Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #21
Annedee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: COCONUT OIL, and what I discovered about rashes and yeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymakes3.4.5.... View Post
If you whip the coconut oil for a couple minutes with either handheld or stand mixer it gets beautifully fluffy and will stay super soft if you keep it in a sealed container between uses
Thanks for the tip! That sounds super nice to use . My jar needs to be refilled, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkchikk View Post
Thanks I'm just passing the information on because anything that makes my families life a little easier will probably help someone else's family too!

About the wipes warmer, I have the prince Lionheart warmer but unfortunately it doesn't fit paper towels! I'm sure if I had cloth wipes or cut the paper towels right it would work, but that's ALOT or effort, lol.
I have to share where I got my wipes, in case you're looking for the perfect ones
http://www.etsy.com/listing/97877252...es-baby-wipes?

I ordered 5 sets from her, and requested the thread colors of red, orange, green, blue, and purple. She threw in a couple yellows cuz I unintentionally ordered all the colors in the rainbow except yellow I love these wipes, too. They are like washcloths, they don't curl up around the edges, they don't repel water (I wet mine with warm water in the sink), and they're sooo soft! I also have some Thirsties and some Imse Vimse flannelettes, but these were cheaper and better

It's super great to hear that coconut oil is working so well for you! I've been using it, too.

Advertisement

Annedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #22
mollyj931
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yay! so excited to hear good things about this. I just ordered some for the new baby and cloth, but can't wait to use it on my other little one's dry winter skin. Thanks for the good tips!
mollyj931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #23
mozartswannabe
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplykarenp View Post
I use chamomile tea in place of the water in my wipes solution and it works wonderfully. Chamomile has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti- inflammatory and anti-parasitic properties. I mix it with a squirt of dr bronners baby mild soap and coconut oil. I also slather my baby's bum with coconut oil if she had a hint of redness, by that next diaper change, redness is gone.
That's an excellent idea! I am so going to try this!

I too am bidding my time to become a FSOT user! Keep posting lol! Coconut oil rocks! It was the only thing that made my breasts stop itching in the early BFing days when I was scared to use lotion bc of chemicals.
mozartswannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #24
MamaWeeks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought a jar of this stuff upon hearing all the great things about it online, but so far we haven't had any rash.. however the jar is almost empty because I love cooking with it. lol.
MamaWeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #25
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

My jar just came in yesterday! I used it for the first time tonight on DS, from head to toe. He loved it I've been using Cjs plus (which has coconut oil in it) with almost every change because he has a problem area on his inner thighs that always wants to flare up in a rash. I found if I stay proactive with the Cjs it keeps the rash gone. But a couple weeks ago I found out that one of the ingredients in Cjs can be potentially harmful, neem seed oil. DS is always wanting to touch the cream or put his hands in his mouth so while I still kept using it to keep his rash gone, I was hoping to find something else as DS hated me putting it on him. So Im really glad I stumbled on this post I plan on using coconut oil as a rash cream and lotion for him, also want to start using it in place of the aloe and EVO I use to make his wipe solution. DS seemed to really enjoy being able to explore, touch, taste and smell it and it wasnt a struggle or fight to put it on him like it is with cjs. Thanks for posting momma!
momma_dna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #26
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

I love coconut oil for rash prevention and minor irritation. Sadly we haven't found it veru effective once a yeast rash actually settled in through.. BUt consistant use we find we can prevent them in the first place.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:15 AM   #27
essential1892
Registered Users
seller
seller

You all convinced me to order some coconut oil from Amazon. I can't wait to try it!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #28
wisa03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't get it! I always hear all these amazing testimonials, but it never helps with our rashes, at all - neither does CJ's (both of which I still love, by the way, but not for rash prevention/healing) - we ended up using desitin (ugh) and the grovia disposable inserts til it went away, because it was fully open wounds and it just broke my heart... we were changing her constantly - mostly letting her run naked, but it just wasn't having it. Sometimes those rashes can be so persistent! I'm terrified of getting a yeast rash... will definitely break the coconut oil out again just to try if we do. For now, it keeps her busy with something to hold while I change her diaper
wisa03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #29
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisa03 View Post
I don't get it! I always hear all these amazing testimonials, but it never helps with our rashes, at all - neither does CJ's (both of which I still love, by the way, but not for rash prevention/healing) - we ended up using desitin (ugh) and the grovia disposable inserts til it went away, because it was fully open wounds and it just broke my heart... we were changing her constantly - mostly letting her run naked, but it just wasn't having it. Sometimes those rashes can be so persistent! I'm terrified of getting a yeast rash... will definitely break the coconut oil out again just to try if we do. For now, it keeps her busy with something to hold while I change her diaper
I love coconut oil and it is great to help my eczema prone DD skin and minor rashes from poo diapers but if her rash is more then we need more. FOr yeast it did nothing antifungal anti ich combo did.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #30
kelly.baker725
Registered Users
seller

i use coconut oil for everything!!! I use it in place of lotion, to treat cradle cap, and even mix it with vitamin E to make an eye cream for myself!!
kelly.baker725 is offline   Reply With Quote