Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #61
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

I made another $85 today. And somewhere along the lines of posting here I forgot about the first $33 I made on diapers. So I am at $431 just on diapers! $437 for the month.

I have at least $24 coming in tomorrow from two pending transactions, but not counting the money until I have it. After those transactions go through, I will literally have three diapers left to sell. The same two pink bum genius nb diapers I've been trying to sell for a month (nobody wants pink, sigh) and a bum genius medium AIO that was converted to a pocket, also pink. I also still have some inserts to sell that I haven't gotten pictures of yet.

I totally failed at finding stuff to sell and sat on my butt most of the day. Two month DD slept fitfully last night, and puked (not spit up, puked, emptying her stomach) all over me around 4am. I basically didn't sleep after that, so my motivation for today went out the window. Tomorrow is DD2's third bday, so little to no time tomorrow. In fact, this whole week is crazy. So I may not make much progress this week, but I'm determined to make it to $500 this month!

Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #62
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgkcb13
I'm so depressed
Went to deposit the $140 check I got last week and it is gone. No where to be found. It was in my wallet at one point. Now it's just... gone.
Oh no! Is it a check you could have replaced? I'm hoping you find it.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:49 AM   #63
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Earning/Saving Extra Money ~ Check In Here ~ Feb 1-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lensesforeyes View Post
Oh no! Is it a check you could have replaced? I'm hoping you find it.
Thanks. I've run out of places to look. Either it ended up in the recycling somehow (which has already gone out of course) or I lost it while out running errands somehow. I'm just so mad at myself.

I'm going to call all the places I went last week on the off chance they happen to have a check laying around in the lost and found (yeah right... and you think they'd call me if they did?). After that I'll call the consignment shop and see if they can write me another check, minus whatever they have to pay to put a stop payment on the first one, which will be at least $35
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #64
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Kory, sorry to hear you lost your check. Can you get it re-issued or is it irreplacable?

lenses....I am dying to know what kind of diapers you sold! That is amazing!

Nothing new here.....can't seem to find the time these last few days, though I do have some things lined up and ready for when I do.

I saw a coupon for plasma donation. $100 if you donate twice in one month. I'm intrigued....but I hate blood draws, so probably wouldn't do well with plasma donation.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:26 AM   #65
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty
I saw a coupon for plasma donation. $100 if you donate twice in one month. I'm intrigued....but I hate blood draws, so probably wouldn't do well with plasma donation.
My DH tried to do that and turns out his veins are too small! Weird! He's a big guy, so we weren't expecting that.

We just finished moving out of our apartment so I have a ton of sorting to do, going to list more stuff for sale, cheap this week hopefully though. I am waiting on a local Mama to receive a check then she will buy a couple of things from me... Been waiting a while, hope it works out...
Old 02-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #66
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty
Kory, sorry to hear you lost your check. Can you get it re-issued or is it irreplacable?

lenses....I am dying to know what kind of diapers you sold! That is amazing!

Nothing new here.....can't seem to find the time these last few days, though I do have some things lined up and ready for when I do.

They were mostly BG medium AIOs, I had like 50. A few larges, too, and a couple random diapers.

Yesterday I made $24, so up to $461 so far. Have some inserts to list, and then to get the rest of the way to my goal I'm going to need to find random stuff to sell. I'm going to be annoyed if I get really close a second month in a row. $25.25 short last month was so frustrating!
Old 02-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #67
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've been following this thread I bought about 20 books at my local thrift store for.20ea that amazon said was selling for 5$ or higher. 8 have sold for $159 total after shipping in 1 week. I may have to swing back by and see if they restocked it.

Plan is to use the money to pay off a credit card.

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #68
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've been following this thread I bought about 20 books at my local thrift store for.20ea that amazon said was selling for 5$ or higher. 8 have sold for $159 total after shipping in 1 week. I may have to swing back by and see if they restocked it.

Whoa!! That's awesome! I assume you have a smartphone and check titles as you buy? Way cool.

Keep up the good work, lenses! You can make your $500 goal AND get the $25 from last month! I know you can! What do you have planned for March?
Old 02-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #69
babyleon
Registered Users
seller

hello mamas:

I want to introduce myself to the group. I turned 23 yesterday, dd is 8 months old. I cloth diaper her since birth. Dh is a awesome guy that works a full time and part time in order for me to stay home with dd without any worries. He is very supportive of cding, switching to a more green life style, exercise and food storage. We both are planning to go back to school. we pay our tithing and still save 10% we are working on saving enough to buy a home and live in a nice (safer) neighborhood(hard to find here in Las Vegas) If i could make $400 a month for the rest of the year that would be $4,400 and that would totally help for our home downpayment. I have a few cd related items I am not using and other stuff i plan to post from there i am strting
babyleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #70
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

Things have been slow here lately. I did receive an email today about the baby clothes I have listed on CL. The person can't pick up until Friday though. I am fine waiting until then since it's been listed for weeks but I am just hoping they actually show up! I am adding the sale into my totals now but if they buyers don't show up I will adjust my totals. I also hope I hear back from threadup soon as to what my selling total with them is.

Make $500

Selling totals -
1. Glider $60
2. Nursery bedding $100
3. dvd's $20 (waiting on payment)
4. rug $100
5. 2 books $25 (waiting on payment)
6. bag of clothes to thread up ? (waiting on payment)
7. CL clothes $125 (pending) fingers crossed they show up!

total so far = $430
remainder = $70
Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Let's swag! SWAG friends!

Last edited by wolffie; 02-13-2013 at 02:42 PM.
wolffie is offline   Reply With Quote