Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
Sophia&Daria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How much does your 8 mo old eat?

Here's what DS is getting and I just wanted to compare what majority of you mamas are feeding.

4am breastfeed
7am breastfeed
8:30 am ~10 Cheerios plus homemade applesauce made with one apple
10am breastfeed
1pm 4 oz bottle
4pm 4 oz bottle
6:30pm 1/3 -1/2 cup blended homemade soup
7:30 breastfeed
10:30 breastfeed

Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 11:42 PM   #2
vmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How much does your 8 mo old eat?

My 8 month old loves to eat. Honestly, she eats more than my 3 year old. She eats 3 meals/day, and nurses, or drinks a bottle every 4 hours. She can take down a whole banana and 1/2 avocado for breakfast. She doesn't have teeth yet, but has been on table foods since 6 months. She wasn't into purees, and likes to feed herself. She eats whatever we eat. I'm so thankful to have a baby that's not difficult to feed.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #3
Chrissie312
Registered Users

My LO is 9 months and the amount she eats varies a lot from day to day. She won't eat purees so I just give her small pieces of foods to eat. She loves fruit, veggies, cheese, homemade soups and stews, and yogurt (spoon fed of course). Some days she can't get enough and other days she eats very little so I try not to worry about it. Most of her nutrition still comes from my breastmilk.
Chrissie312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #4
shoesundone
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie312
My LO is 9 months and the amount she eats varies a lot from day to day. She won't eat purees so I just give her small pieces of foods to eat. She loves fruit, veggies, cheese, homemade soups and stews, and yogurt (spoon fed of course). Some days she can't get enough and other days she eats very little so I try not to worry about it. Most of her nutrition still comes from my breastmilk.
Sounds exactly like my LO!
shoesundone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #5
cassie.sattler
Registered Users
seller

7 30 am breastfeed
8 30 am one jar fruit, two tablespoons cereal oatmeal or pancakes and 2 oz yogurt
10 30 am breastfeed
12 snack
2 pm breastfeed
2 30 pm lunch of one jar either fruit / veg, 2 tbsp cereal and 2 oz cottage cheese
3 30 pm snack
5pm breastfeed
6 pm two ice cubes worth of beans and rice and a jar of vegetables or overcooked super mashed pasta with tofu and a vegetable
7pm breastfeed
10breastfeed
4 breastfeed

my son always seems eager to eat. every kid is different though.

his snacks usually consist of rice cakes, cheerios, scrambled eggs, tofu cubes, banana, puffs, amd animal crackers.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #6
Pumpkinnoodlemama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think I am just a little worried about giving food that generally needs chewing (like pancakes or oatmeal) to my baby even though he is 10 months old. I'm so afraid he will choke even though of course I would give him tiny pieces.

Do I really need to be that afraid? Going to try slightly introducing food with some texture soon . . . lentils, black beans, etc. But still worried . . .
Pumpkinnoodlemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #7
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkinnoodlemama
I think I am just a little worried about giving food that generally needs chewing (like pancakes or oatmeal) to my baby even though he is 10 months old. I'm so afraid he will choke even though of course I would give him tiny pieces.

Do I really need to be that afraid? Going to try slightly introducing food with some texture soon . . . lentils, black beans, etc. But still worried . . .
No, you don't need to be afraid.

My 8 month old refuses purees. He eats a tiny handful of food at lunch and dinner, but otherwise all the calories he gets are from his formula.

His favorites are peas and GF pretzel sticks. He will try anything we put on his tray though.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #8
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Nope, not really. I cut toast into quarters and pancakes into strips for my 9 month old. She eats whole crackers and french fries and can handle it better if it's a little bigger to pick up. She makes a giant mess, but she does get some into her and has fun doing it, so it's all good. She will take purees, but much prefers to feed herself.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #9
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My almost 8 month old only wants breastmilk & every evening I have been Feeding her some purées But she only eats about 6 to 10 bites & does the sign for milk Because she would rather nurse. Two days ago she just barely got one puff in her mouth lol.
But she is very healthy and is about 20 pounds and almost 8 months old

Soon she will want more food I think
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #10
SarasynFox
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkinnoodlemama View Post

I wouldn't be afraid. My son has been eating whole pancakes (not cut up into small pieces or anything) since he was about 6 months old I think, maybe a little younger. It wasn't even intentional. His sister wasn't paying attention to her plate while we were all sitting on our living room floor, eating pancakes (I don't even remember why we were at the floor, not the table) and she turns around to her pancake having disappeared from her plate. The little guy had shoved as much of it as he could in his mouth and I swear his look was saying "What...?"

He's actually not a big eater at 8 months, unless it's pancakes. He still couldn't get enough pancakes! Everything else he'll maybe try a bite or two and give it up. At 8 months old he's still almost exclusively breastfed. All my other kids had been on solids for at least two months at this age, but he's got very little interest (in anything other than pancakes at least!) We don't worry much about it. He'll get there.
SarasynFox is offline   Reply With Quote