Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #11
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I adore Essence of Eve!!! Her obv is so soft and the pads are so squishy soft. I also love Yurtcraft because they're really thin too - cute prints too!

ETA: I use a bucket. Everything stays dry until I do my soaks and wash at the end of my cycle. I was using a wetbag and rinsing them as soon as I use one, but my pads were getting musty and staining. Love my wash routine now.

Advertisement

Last edited by MothyrGrimm; 02-05-2013 at 09:11 PM.
MothyrGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #12
SDJeannieZ3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Starting a Mama Cloth Stash

I have an order on the way from happy earth creations... or something like that. She has different shapes, lengths, absorbancy and tops that you can pick from to create your perfect pad.
SDJeannieZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #13
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Gem cloth! I do a wetbag. I rinse everything thoroughly before putting in wetbag. I wash midcycle but dont need to bc I have plenty of pads. I just think 7days is a long time for pads to sit in a bag.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #14
Kay+Dave
Registered Users

I use Pampered Mama, GEM Cloth, and Party In My Pants. My favorite is minky topped pampered mama, with GEM cloth a close second. Pampered mama is more flexible and soft, which I love! I keep mine in a small trash can with a flip-top lid and just toss them in with my son's diapers.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 02-06-2013, 01:27 AM   #15
bkoala
Registered Users
seller

I really like charlie banana and they come with a travel wet bag
bkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #16
peacefulgardentx
Registered Users

My Mood:

My absolute favorite pads are the hand-dyed OBV ones from The Naked Pomegranate on etsy. They are super trim, absorbent, gorgeous, and very well made. The mama who makes them (Lauren) is fabulous to work with!
peacefulgardentx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:01 AM   #17
madame_raz
Registered Users

I love Domino Pads. I put them in a wet bag after use and then rinse them alone on cold in the washer. Then I throw my diapers in and wash them with the diapers.
madame_raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #18
mozartswannabe
Registered Users
seller

Starting momma cloth seems so intimidating! And the start up costs are so high, but don't seem like they would pay off financially like diapers! I'm sure they will health wise though. I'd love to try it, but I'm having a hard time getting started too! I think I'd like to try making my own, but even that seems intimidating!
mozartswannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #19
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartswannabe
Starting momma cloth seems so intimidating! And the start up costs are so high, but don't seem like they would pay off financially like diapers! I'm sure they will health wise though. I'd love to try it, but I'm having a hard time getting started too! I think I'd like to try making my own, but even that seems intimidating!
It definitely pays off even more than diapers. You have a period for way more years than your child is in diapers

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #20
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartswannabe View Post
There are women who get addicted and never stop buying menstrual cloth (I've talked to some women here who have 100 or more pads), and there are women like me who are very picky about their menstrual cloth so that it may take a while to recover from mistake purchases once one is able to budget in the preferred cloth, replacing the "mistakes." However, as long as you stop buying when you really don't need any more, mama cloth will pay off. Since I already had a very "lean" and orderly period product system prior to menstrual cloth, it will take a few years for my cloth pad purchases to pay off. But I've talked to mamas who have been using the brands I'm going with for many years more than that. So my purchase should pay off... just not right away.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote