Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #501
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

Re: Deciding not to breast feed in advancei

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtin View Post
No, not really. In fact, I only know a few people who breastfeed and many more who go straight to formula. Most of South Florida is WAY more BF friendly than central florida and I see a TON of posts on HM4HM in the Miami/Tampa corridor.
Funny, because I only got milk once. and it wasn't through any of the online avenues. I had women arrange to meet me and when the time came, ignore my calls and texts.

You are lucky.

Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #502
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
I'll make sure to let everyone know who couldn't make milk or find donor milk that they simply didn't want it enough.
For real!

Xtin, how dare you? You have a ton of nerve.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #503
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

Quote:
Well, if someone TRULY wants to find donor milk, they will. Better?

i have yet to meet someone who couldn't find donor milk for supplementation and trust me, I am pretty active in the mikshare community.

Anyone with a genuine desire to nourish their baby with donated milk, please PM me and i will help you find milk.
I TRULY wanted donor milk and only got it once. I posted many times, even made arrangements with women to no avail.

I seriously just can't believe you
Old 02-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #504
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

Well, if someone TRULY wants to find donor milk, they will. Better?

i have yet to meet someone who couldn't find donor milk for supplementation and trust me, I am pretty active in the mikshare community.

Anyone with a genuine desire to nourish their baby with donated milk, please PM me and i will help you find milk.
Wow talk about jusgemental ! So to be a sounding board. Anyone who couldn't find it in the US, must not have had a genuine desire to? Am on understanding that statement correctly? and by, that you mean enough tonourish their child for a minimum year right?
Old 02-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #505
xtin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeChickVee View Post
I TRULY wanted donor milk and only got it once. I posted many times, even made arrangements with women to no avail.

I seriously just can't believe you
maybe your sparkly personality had something to do with it

I am sharing MY experience and saying IT CAN BE DONE WITHOUT FORMULA. If you want to take that as a personal attack on you, or anyone else who didn't find donor milk for their baby, then so be it. i really just wish more people knew that milksharing was an option. When I had my first daughter, I had NO CLUE it was an option and through education and research, i found milkshare.com and now use many FB/email lists to find milk for us as well as connect other moms with donors who want to help.

Go ahead and call me whatever you want, doesn't change the facts or the success that women can have with a little help from another mama
Old 02-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #506
poohbear1208
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtin
Check HM4HB (human milk for human babies) on Facebook..
I'll check that one out, thanks!!!! Honestly I had no idea donor milk even existed until my friend posted to eats on feets on Facebook. I asked her about it and she told me all about it, so i posted a want-ad when i was about 7.5 months pregnant explaining that i was a breast cancer survivor that had a double mastectomy (no responses at all sadly) My friend didn't mention any other avenues, so I'm guessing she only used eats on feets. She unfortunately had just donated her stash, but she did pump for me until her son weaned which was really awesome of her. The other donor I found was cleaning out her freezer because hubby was going hunting. I told her my story and to please keep me in mind for future donations, but I never heard from her again. Sadly I have not had the luck that you did with donor milk. Ads for our eats on feets are scarce- want ads pop up about every 2 weeks or so, but donation ads maybe once every couple of months. Very scarce
Old 02-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #507
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

I am sharing MY experience and saying IT CAN BE DONE WITHOUT FORMULA. If you want to take that as a personal attack on you, or anyone else who didn't find donor milk for their baby, then so be it. i really just wish more people knew that milksharing was an option. When I had my first daughter, I had NO CLUE it was an option and through education and research, i found milkshare.com and now use many FB/email lists to find milk for us as well as connect other moms with donors who want to help.

Go ahead and call me whatever you want, doesn't change the facts or the success that women can have with a little help from another mama
Then say that. Say hey, I know it seems impossible but I, found that there are many ways you might not be aware of. Pm me if your interested in more info" instead of " all you mamas who tried and failed you just weren't really committed and should go hide under a rock in shame for your lesser commitment to your childs health " way of saying things. But maybe that's just, your sparkling personality.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #508
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

Quote:

Nobody said it couldn't happen. But in some areas, it's next to impossible...

and speaking of sparkling personalities, you might want to take a good hard look in the mirror.

oh and here's a big FU to you.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #509
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Personally, I would never give donor milk to my child - I would rather do formula. I have a huge supply and have offered to donate to a friend who was struggling so this is not an issue to us.

My issue with donor milk is that you do not know how safe it is at all times - I mean one day the mom cuts her hand washing dishes at church with a group of ladys and gets Hep.... Not exactly planned or known. Does she test every single oz of milk given - no. What if one of the donors was a nurse - the risks of AIDS is even creaper! Yes, I do understand that there are no proven cases of HIV/AIDS going through breastmilk but not something I would risk.

Last edited by CntryMama; 02-11-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #510
Belle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
You are lucky.
I don't see how someone who worked so hard to get dozens of donors to fill a chest freezer full of milk is just "lucky". That is commitment and hard work I know people who supplement with HM4HB and Eats on Feets. It isn't easy and they aren't lucky. They work extremely hard to contact donors, coordinate shipments and pickups, etc so that their babies have breast milk.

I'm not sure why that hard work is so offensive to people here. If you don't want the hassle of donor milk, don't do it (i don't know if I could manage it myself!), but xtin is right--people do make it happen, usually because they are very opposed to their babies having formula.