Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #11
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Flynt Edward was born Feb. 5th!

congratulations. we were the 4th about 9am... they must like the morning....

Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #12
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations! I'm glad you were able to have such a great birth experience! I always suspected you were having a fifth boy. You are definitely a pro "boy Mommy". Enjoy your babymoon!
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:46 AM   #13
lisha622
Registered Users
seller

Congrats Mama! Yay for another little baby boy and yay for all natural!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #14
MommyMeads
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #15
Mummandherboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackobeano View Post
Congratulations Leah, I am so excited for you and your family! I am very happy you got to have the natural birth you wanted, it truly is an amazing experience. I can't believe we ended up having our babies the same day, that's so crazy!! Were you able to do a water birth or at least labor in the water for some of the time?
Thanks Jac I did labor in the tub a little bit, but I think it might have slowed my contractions down a bit and so I got out after not too long. It was very relaxing, but since my water broke first thing and my contractions weren't growing too quickly, I spent the most of my birthing time on the ball and then once things really picked up, I was sitting mostly upright in the bed and then mostly on my side during pushing. I am amazed that you were able to go all natural with 45 min of pushing...my pushing time was only about 15 min tops and I was borderline totally losing it without any meds at that point!! I think some women just have a higher tolerance for pain...you did wonderful!
Old 02-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #16
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummandherboys View Post
Thanks Jac I did labor in the tub a little bit, but I think it might have slowed my contractions down a bit and so I got out after not too long. It was very relaxing, but since my water broke first thing and my contractions weren't growing too quickly, I spent the most of my birthing time on the ball and then once things really picked up, I was sitting mostly upright in the bed and then mostly on my side during pushing. I am amazed that you were able to go all natural with 45 min of pushing...my pushing time was only about 15 min tops and I was borderline totally losing it without any meds at that point!! I think some women just have a higher tolerance for pain...you did wonderful!
I'm glad you got to at least try the water out and I'm so glad you were able to find positions that worked well for you. I've always had the birth ball but never chosen to use it. As far as pushing it was pretty difficult especially since it felt like I wasn't getting anywhere until I got past the lip of cervix. With DD1 I pushed for about an hour and with DS I pushed for 15min so I've had a good range of pushing times. It is hard and very challenging but once you get through it it is so worth it

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote