Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 01:48 AM   #21
LacyHolly
Registered Users

Re: Nursery Pics

Both of those are super cute!!! I am just starting on our nursery, emptying it out tomorrow (used to be a spare room/storage) and picking out paint colors on Friday! Then to get the MIL to come paint for me and then putting everything together! We're going with a veggie theme

Advertisement

LacyHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #22
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
I cant start ours until dd is out of there and we still need to get our bunkbeds. I really wish dh would just pull $$ from savings to get it done. Not that baby stays in there for months anyway, but i dont want to mess with it in june or july......
Old 02-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #23
Sworomommy
Registered Users
seller

super cute and great storage!
Sworomommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #24
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Don't feel bad! DH and I keep our newbies in our room for the first while (at least a year), so they've never gotten a nursery either. They do have a bassinet or crib in our room, though, and their dresser, and I hang their footprints and embroideries above their "area".
I hope to post pics of Hiccup's when (if!) I get the chance to set it up - you can still post pics of your LO's spot, even if it's not a "full fledged" nursery!
ITA. She'll be in our room for a few months. With DS I went out and bought a $$$ nursery bedding set at BRU with all the accessories. There was no way I was doing that this time. The whole nursery cost me maybe $200, with $130 of that being the crib! The dresser was $10 at the thrift store and we painted it, the closet thing was something my parents had in their basement sitting around, I just bought the John Deere fabric and the pail for the diapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacyHolly View Post
Both of those are super cute!!! I am just starting on our nursery, emptying it out tomorrow (used to be a spare room/storage) and picking out paint colors on Friday! Then to get the MIL to come paint for me and then putting everything together! We're going with a veggie theme
Have fun! Love the theme, can't wait to see what you do!
Old 02-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #25
SarahBk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Haha Rosie will be in our room for a while as well. 6 months or so, we only bought the bed (150 at Walmart, with mattress)

We found the bedding for 35.99 at Kmart. I'm cheap haha. Everything else, we already had except we bought dd9 a new bedding set.
SarahBk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #26
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love your rooms! I wanted to write more, but I'm never gonna get there and have to run. So that will have to suffice! So cute!
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #27
babyWmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Kind of bummed. My mom was suppose to come over this weekend so we could sew some more items for the nursery, but it's suppose to snow here tomorrow and Friday, so she won't be able to make it now. She lives 5.5 hours away and would be stuck in the snow the whole way down.

But since I am a little obsessed with nesting and I'm loving her nursery, here are a couple of pics (Sorry for those who already saw them on the baby craft thread, I'm just excited about them and wanted to share again.)

Here is a banner that will hang on her mirror above her dresser:

These are small fabric bins that hang above her changing area and hold wipes and creams and whatever else we need:

And here is a crib railing cover I made to cover up horrible teething marks my son has left on his crib:

Hopefully, I'll be able to start setting up some of her nursery in 2 weeks. We need to transition DS to a regular bed and clear out our spare bedroom/office to make room.

I am loving setting up a girls nursery. With my first, we didn't know what we were having, so I went very gender neutral. And then with our second, she just shared a nursery/bedroom with DS, so no planning there. This time, I am going a bit crazy and loving ever second of it.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #28
E_Sage
Registered Users
seller

I love the rooms! Those fabric bins are beautiful

Our nursery won't be done for about a week and a half, and then I'll post pics.
E_Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #29
E_Sage
Registered Users
seller

Harper's nursery in progress:

We still need to paint, hang baby lace lanterns, buy a bookcase, and I had wanted to make paper letters that read "Harper" on the wall

Last edited by E_Sage; 02-11-2013 at 07:57 PM.
E_Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #30
babyWmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Sage
Harper's nursery in progress:

We still need to paint, hang baby lace lanterns, buy a bookcase, and I had wanted to make paper letters that read "Harper" on the wall
Loving the purple.