Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2013, 06:03 AM   #11
happiness
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: What is your grocery bill/month, what should mine be? (long)

125 a week, 2 toddlers and 2 adults. Some organic food, some not. Does not include personal care items and household stuff.

Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #12
drabekgirl
Registered Users

Our budget is tight, so its $400 for everything per month (including clothing). We are a family of 4 2 school aged. But when they were younger it was diapers etc. But I don't usually buy much meat at the grocery store as we have it on hand (hunting, or raising them ourselves or buying by the half). I also can or freeze a lot during the summer.
drabekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #13
Nightowl Jan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, well, We spend aroun $700/month for two adults and 3 kids. The baby nurses still but eats too. We buy good quality meats and half of our produce is organic. Our grocery items are a mix of mainstream, natural, and organic. I cook alot and make some stuff from scratch but not really as much as I could. We recently cut back on simple carbs and sugars and we are already buying less and saving. SO in comparison to what you said, I would say you are doing amazing!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #14
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We are 445 month. Food only. I compare prices and have wm price match for produce. We mostly buy whole foods.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #15
briggsy13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are currently trying to stay under $500 a month for 2 adults and 3 kids. It depends so much on cost of living though cause some people on here live where you can get groceries a lot cheaper than here. I cook almost everything from scratch and have 2 of us gluten free so that adds an extra small cost. Plus we buy all our water for drinking/cooking cause our water is horrible. Thats about $80/month right there.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #16
d_arnold
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We spend an average of $100/wk for me, DH, and DD (19 mos). BUT we only eat dinner out once a week. So the $100 is for 6 dinners and 7 lunches per week.
Wife of 6 years to DH, Momma to DD (3), and expecting Baby Girl #2 in May 2015
d_arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #17
tokidokikashikoi
Registered Users
seller

I live in a LCOL area and it's just my daughter and I. If I don't pay particular attention to what I'm buying it's easy, easy, easy for me to spend $500-600 at the store and then eat out another $100-200 a month. Currently I have to work pretty hard to keep my groceries at $300 and fast food at $60 (I work full time so most of the fast food budget is for when I forget to pack a lunch).
tokidokikashikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #18
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

We are a family of 2 adults, 2 school age kids, 1 toddler and 1 infant plus 2 dogs and a cat, we budget $600/month which includes groceries and household products as well as pet food. That was recently reduced from $800/month due to me being on maternity leave and a reduced income (thank goodness for short term disability but 60% income sucks). We rarely eat out anymore and do most of our shopping every 2 weeks at Aldi and Amelia's with in between trips to the store for milk, produce, etc (trying desperately to cut these in between trips out but we always run out of something).
Old 02-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #19
MariaLA
Registered Users
seller

$700/month max for everything at grocery, costco, farm box, and family dinners out.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #20
katertot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
$600/month for ALL consumables for fam of 4: 2 adults, 4 year old, mostly BFed baby. Including DH'swork lunches, meals out, paper products. DH and i have a small separate allowance and car stuff/gas/bills budgeted separately.
katertot is offline   Reply With Quote