Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #11
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weight gain?

I've been weighing myself once a week, (on the first day of a new wk) and taking a pic. I have pcos so weight gain and the inability to lose it is par for the course. With my first two pg's I think I gained about 25 never lost it after having them. With my ds I only gained 15, but I did lose it, only to have it literally jump back up in a few wks. Not sure what happened since I was really busy all the time taking care of kids, and I did all the housework/cooking while we were living with mil. I am currently down 1.8lbs starting week 12. I'm really focusing on keeping the carbs in check, and staying away from the junk. I know they say that sometimes when you feel hungry it's because you are actually thirsty! So drinking lots of water is top on my list too. GL!

Advertisement

Last edited by Andbabymakes2; 02-11-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Andbabymakes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #12
mvp529
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2
I've been weighing myself once a week, (on the first day of a new wk) and taking a pic. I have pcos so weight gain and the inability to lose it is par for the course. With my first two pg's I think I gained about 25 never lost it after having them. With my ds I only gained 15, but I did lose it, only to have it literally jump back up in a few wks. Not sure what happened since I was really busy all the time taking care of kids, and I did all the housework/cooking while we were living with mil. I am currently down 1.8lbs starting week 12. I'm really focusing on keeping the carbs in check, and staying away from the junk. I know they say that sometimes when you feel hungry it's because you are actually thirsty! So drinking lots of water is top on my list too. GL!
I'm working on all these suggestions. I bought a prenatal Pilates and started it Sunday. I'm also going to eat better. Really just less quantities. I'm really making a commitment to do better. Thanks girls this has really helped me!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #13
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have been at the same weight since 9wks pregnant, so if I start gaining weight at some point, it won't be awful. I just worked so hard to lose 25lb before I got pregnant that seeing it start to creep back up is difficult.

I wish I were ever hungry or thirsty. Most of the time I don't notice either until I am already starving or so thirsty that I chug.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #14
dressagemom
Registered Users
seller

As soon as the sperm meets the egg, my body starts packing on the pounds. It doesn't really matter what I eat or how active I am, it's just what happens. However, I do try to make sure that I eat lots of raw foods (salads, smoothies, veggies with dip, etc.), plenty of protein and fat, and really limit the sugar and grains (which *really* packs on the pounds for me). My midwife doesn't worry, because my BP is always stable, and I only have water retention/swelling during the last month of pregnancy. I do try to walk several times per week, and this year, since I will be pregnant all summer, I am planning to walk to the rec center for water aerobics and swimming. It takes me about 18 months to lose the weight, which is frustrating, but I guess it is all par for the course.
dressagemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #15
Miss_Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Water, water, water! I've cut out all soda, and I've actually only gained half a pound. I've been keeping carrots and raw fruits on hand because I've been having a major sweet tooth this pregnancy. I also try to keep nuts on hand for when I'm hungry, but don't want to or can't make a meal. I also walk about 4 miles a day (more or less, depending on how active I am at work) according to my pedometer. I do relax on my days off, but I also eat less on them because I'm not as active. If I feel hungry, I try sipping some water first and if that doesn't help, I'll try to make something healthy.

Miss_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote