Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #51
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething

He just turned one year. So I'm doing the Jay Gordon method and DS has woken up once. I went in prepared to have to comfort him for a long time but he actually fell back to sleep after only crying for like 5 minutes! I couldn't believe it. We'll see how I hold up in the middle of the night when I'm half asleep. I'll update on how things go.
Ohhh yes please me know!!

Advertisement

menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #52
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Sally only wakes up once to nurse! I'm trying to get her to self sooth during the day! She gets bored and wants boob!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #53
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC while Breastfeeding. February

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more View Post
Sally only wakes up once to nurse! I'm trying to get her to self sooth during the day! She gets bored and wants boob!
Lucky! Right now i'm going to work on night weaning and then once we have that down I'll work on not nursing to sleep. I'm hoping I can use the same method. I really would like to get a job in a couple months and want to feel confident in leaving DS for a few hours. He's a boob-aholic and has really only started eating solids in the last month or so.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #54
flmamao2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My son is weaning himself . He went all day without nursing yesterday. Nursed alot last night cause he wasn't feeling well. He hasn't nursed all day today either. I'm sorta happy...I'm ready to conceive again but really don't know if I can keep a bean while nursing too.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #55
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flmamao2
My son is weaning himself . He went all day without nursing yesterday. Nursed alot last night cause he wasn't feeling well. He hasn't nursed all day today either. I'm sorta happy...I'm ready to conceive again but really don't know if I can keep a bean while nursing too.
Oh really?? I don't think ds2 is going to keep up as long as ds1 did (19 months). I'm hoping you get a rainbow baby quickly.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:15 PM   #56
neuro_mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by menthomas View Post
It's hard to tell if you are ovulating without doing ovulation predictor kits (opk) or taking your temp and charting. Watching your cm is helpful but hard to pin point ovulation just with that.

Breastfeeding messes with each woman differently. I would start out by taking your temp and charting or/and using opk to see if you are actually ovulating and when. Not every woman ovulated on cycle day (cd) 14. It may be way earlier or way later.

Sorry! It's a frustrating process for sure.
Any suggestions on where to get good info on charting and taking your temp?

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #57
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Easiest place to start is the book "taking charge of your fertility"
Buy a thermometer and just take your temp at the same time every morning! It's gonna take a few cycles before you see a pattern!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #58
neuro_mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more View Post
Easiest place to start is the book "taking charge of your fertility"
Buy a thermometer and just take your temp at the same time every morning! It's gonna take a few cycles before you see a pattern!
Thanks! I did o.k. figuring it out before having ds. However, with bf'ing, my cycles are completely messed up.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #59
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So last night went surprisingly well. Around 3 am he woke up and had a really hard time falling back to sleep. He just kept sitting up and fussing and then floppin over asleep. It would have been funny if I wasn't so tired. i definitely think he is ready to night wean though. I wasn't sure if i could do it but I think he just needs to learn how to sleep without a boob in his mouth.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #60
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hilary-thats great progress!! it sounds like he's ready also. my ds2 is not sleeping unless im holding him. not necessarily even nursing or with boob in his mouth but just being held. but I don't like sleeping by myself so I guess I can't really blame him not wanting to be in a dark room alone in a crib. Im thinking about setting up the pack and play in my room and giving that a go to see if that works.

My nipples are SO sore! I ripped my boob out of ds2 mouth in the middle of the night because he latched on and was nursing and it hurt like craaaaaazy. It was a sleep ripping though, I woke up as I did it, trying to figure out why I was in pain.

AF is due Sunday so we'll see what happens. I have no tests in the house, which is a blessing and a curse. If I make it through Sunday with no af I'll stop on my way to work and pick up a test and test in the bathroom at work. Not awkward at all. haha. Though with ds2 I had to do a 24 hour urine screen for protein so I was peeing and saving my pee in a bottle in the fridge at work. Now THAT is awkward.