Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #11
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me find a curriculum

Another question- has anyone used Weaver by alpha omega? I like SOS and I like lifepacs but looking for a happy middle- wonder if weaver is that?

Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 11:29 PM   #12
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
Formerly: WrapHappy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Of ur interested in MFW also check out trail guide to learning. For math (and in general) I thought the sos program it self was too complicated. I like teaching textbooks format wayyyy better
Old 02-13-2013, 05:15 AM   #13
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_c_odonnell View Post
Ill check out the queens and learning adventures- never heard of those.

Question for the MFW people - I'm looking online and it just looks like a bunch of books?? Are there workbooks in there or do you just read or ?? Do you have to do all the planning yourself or how does it work?
The Teacher's Guide has a grid layout telling you what to teach for each subject on what day. The Student sheets, that are in the sets, are all the worksheet/workbook type things what they are studying. It is pretty open and go. Depending on the grade level, you will have some stuff to add in, language arts/math/older level stuff for older kids, and younger supplements for younger kids.

They also have a message board you can link to right off their site and the people on there are super helpful.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:21 AM   #14
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggierbard9 View Post
The Teacher's Guide has a grid layout telling you what to teach for each subject on what day. The Student sheets, that are in the sets, are all the worksheet/workbook type things what they are studying. It is pretty open and go. Depending on the grade level, you will have some stuff to add in, language arts/math/older level stuff for older kids, and younger supplements for younger kids.

They also have a message board you can link to right off their site and the people on there are super helpful.
I see ok that makes more sense

does teaching textbooks do math only or all subjects?