Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #11
organicmama10
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s
. I still like the theory that having sex several days (I believe at least 3) before O increases chances of girl. I also think that you have to have a patience trying to time 3 or 4 days before though. I would think it would reduce your odds of getting pregnant each month.
This! Not sure but it worked for us!!! We have our baby girl!! good luck!

Advertisement

organicmama10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #12
Sarah-B's Avatar
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,705
We have on dd 7 months and we dtd Sunday night & I ovulated Tuesday morning.
I did this on purpose hoping for a girl & it worked. It goes off the scientific proof that female sperm live longer than male sperm. So by dtd before ovulating the male sperm die waiting for the egg & the female sperm are just hanging out waiting and then you ovulate and bam baby girl!
Good luck
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #13
raymark's Avatar
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,116
My Mood:
Re: Help with info on gender swaying

If you have the need for IVF I do know that using ICSI (having one sperm injected directly into each egg) increases your chance of having a girl by about 5%. The lab director only chooses the most healthy appearing sperm & those are slightly more likely to be XX. However, IVF without ICSI typically results in slightly more XY babies.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #14
Mags462's Avatar
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rollin' Hard in my Swagger Wagon!
Posts: 6,539
My Mood:
Re: Help with info on gender swaying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B View Post
We have on dd 7 months and we dtd Sunday night & I ovulated Tuesday morning.
I did this on purpose hoping for a girl & it worked. It goes off the scientific proof that female sperm live longer than male sperm. So by dtd before ovulating the male sperm die waiting for the egg & the female sperm are just hanging out waiting and then you ovulate and bam baby girl!
Good luck
Would you like to meet my 0+5 "scientific proof" DS3?

Obviously there is no "guarantee".... but there are things that seem to work for a lot of people. I have heard that some women have PH/chemical uterine environments that lend to conceiving boys and others girls and some women are balanced and get both......

I'm religious so in the end i believe that I am sent the little person that is meant for our family - but i know two friends who used the shettles method and got their girls.... might be worth trying
__________________
Officially in "mourning".... and
Mags462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:08 AM   #15
Sarah-B's Avatar
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags462

Would you like to meet my 0+5 "scientific proof" DS3?

Obviously there is no "guarantee".... but there are things that seem to work for a lot of people. I have heard that some women have PH/chemical uterine environments that lend to conceiving boys and others girls and some women are balanced and get both......

I'm religious so in the end i believe that I am sent the little person that is meant for our family - but i know two friends who used the shettles method and got their girls.... might be worth trying
Lol and yes I am religious too and also believe what ever gender you are sent is the baby that is meant for your family
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #16
gingersnappy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 135
Re: Help with info on gender swaying

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymark View Post
If you have the need for IVF I do know that using ICSI (having one sperm injected directly into each egg) increases your chance of having a girl by about 5%. The lab director only chooses the most healthy appearing sperm & those are slightly more likely to be XX. However, IVF without ICSI typically results in slightly more XY babies.
Actually, if you are doing ICSI, you might as well spend the extra $ and get PDG or CCS done and have the gender selected... you'll have a 99% likelihood of winding up with whatever (boy/girl) they say the embryo was. I had ICSI with CCS done for other reasons and one XY and one XX embryo was transfered; I got a DD
gingersnappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.