every pregnancy. None of my babies had higher than normal HRs. I drank RedBull when pregnant. My OB said if it didn't have a warning on it and I'm within my 200mg I'm ok. Redbull had like 80mg I think. The vitamin B in it really helped my morning sickness and coffee gave me horrible heartburn. The lack of caffeine would have been horrible. When I was hospitalized for preterm labor for 2wks with my twins the nurses used to bring me Coke to drink all the time. They used to bring me It's-It's for dessert too! :-)
Old 02-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #39
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have been craving soda a lot and have made a "only of we are eating out" rule to try to cut down on the amount. I worry it will have negative effects so I'm trying to keep it at a minimum.
alyxmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #40
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

I havehave drank a cup or two of.coffee a day most days with both my pregnancies, less during the first but never more than that and.never any soda. in my opinion drinking a cup of good quality.organic coffee isn't bad at all. way way.better than soda or.deaf coffee. the chemicals they use to remove the caffeine.from coffee is much worse.for.you than the caffeine itself.
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote