Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
AmandaA
Registered Users
seller

Outgrowing NB Simplex Questions

When did your LO outgrow NB Simplex? Their website says 16 pounds?!

Here is my dilemma... DD is almost 3 months old and just over 11 pounds. She is still comfortably on the 2nd set of snaps. I love the Simplex. Favorite NB diaper, no leaks ever. I am getting ready to send back my rental (not going to extend again since we have outgrown the others and are taking an extended vacation this month as well). I can't decide if I should buy the Simplex and keep using them. I've started using some of our OS diapers from my stash, and while they work I really don't like how bulky they are. I'm looking into sized diapers for when we are totally out of NB diapers. I checked my son's baby book and he didn't hit 16 pounds until 6 months old, and DD is almost 2 pounds smaller than him at this point. So I think I will get several more months out of them if they really last to 16 pounds. Not sure about absorbancy though.... we are using RaR pockets at night now since she sometimes goes 5-6 hours. So I would just use the Simplex during the day for about 3 hour stretches at most.

So... did your LO outgrow the absorbancy before the size itself? If so, did you add a doubler to the pocket? Even though this will be our last baby, I don't mind buying them if I could realistically get a few more months use out of them. Just curious what others experience has been as you neared outgrowing your NB dipes. Thanks!

Advertisement

AmandaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #2
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Outgrowing NB Simplex Questions

Well I am not there yet but I have a 18 month old 17lber. So I got 12 simplex nb for baby due in April. I would think that you could just add a thin doubler to them and they will be fine. If you do not forsee a growth spurt (which never happens here) then I would just buy them. You can always sell them later.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
ss456
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They still fit him, but my DS outgrew the absorbency of the newborn Simplex at about 8 weeks. So you've already surpassed my experience. They are so cute though and did work well for me for awhile.
ss456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

I love these diapers!!! My DD is 6.5 months old and weighs about 14lbs. She is still wearing her nb simplex. She is on the last snap setting but they are slightly loose that way so she still has some growing room in them. She can still last 3 hours between changes in these as well. These even work as night-time diapers for us also. I found geffen baby makes a nb size hemp doubler that perfectly fits in the pocket of the nb simplex. I just stuff one in and she's ready for bed. I believe the 16 lb. weight range will be fairly accurate for us. Totally worth the money IMO!
dncnshu00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
Terra76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DS is 15lbs and 4 months old. He outgrew the rise on the newborn simplex about 3 weeks ago and the absorbancy was real iffy. sometimes he would be good for 2-3 hours and other times the diaper was soaked front to back after just an hour. BUT they didn't leak until the rise issue. This may not be an issue for you since you have a dd Really awesome diaper.
Terra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #6
Xanders
Registered Users
seller

DD is 2 months almost & not sure of her weight, but she outgrew them a few weeks ago. In fact, the os simplex on the smallest setting fits like the NB did at birth.

If you want something that will last & is trim, try Fuzzi Bunz Elite or Charlie Banana OS. The FB is trimmer on her, but the CB is a dream to adjust!

Basically, all babies are shaped differently, so I would never go by the weight ranges. 4 weeks ago she was 9#6. I doubt age hit 16# two weeks ago.
Xanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #7
AmandaA
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dncnshu00 View Post
I love these diapers!!! My DD is 6.5 months old and weighs about 14lbs. She is still wearing her nb simplex. She is on the last snap setting but they are slightly loose that way so she still has some growing room in them. She can still last 3 hours between changes in these as well. These even work as night-time diapers for us also. I found geffen baby makes a nb size hemp doubler that perfectly fits in the pocket of the nb simplex. I just stuff one in and she's ready for bed. I believe the 16 lb. weight range will be fairly accurate for us. Totally worth the money IMO!
Where did you find the NB Geffen baby doubler? KBTM is the only shop I found that carried anything Geffen when I did an internet search and they don't have the NB. Only other place I found was to order directly from Geffen. Is that how you got them?
Old 02-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #8
ss456
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaA View Post
Where did you find the NB Geffen baby doubler? KBTM is the only shop I found that carried anything Geffen when I did an internet search and they don't have the NB. Only other place I found was to order directly from Geffen. Is that how you got them?
www.dearestdiapers.com has some Geffen products.
ss456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #9
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

I orderedy nb ones directly from geffen.
dncnshu00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #10
AmandaA
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dncnshu00 View Post
I orderedy nb ones directly from geffen.
Thanks! Wonder why they are so hard to find? Might try the nb piece from my RaR hemp and bamboo 6R's and see if they would work the same.