Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #21
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Crap sorry, I thought this was the chat thread lol. Let me try to move the stroller talk...

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #22
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
Crap sorry, I thought this was the chat thread lol. Let me try to move the stroller talk...

So again, thanks for all the input! It felt really good to go in knowing a few things to ask about and I felt it helped facilitate the class, actually (as I was pretty much the only one asking questions).

The hospital seems great. They are very, very pro-breastfeeding which I think trickled down into their policies. They really try hard to get baby and mom together as quick as they can. They also allow all pics once baby is out. Those were my two big find a different hospital deal breakers, but they only disappointed me in one area. Only one person is allowed in the OR and they wont let a second person in when baby leaves.

Yay! I feel so much better! Thanks again!
RunawayBunny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #23
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post

So again, thanks for all the input! It felt really good to go in knowing a few things to ask about and I felt it helped facilitate the class, actually (as I was pretty much the only one asking questions).

The hospital seems great. They are very, very pro-breastfeeding which I think trickled down into their policies. They really try hard to get baby and mom together as quick as they can. They also allow all pics once baby is out. Those were my two big find a different hospital deal breakers, but they only disappointed me in one area. Only one person is allowed in the OR and they wont let a second person in when baby leaves.

Glad it sounds good!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #24
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: c-sec questions

Quote:

That's great!
I would just ask that DH and baby stay in the OR with you until you go to your room - unless there is something happening with baby, there's no need for them to take him to the nursery.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:30 AM   #25
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I would ask what would cause DH and baby to have to leave the OR. Our hospital is the same as yours, but DH and baby never had to leave because there were no complications. They were with me the whole time.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:58 AM   #26
an_aurora
Registered Users

At the hospital I worked out, baby and dad left the OR within about 10-15 minutes of delivery. Cameras were allowed, video recording was not. Usually what would happen is I would have dad hand me the camera (my job was dad support) and I'd take pictures of the baby and dad holding baby, mom's reaction, etc. After baby was wiped off quickly, weighed, and swaddled, dad got to hold it and show it to mom, then we would take dad and baby to the nursery for the initial newborn exam while mom was getting closed and taken to recovery. Recovery was about an hour and then they came to mom-baby (postpartum) where they are reuinted with dad and baby in their room.

Our hospital protocol was for a normal c/s, no complications, mom had to get up and walk to the bathroom at 6 hours PP. Normally we'd get her up, make the trip to the bathroom, clean her up, take the catheter out, put the mesh panties and a pad on, and get back in bed. Usually the PCA pump (pain meds) was discontinued at 8 hours PP.
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:10 AM   #27
aries416
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post
At the hospital I worked out, baby and dad left the OR within about 10-15 minutes of delivery. Cameras were allowed, video recording was not. Usually what would happen is I would have dad hand me the camera (my job was dad support) and I'd take pictures of the baby and dad holding baby, mom's reaction, etc. After baby was wiped off quickly, weighed, and swaddled, dad got to hold it and show it to mom, then we would take dad and baby to the nursery for the initial newborn exam while mom was getting closed and taken to recovery. Recovery was about an hour and then they came to mom-baby (postpartum) where they are reuinted with dad and baby in their room.

Our hospital protocol was for a normal c/s, no complications, mom had to get up and walk to the bathroom at 6 hours PP. Normally we'd get her up, make the trip to the bathroom, clean her up, take the catheter out, put the mesh panties and a pad on, and get back in bed. Usually the PCA pump (pain meds) was discontinued at 8 hours PP.
This sounds a lot like my experience. I did not get a pain pump, though. I think I got the keep the catheter for at least 12 hours.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #28
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

They said I'd probably have the catheter for 24 hours. I plan to ask that it be taken out earlier, but I had one with my DS (vaginal delivery) and having it in didnt bother me. Having it put in was another story. Ow!

They said it was too cold in the OR to be safe for baby more than 10-15 minutes. They let us in one of the rooms and it was very cold so I guess I understand. Since I feel confident that they will get me back asap I can accept that. Plus, it will give DH some one on one time since he has been gone. Maybe its kind of a bogus policy since aren't all ORs kept cold? How do other hospitals deal with the cold?
RunawayBunny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #29
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
They said I'd probably have the catheter for 24 hours. I plan to ask that it be taken out earlier, but I had one with my DS (vaginal delivery) and having it in didnt bother me. Having it put in was another story. Ow!

They said it was too cold in the OR to be safe for baby more than 10-15 minutes. They let us in one of the rooms and it was very cold so I guess I understand. Since I feel confident that they will get me back asap I can accept that. Plus, it will give DH some one on one time since he has been gone. Maybe its kind of a bogus policy since aren't all ORs kept cold? How do other hospitals deal with the cold?
It wouldn't bother me too much as long as DH got to stay with the baby. We never let DD2 away from us at the hospital. DH goes to the nursery with baby for all exams, and we room in.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #30
77Lipen
Registered Users

The put my cathadar in after the spinal was done. I asked for it that way. Also I think mine came out on its own earlier than expected, but whatever, everything was fine.
The or was cold, I was shivering when they started, then the spinal kicked in...
77Lipen is offline   Reply With Quote