Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
annin118
Registered Users

My Mood:
? for those who are NTNP

Hi, I'm new here

me and my husband are kinda in between preventing and NTNP but I wish we were TTC. I was wondering if maybe I should start taking vitamins, and cutting the alcohol and caffeine ( i work at a coffee shop so i drink alot of coffee!) just in case I do get pregnant? or is it not important to make those changes untill after im late and know if I am or not?

Advertisement

annin118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
If there is a possibility of you getting pregnant, especially in the next 3-6 months, you should be on a prenatal vitamin. It's important to have those nutrients in your body before you conceive. They will help prepare your body for a healthier pregnancy. As for other changes, it really depends on how likely you are to get pregnant. It might be a good idea to start cutting back on some of the bad stuff so you don't go through withdrawals, particularly the coffee, lol. You will likely be exhausted anyway the first trimester and going through caffeine withdrawal won't help that! I find it easier to make changes like that before getting pregnant instead of afterward when my hormones are going crazy.

My iDevices are out to get me. Please excuse mistakes.

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: ? for those who are NTNP

You can. I didn't. I guess I'm selfish and only willing to sacrifice my body for so long. I normally and still just take flinestone vits, so that wasn't a change.
Drink til it pink
Old 02-08-2013, 07:54 AM   #4
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by annin118 View Post
Hi, I'm new here

me and my husband are kinda in between preventing and NTNP but I wish we were TTC. I was wondering if maybe I should start taking vitamins, and cutting the alcohol and caffeine ( i work at a coffee shop so i drink alot of coffee!) just in case I do get pregnant? or is it not important to make those changes untill after im late and know if I am or not?
I always take vitamins, never drink alcohol, and try to keep the caffeine somewhat under control (normally 2 soft drinks a day, rare days 3). I do that for my own health anyway, but also for baby I'm nursing and any baby that I may conceive.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Honestly most women's multivitamins have what you need. I take the Women's Rainbow vitamins and it has the folic acid I need and everything else and I can take it without taking a prenatal.

I actually have never taken a prenatal. With my first I was taking one a day women's and an extra folic acid (cause that one doesn't have as much folic acid), dr thought that was great.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 02-10-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote