Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #101
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 1-14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almacham View Post
I am joining you guys!

I suffered my second loss early last month and somehow I am pregnant again. I am in shock! I just took a test today. Will upload the picture later.

I have no clue about due date or gestational age yet. I never had af in between the miscarriage and this pregnancy.

For now at least you would just go by the first day of your m/c being LMP - that's how it's gone with my miscarriages, AF returns right on time after bleeding starts, as if it was a normal cycle.
Even if it's not exactly right, it's a decent ballpark figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfor5 View Post
Are you team green this time?

Made this today for when we are ready to send out the official word.

Not sure when we will tell. Still pretty nervous. DD2 has been super clingy and whiney and wanting to nurse a lot which has got me a little nervous. I keep thinking if I just do all the right steps then I won't loose this one. I know there is not much more I can do but pray and be positive.
We've always been team green. The only baby we ever found out with before birth was Elliana, and that was because of the circumstances. We've never really had a desire to find out with the others - although DH admitted to me that at the u/s in Dec, with Hiccup, he had a moment of wanting to know He said he never would have asked himself, but if I had said anything he would have jumped on board!
I have no real need to know, though. I love the surprise at birth. I'm only interested to know what Hiccup is to see if my pregnancy-symptom-predicting-baby's-gender theory is right (for me, I mean, not for anyone else!). I've had very different pregnancies with my boys vs. my girls, and had a "girl" pregnancy this time (really in the first trimester with m/s, but also with other things throughout) - it'll just be neat to see if Hiccup throws it out the window or not.

Love the photo! Very cute!
and your progression lines look great! I know it's super hard not to worry, but do try to relax. Take a deep breath every morning, and enjoy that day of pregnancy, kwim? And there is nothing you can do. Try not to analyze every little thing, and don't ever blame yourself if things go bad. There's just nothing you can do.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #102
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Tori, those tests are beautiful!

Welcome to our new momma!!! You're in the best company here. Love these mommas & all they have done for me.

AFM: Just over 17 wks & starting to feel lots of movement. Braxton hicks have started & my awesome RLP. Both have started way earlier than they ever have. Never had either before late 2nd tri. But as painful as my RLP gets I am ever so thankful for it. Gender confirmation is the 26th! : mrgreen:

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #103
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

Welcome Almacham! I've added you to the list.
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:27 AM   #104
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone!

I had to go to the doctor for strep throat (explains why I feel so crappy!!) and they tested my beta levels. They said it is 1398 and I am probably four to five weeks along. But they didn't do an ultrasound or anything.

I know nothing about beta numbers - is 1398 good?

Elena - that's awesome. I am determined to be team green!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #105
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Elena - we are team green this time to we've decided. We found out for 3 surprised for 2 so this will even it out. You are getting so close it must feel amazing.

Deanna - yay for all the movement! Not sure what RLP is but with Alli I had restless leg syndrome and it was so agitating.

So I pray every morning and give the day to the Lord. The last few days have been a multitude of highs and lows I think because of being sick with the crud my kids have had. DD isn't sleeping well and wanting to nurse a lot at night. I have been battling thrush in my nipples and so that hurts a bit. And on top of that just doing what we women do in a day to make the day run is wearing me out I think. Had some more spotting and cramping this morning. I am starting to think it coincides with DD's increase in night nursing. DH and I had a bit of a tiff about the night weaning. I am ready and he thinks she still needs it. I think he doesn't like her crying which I don't either but she is old enough to sleep through the night.
On a positive note we sent DS2's registration fee for college in last night. So he is officially an Ohio State University student this fall. Seems crazy for him to be close to heading off to college! DS1 is taking piloting lessons and just turned 21! Where did all that time go?
Hope everyone is having a great day! Thanks again for being such a great support.
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #106
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Elena - we are team green this time to we've decided. We found out for 3 surprised for 2 so this will even it out. You are getting so close it must feel amazing.

Deanna - yay for all the movement! Not sure what RLP is but with Alli I had restless leg syndrome and it was so agitating.

So I pray every morning and give the day to the Lord. The last few days have been a multitude of highs and lows I think because of being sick with the crud my kids have had. DD isn't sleeping well and wanting to nurse a lot at night. I have been battling thrush in my nipples and so that hurts a bit. And on top of that just doing what we women do in a day to make the day run is wearing me out I think. Had some more spotting and cramping this morning. I am starting to think it coincides with DD's increase in night nursing. DH and I had a bit of a tiff about the night weaning. I am ready and he thinks she still needs it. I think he doesn't like her crying which I don't either but she is old enough to sleep through the night.
On a positive note we sent DS2's registration fee for college in last night. So he is officially an Ohio State University student this fall. Seems crazy for him to be close to heading off to college! DS1 is taking piloting lessons and just turned 21! Where did all that time go?
Hope everyone is having a great day! Thanks again for being such a great support.
RLP=round ligament pain.

Well, I posted about my gender scan being the 26th & then last night DH agreed to be team green! Now I've spent most of this pregnancy getting excited to find out, but since this is my last I SO want the big surprise at the end. Grrrr! I am so torn now!!!

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #107
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almacham View Post
I know nothing about beta numbers - is 1398 good?

Elena - that's awesome. I am determined to be team green!
That is a great #, as far as I know! They won't do an u/s until your #'s are over 5,000 (I think? somewhere around there anyways) because before that it's very likely they won't be able to see anything anyways - which not only makes the u/s pointless, but just that much more stressful, kwim?
Like I said, I would go by the first day of bleeding with your m/c as LMP. Calculate from there, just for a ballpark guesstimate. Then I would ask for an u/s somewhere in the late 6-8 week range - that way you'll see a little bean on there with a beating heart Just gives that much more info and reassurance, and still is within their window for good EDD based on measurements.

We haven't really had a choice about finding out baby's gender or not. It's not the norm up here, in most provinces anyways. When pregnant with DD on the west coast, there is a large asian population - they stopped allowing parents to find out gender because there were still parents choosing to abort girls... simply because they weren't boys We could have found out from my OB, because he knew us and knew that we would never abort, but we chose to wait.
Here, they absolutely refuse to tell or even look at the normal u/s place (major area hospital). With Elliana we went to the city, to fetal assessment, and they told us there - they apparently always do, but it's not somewhere you really want to be, kwim?
With Hiccup, I couldn't handle going back to the bigger hospital - anxiety and past experiences there, I just knew I needed a bit more gentleness this time than they would ever allow for. So we went to a smaller health care center that still does u/s - they don't have a radiologist or anything, it's a very small hospital, but they do the scans and send them off. The nurse/tech was really nice, very gentle and understanding with us. She would have told us if we had asked, but we didn't. It's not like we're never going to find out!

Quote:

Had some more spotting and cramping this morning. I am starting to think it coincides with DD's increase in night nursing. DH and I had a bit of a tiff about the night weaning. I am ready and he thinks she still needs it. I think he doesn't like her crying which I don't either but she is old enough to sleep through the night.
In some ways it feels amazing, in some ways sad and scary. We just never planned on being here, and I was just getting okay with our family being done, without Elli, Levi being the "baby"... and then Hiccup comes along.
I know this is our last pregnancy (unless God has some serious surprises for us!) so I want to enjoy every moment. All my babies, except Elli obviously, have been right "on time" or later, so I'm that Hiccup gives me all the pregnant days the others did, and even hoping for a little late for those extra days!
It doesn't help that I can't get things ready or buy the few things I want, or really anything for Hiccup. $$ is super tight right now (DH has been on disability leave since Elli was born, and it's resulted in quite a large wage loss, unfortunately), we honestly have no room for Hiccup (Levi is still in our room, DD is wanting to move downstairs but we need a room built for her, and DH hates manual labor - I can't exactly build her room myself!).
So, I worry about those things often.

If you feel like night weaning would help with the spotting/cramping, then go ahead and do it. She's old enough to not need to nurse through the night, and she's probably able to understand to "wait for the sun" for nursing.
I do think, personally, that it would help with the cramping - breastfeeding releases oxytocin, which is the natural form of pitocin, which is what they use for inducing uterine contractions - it makes sense that breastfeeding can cause cramping/contractions. No, not always does it do this (I've had mamas argue til they're blue in the face that it never did for them so it doesn't. period.), but for some mamas, especially those prone to contractions or cramping, it can and does.
The spotting... I don't know if it would stop that or not. It really all depends on what's causing it. If it's from the cramping, then stopping the cramping would stop the spotting, kwim? If it's from something else, it may not make a difference.

Good luck with whatever decision you come to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
Well, I posted about my gender scan being the 26th & then last night DH agreed to be team green! Now I've spent most of this pregnancy getting excited to find out, but since this is my last I SO want the big surprise at the end. Grrrr! I am so torn now!!!
Like I said above, it's not like you're never going to find out - eventually, you will know if it's a boy or a girl, whether at an u/s this month (which, really, could still be wrong!) or at birth in another few months.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #108
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hi, I'm hoping I can join you ladies. This pregnancy was a bit surprising. I started out so sick. Even more than usual. My dr thought I had my dates wrong because I had a measurable fundal height much further ahead of what I'd estimated. We had an u/s that showed that I'd been having twins, but on stopped developing. It was a shock to hear it.

Nobody irl understands my feelings. As I get closer to delivery my heart aches a little more for the bean that didn't make it. I've tried talking to DH about it, but all he has to offer is that the baby was genetically incompatible with life. Um, not helpful. I know intellectually why it can happen, but these feelings are not tied with reason. A baby is a baby to me. Regardless of its length of life it was my baby.

Anyways, I'm hoping that I've found a place here to get the support and empathy I need. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 02-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #109
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

u/s in less than an hour it's the quad screening/nuchael scan...that I was going to avoid this time since we got a horrible false positive with dd. But dh wants to know so he can "plan"
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #110
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Welcome Anjuli.

Elena, that's what I will do then... I called the high risk ob-gyn and I can't get in until the 28th of this month so I have two weeks to go before finding out exactly how long I am and the official due date.