Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #31
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any chance a bamboo or hemp flat/prefold could absorb near 20oz?

What about the Blueberry bamboo flat?

Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #32
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any chance a bamboo or hemp flat/prefold could absorb near 20oz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggierbard9 View Post
Overnight for my heavy wetter we use either the Hemp Babies Bigger Weeds folded into a flat or the Babykicks XL Toddler prefold folded into a flat. The Toddler prefold is bulkier than the Bigger Weeds, but it does hold more like my test showed. I think you would get a trimmer fit using the Bigger Weed and another hemp doubler inside the trainers at night.
Thanks for the thought. I am going to try an use what I have but I will keep this in mind if he doesn't PL at night for a while. Or if we need something narrower if we end up going with all Snap-EZ (right now we have 1 and 4 Bumware)

This thread has also awakened my love for hemp. We didn't use it much because we didn't need it, my son wasn't a heavy wetter. But if #2 is I know where to look

BTW, I found my actual BG 3.0 insert it was actually marked. It only took 8oz same as the wider 4.0 inserts. The Narrow 4.0 inserts that I think are an older style held the 11oz.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:58 AM   #33
ltlmrs
Registered Users
seller

Re: Absorbency of various bamboo, hemp, & Microfiber inserts

I know this is a somewhat old thread, but my current night solution failed last night and I thought someone here would have a suggestion. I was using a bigger weed wrapped around a babykicks prefold (small size - they've been working fine padfolded even though shorter). I put this in a BG stay dry sock and under a wool wrap. The top third of the set up was still completely dry, the rest of the diaper was soaked through, the front of her pants was wet and the sheets were damp.

I ordered some XL toddler babykicks based on the recs in this thread. Anything else I should consider while they are in the mail (won't be here till late next week). In addition to the Babykicks small and the Bigger Weeds, I have: tons of hemp doublers of all brands, premium cotton prefolds, premie sized prefolds, LL large flats, DR small flats and Hemp Babies true flats.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #34
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So the front of the pants were wet and the top front of the diaper was dry? That to me says that liquid is escaping before the diaper can fully absorb. So absorbency may not be your issue, instead it could be fit. When we were having this issue with nighttime diapers, I discovered that it was a sidesleeping issue and the liquid was escaping out the side before it could be absorbed. I have diapers will better leg elastic now and use a grovia doubler sideways to put some absorbency closer to the edges.

Since you have a girl she could be flooding the lower part of the diaper and it's leaking out before the upper part of the diaper can help out. I don't have any suggestion besides making sure that the diaper cover fit well and good luck
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Old 03-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #35
ltlmrs
Registered Users
seller

She's a tummy sleeper. I have found that the babykicks toddler folded over in the front works great!
Old 01-01-2014, 10:38 PM   #36
sarahdean15
Registered Users
seller

Did you ever find anything that held close to 20oz or a good combination that came close? I have a heavy nighttime wetter and I just ordered some BG 4.0s to try but I'm still debating about what to stuff with. Currently we are using Grovia Hemp Insert with an organic cotton doubler with a Grovia shell with fleece shorties over top of all of it. Still leaking :/ Not every time but at least 1-2 times a week which is annoying. He can leak in a disposable too and never leaks during the day so I know it has to do with the quantity of liquid not a fit problem. I've been told hemp is best, but there is such a variety of inserts and boosters that I'm having trouble picking.
sarahdean15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:34 AM   #37
3peasinapod
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahdean15 View Post
Did you ever find anything that held close to 20oz or a good combination that came close? I have a heavy nighttime wetter and I just ordered some BG 4.0s to try but I'm still debating about what to stuff with. Currently we are using Grovia Hemp Insert with an organic cotton doubler with a Grovia shell with fleece shorties over top of all of it. Still leaking :/ Not every time but at least 1-2 times a week which is annoying. He can leak in a disposable too and never leaks during the day so I know it has to do with the quantity of liquid not a fit problem. I've been told hemp is best, but there is such a variety of inserts and boosters that I'm having trouble picking.
We use a trifolded GroVia size 3 bamboo prefold with a Grovia doubler or Hemp Babies doubler tucked inside. This is a tight fit in the GroVia shell but does fit into a BG 4.0. It works for my 18 month old and 3 year old overnight.

For my 4 year old (and bedwetting 6 year old) , I use two flats padfolded together in a BB Coverall or Thirsties Xlarge cover. It is a little bulky but they don't mind and so far it has been bulletproof and washes up nicely.
3peasinapod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:36 AM   #38
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

geffen baby super absorber is suppose to hold 8oz. I would ger a super plus or 2 that hould be around 20.

for my son I used a grovia doubler, bg os mf, and bk joey binz med for a total of about 20 bc that is what I had.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:36 AM   #39
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

geffen baby super absorber is suppose to hold 8oz. I would ger a super plus or 2 that hould be around 20.

for my son I used a grovia doubler, bg os mf, and bk joey binz med for a total of about 20 bc that is what I had.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:46 AM   #40
issybissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is an amazing comparison thread! Thanks! Bumping for reference!