Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #11
lalaura
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Just had mine done on Thursday. I am 25 and have 2 kids. My doctor never denied me the procedure. Even up to when they put me to sleep they ask "are you sure"

Recovery has been okay. Harder than I thought for me. Every day gets a little better though

please excuse craziness - I am on my phone

Advertisement

Proud SAHM to 2 beautiful girls J (03/11/07) and Z (01/18/10)
lalaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #12
airmans_angel
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Having tubes tied

Thanks ladies.

This is all very helpful!! I think the plan is for me to have it done before leaving the hospital after birth, but not sure yet if thats a choice I can have it done or not.
airmans_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #13
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmans_angel View Post
Thanks ladies.

This is all very helpful!! I think the plan is for me to have it done before leaving the hospital after birth, but not sure yet if thats a choice I can have it done or not.
You should talk your doctor. See what options are best with your insurance.

If you are getting a c-section.. A tubal makes sense. If not, I would wait and get essure. It is non surgical.

Either way, I probably would not have it done at your age. I'm not trying to be critical of your choice. But I'm 34 and life changes. You might decide that you want to make different choice 10 years from now.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #14
AmyfromKY
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have not had my tubes tied, but I know someone who is pregnant with #4 after getting her tubes tied after having her twins. Just wanted to throw that out there. If I was sure I was finished, I'd have my tubes tied and DH would have a vasectomy.
AmyfromKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #15
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marliah View Post
Please, please research post tubal ligation syndrome and know the risks. Breaking our bodies can lead to serious problems.
YES, this. I cannot tell you how much I regret my tubal. I wish I had never done it and I wish I could afford to have it reversed. I now have horribly heavy, unbearable periods. I have breakthrough bleeding in between cycles and horrible pain during ovulation. I now get night sweats quite frequently. It also affected my lactation and I had a heck of a time breastfeeding my daughter. Definitely research and decide if you are willing to live with the possible side-affects. I just went with it without any research... I think I would have reconsidered, had I known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyfromKY View Post
I have not had my tubes tied, but I know someone who is pregnant with #4 after getting her tubes tied after having her twins. Just wanted to throw that out there. If I was sure I was finished, I'd have my tubes tied and DH would have a vasectomy.
I got pregnant after my tubal, about a year after, and lost my baby at 7 weeks I have a friend who got pregnant after her tubal, lost her baby, and then got pregnant with twins. Multiples pregnancies are more prevalent after a tubal .

Last edited by madebymommy; 02-10-2013 at 05:32 PM.
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #16
gingersnappy
Registered Users
seller

Will your husband consider a vasectomy? It's less invasive, easier and less expensive to reverse, and cheaper. A vasectomy will prevent pregnancy. My husband had his vasectomy reversed 8 years after the fact, and now we have a DD.Circumstances change and it's good to have the option. Please don't be offended, I'm not trying to talk you out of it.
gingersnappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #17
MrsTorres
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had my tubes tied 2 years ago when my youngest was 6 weeks old. I was 31 at the time and have 5 kids. I don't regret it at all and haven't had any problems. I am VERY fertile and 4 out of my 5 were the result of a birth control failure and I knew I was done so I told my dr to do it as soon as she could.