Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #31
chach4
Registered Users
seller

Hi all.
Thanks for the responses!.
My babe is now almost 5 months. And don't worry, no ttc yet here. Yes, we DO want more. But we are going to wait till this baby is a year and then see how we feel. I was just SO suprised that I was having these strong feelings so soon after her birth of wanting to do it again. Im blaming the hormones.which have since calmed down some.
Breastfeeding is important to me, and is going great so far, so I want to keep that up as long as we can. I don't want to "cheat" this babe out of that or being the "baby" for awhile.
Life has thrown me, cause for so long, I didn't think I wanted kids, then I wanted a couple, and now, I want a bigger family(which I know the definition of "big" is different for everyone. I'm thinging 4. Tho hubby keeps saying 6.)just suprises me how things have changed in my life. And I LOVE it. Being mom is the best!

Advertisement

chach4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:10 AM   #32
Pikemommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: baby fever already? am I nuts?

I think there's a big difference between wanting another child and craving the pregnancy/birth experience. Pregnancy and birth are mostly about the mother and when that baby comes the focus goes to the baby... I think many women miss the attention after the baby is born and want that attention back with another pregnancy. If you are craving another baby when you still have an infant I think it's important to dig deep and discover if it is really another baby you want or just the pregnancy/birth experience.
S 3/15 7lbs 15oz 20.5in
Pikemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #33
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
I got pregnant twice while breastfeeding. My theory is if I'm nursing on demand and still getting preggo then my body is obviously ok with it.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

I agree with this as well. I typically don't start ovulating til baby starts solids (around 10 months we usually start). I got pregnant with DS 2 when his older brother was 15 months and got pregnant with our newest addition when her older sister was 13 months. Both times I was nursing and continued to nurse through pregnancy and tandem nurse too right now I am tandem nursing and would be happy to welcome another in the LORD's timing.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #34
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

I think that immediately after adding to your family there is that beautiful realization of the sheer volume of love the family is capable of. Its kind of like being stoned. Sure some people may really be into the attention of pregnancy and birth, but for many I think its partially a desire to experience multiplied love at its peak again and again. (OMgoodness, I sound like a very hokey hippie....)
Old 01-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #35
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerpeachee View Post
I think that immediately after adding to your family there is that beautiful realization of the sheer volume of love the family is capable of. Its kind of like being stoned. Sure some people may really be into the attention of pregnancy and birth, but for many I think its partially a desire to experience multiplied love at its peak again and again. (OMgoodness, I sound like a very hokey hippie....)
I think you described that very well.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:13 PM   #36
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikemommy
I think there's a big difference between wanting another child and craving the pregnancy/birth experience. Pregnancy and birth are mostly about the mother and when that baby comes the focus goes to the baby... I think many women miss the attention after the baby is born and want that attention back with another pregnancy. If you are craving another baby when you still have an infant I think it's important to dig deep and discover if it is really another baby you want or just the pregnancy/birth experience.
This.

ISO: Ring Sling WC, Soft Star Shoes (brand) shoes size 8/9 (toddler) or infant
aumismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #37
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikemommy View Post
This can be very true for many women. I do know some however that chose to have babies close in age (like 18 months and less) but hated being pregnant. They just wanted a big family and didn't mind dealing with being pregnant to get that. I really want another, my son is 19 months, but I really am not looking forward to being pregnant now that I've had a m/c, I know I'll be scared the whole time.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #38
psylion
Registered Users
seller

I have a seven week old and am already thinking about another. Of course I'm 39 so it's soon or never and this baby was pretty hard to achieve.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 02-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #39
COgle3
Registered Users
seller

I don't think anything is crazy. I loveeeee babies and would always have a newborn if I could, but for me, I know I am so high stress that I couldn't keep having kids. I worry so much about everything. I think there are plenty of families that thrive with close aged kids. My friends are 9 months apart (early baby) and they are best friends. Their mom said it was easier because they always played together and had eachother the whole time in school. I think a major factor would just be your health. I thought it took a year to recover from childbirth. I got pregnant nursing a 15 month old and started to lose weight pregnant and nursing. I literally had to pick a baby and I still feel awful. I think if you want them close, go for it so long as you're healthy. Just a note though (from a worrier ), consider having two so close and one has a health issue pop up around 1 or 2. I know for me that would be overwhelming with two babies, being that two healthy babies are so demanding, let alone one that needs more. If you are an easy going person, then enjoy two babies at once. I'll be over here, jealous that you get more tiny newness

Sew Love For Love
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewloveforlove
COgle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #40
AzulMariposa
Registered Users
seller

My baby is turning 1 this month. I want another and have for a couple months. But only time will tell.